Thread: 10 best and worst things about dating a CD!

Banned Read only

10 best and worst things about dating a CD!

Stumbled across this one from a GG perspective and it has a happy ending so thought I'd share with the group

http://m.blogher.com/10-best-and-wor...g-crossdresser

😉

Nice post in that link - thanks for sharing

Banned Read only
    It's nice to read a story with a happy ending. The woman who wrote that seems very well adjusted, and really an amazing partner to her CD spouse. I thought she had really good insights on why CDs do some of the things they do.

I found myself getting a little sad reading it, thinking about my marriage that didn't survive this stuff. It's stupid of me to feel that way - but it really is what I'm feeling right now. There was no chance our marriage could've survived my transition. Really, there was no chance our relationship could've survived had I just been a CD. Rigid ideas about gender, my ex-wife has... Serves me right - I never talked to her up front about my gender issues. It would've ended the relationship then, too. Somehow I knew that, but I desperately loved her. That was really selfish of me, I guess.
    Last edited by PaulaQ; 12-04-2015 at 03:01 AM.

Hell-o Robin,
    Wouldn't it be a different world if every spouce of a CD had this same point of view?
    We wouldn't even be here now if that were the case.
    But as Paula has shown us, it doesn't always work out. (Sorry Paula)(and selfish isn't wrong, it's all to common for people to think of themselves above others) ( YAH THAT INCLUDES ME !)
    Love and relationships go hand in hand, but they are 2 separate things.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    (Sorry Paula)(and selfish isn't wrong, it's all to common for people to think of themselves above others)
    I was afraid I'd be alone. Before transition, I had immense difficulty getting into relationships. I'd been in exactly two sexual relationships at the time of my second marriage. I didn't think anyone could love me if they knew all about who I really was. I think a lot of us on this forum have probably felt that way.

I also really needed help with my young son. I know on some level I put off transition for the sake of my children.

Ironically enough, post transition, and in a rather unlikely turn of events as many of us are lonely, I've had quite a few relationships - far more than in my old life. I never expected that.

Finding women who accept a gender variant partner, especially one who has fun with it like the woman who wrote the blog, seems pretty daunting - at least amongst most straight women. Bi women tend to deal with this better, but they are hard to find because bisexuality is erased in our society.

Link was a Mobile site so was hard to read.

http://www.blogher.com/10-best-and-w...g-crossdresser

This is the desktop version.

It is refreshing to see such an open attitude. Thanks for the article!

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

my SO agrees wholeheartedly with this, we do seem to know better how to push the right buttons. :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Aspiring Member
    Did I miss something it said ten best and worse things about dating a cross dresser, I only saw five reasons.

Thank you for sharing this robin.

Another thing about living with a CD:

One thing my wife has to put up with- the occasional cosmetic product in the bathroom she is not sure what to do with.

Some years ago Olay marketed a skin moisturizer in a mousse form, rather than a cream. Of course i had to try it. It was okay, a bit heavy, so I did not use it every day. Hence it sat on the bathroom shelf.

Then one day, my wife is telling me, "Hey, I just realized this is moisturizer, not styling mousse. I tried this the other day, and I'm thinking to myself 'this stuff is not very good- it leaves my hair flatter than if i hadn't used it at all'..."

Oops, sorry about that hon...

But like Pamela says: if you learn how to work with it- it can be fun for both of you. My wife's toenails never looked better- even better than her sister's (who does nails for a living)
    Last edited by Krististeph; 12-04-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Awesome article, thank for pointing it out!

I loved reading that, thank you!

Banned Read only
    Wow, I'm glad everyone enjoys this article as much as I did!

@Fionna thanks for the link update, I use my phone pretty much exclusively - damn those data charges 😠

@Paula I so sorry your marriage didn't work out, I know that sounds kind of weak but I'm seriously sorry!

Thank you for sharing this. One of the items - You're stuck with a secret - is something my wife is wrestling with now.

I should let my wife read this. This is all new to her and while she is extremely supportive, she still has a lot of insecurities about it. Thanks for this post!

Krististeph, remember "There's something about Mary", ...." Is that hair gel?"
    Nice article, I'd add that we understand spending lots of money on clothes, and LOVEshopping, whereas most guys won't go at all, or look at it as a chore.

If only that was always the case thanks for posting my SO has walked out for the 5th time since discovering perhaps I will get the chance to share this