Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what kind of man are you without the dress?

what kind of man are you without the dress?

I realizedI that use dressing as an escape from daily life. It is relaxing to look pretty and enjoy the softer things in life. I guess I'm a little girl who plays dress up and have a tea party.

That's different from my male mode. When presenting male, I tend to have loose unkempt clothing. Hair messed up and sometimes unshaven.

Lately, I've started trying to get better clothing, calmer work attitude and presentation. So, I'm wondering how different are you in male vs female mode? How would people describe you as a male?

I know sometimes, I wonder if I give off a male or feminine demeanor.

Daniella Argento
    I am quite similar with some obvious differences:
    I wear way more bling when en femme
    My make up is quite 'natural' and I don't go too glam (at least not as much as some sisters )
    En homme I am nearly always clean shaven, neat and tidy and as smart as is appropriate for where I live.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    En homme, I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy. Slender frame. 5'10" 150#. I don't hunt, fish, off road, camp, sports or any other typical guy stuff.
    But, I naturally emulate masculinity. I'm tactile and analytical. I fix things, build things and take care of things.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Im a jeans and t-shirt guy, they have to be baggy or I can't handle the day. My hair is messy and im un shaven, basically I don't care how i look. Also my anger issues are more prominent when im a man. When i get the time to dress up i am the complete polar opposite, my hair is neat, im shaven, I like the feeling of tighter clothes and i am so calm. It's like an escape.
    Ellie May 😘

During working hours I am an overall type of guy. I am self employed so work long and hard. I don't worry too much about my appearance but I am always clean.

Banned Read only
    Aside from tucking in my shirt(and the makeup) everything is the same on both sides of the coin.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lena, When En-Drab I'm a manly man aside from wearing small triple pierced studs I always take pride in my appearance. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Pretty ordinary as a guy and I try to smarten my appearance up when dressed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    I didnt like myself much when endeavour. That much I remember. Life is so much better now that I'm full time and my attitude is much,much better

I look like any other regular guy, on most days. T-shirt, jeans or sweat pants.

I'm a professional suit and tie guy. At home jeans and tee shirts rule. People call me a metro sexual at work because I'm always color coordinate... little do they know

Aspiring Member
    I tend to overdress en homme at times - sometimes I'm the only one not wearing a T-shirt. I prefer long sleeved clothing en homme (contrast my preference for strapless dresses), as they make me look less bony. I'm older than I look en homme as well, sadly - while pumping gas the staff wondered if I was too young to drive. Maybe the main contrast between my male self and the self otherwise referred to as Lilian is the silhouette when dressed up.

Before I retired a few years back it was coat and tie or no less than dress casual. Now my male self is just the average, but nice off the rack pants. My shirts vary, from tees in the Summer to long sleeve in winter. I still love to dress nice in male mode with coat and tie and good leather shoes.

what kind of "person" am i without the dress? The same.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Interesting question Lena and I'm curious to see how others describe their male side in contrast to when they present female.

Like Carla I'm pretty tactile and like to fix things. I do a lot of home renovation work on the weekends on my own home and for neighbors (it gives me a little extra cash). And I like it. I like being strong enough to lift heavy things and making grunting noises and when I make things work. When I have time I like to ride my bicycle… hard and fast. And I like being the male my my wife wants when we... well, you know... when we... have a grown folks business meeting.

At my day job, I wear the same six pair of khaki, olive drab, black trousers week in and week out with the same pull over short sleeve shirts that are pretty bland as well. I’ll shave on Sunday night and maybe again on Thursday. I keep my hair cut really short and being really thin on top there are all these weird little crazy hairs going in different directions.

I come across as a hard ass and am kinda strict on my boy but when I’m in the mood to be silly he knows it and has fun playing along with me when I do or say silly things especially in contrast to being consistent on rules for him. Admittedly (and this is kinda hard to say and admit) I have a short fuse and get angry too easily with my wife and the boy. I don’t think it’s about not being able to dress or anything like others have mentioned… I’m just stressed at work, finances, body issues and it getting older and slower/weaker, the weekend home reno work, very little exercise, did I mention finances?

But in the couple of times I’ve dressed, Sayyidah brings out my softer side. I feel more…. fluid instead of so rigid.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

I'm the same me with or without the skirt. When I dress like a girl I tend to go for a tomboyish or big sister look depending on how far to the left my gender identity slider is on a given day.

I should note that 95% of the people I've come out to had an inkling of some sort that I was "something" so there is probably something in my demeanor that tips them off in male mode, but none of us know what it is exactly.

Male mode: laziest shaver ever but that's more of an act as I have realized over the last month that I am really a girl inside.

Female mode: elegant but classy look, which is why I am not a fan of many of the clothes for sale on those sites targeting CD/TG. I don't want to wear something so short.
    Last edited by MissDanielle; 12-01-2015 at 11:48 PM.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Business casual most times at work but enjoy suit-and-tie opportunities, I can get sloppy on the weekends and typically shave 2-3x a week (I have a light beard, so I can get away with it). En femme, always dresses and heels, full makeup and wig, nails and accessories

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Pretty much the same either way.

Amalgamating all of our feelings sometimes works wonderful changes regardless of chosen presentation at the time. We realize that it's good to be us.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Since I came out to my wife I though I was pretty much the same as I always was, but she says I'm acting a lot more fem around her, maybe it's a release of hiding my cross dressing for most of my life. My en home clothes are jeans and t shirts etc but clean shaven and well groomed.

Borderline nerd with some of my likes.... . Not overly masculine. Male clothes are typical male clothes. neatly dressed at least. I am conscious of color matching and always have been. I actually like to dress in formal clothing. suit and tie if I have a reason to. I have always been one to take great care of my appearance. Well shaved most of the time, no stray hairs from other places no one wants them.

Personality wise, as I had said, almost nerd like. Not loud or aggressive.... easy going most of the time. I try to find humor in a lot of things. It can get me into trouble sometimes, but I am not good as far as being a comedian, I just like to laugh at things as often as I can
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Drab or dressed. I'm pretty much the same. Always clean shaven. Smart casual when not working.

Without the dress I'm a woman pretending to be a man. All of my casual clothing is female clothing, so I'm always dressed up in male mode. My "slob" clothes are some $10 dresses I got at Walmart and other places. I call them "house dresses" because they look so awful I'd never wear them out of the house.

Very Manly, oddly enough