Thread: Drab or Fab?

Drab or Fab?

I was wondering how you girls split the time between drab wear or all out head to toe, for me its 90% of the time fully dolled up because wearing bits and pieces for me at least, doesn't give me the same femme feeling I need so its all or nothing most of the time unless of course I get a lazy day that I can't be assed doing anything
    My Instagram xnicolex1988

If I could present as the girl within, I'd so be doing that right now. In due time

With the agreement my wife and I have in place right now, I'm not able to fully dress, without risking many years of work and progress.
    As of today, I only own underwear from the women's department, go twice a month for mani/pedi with clear gel, wax underarms and legs, and use feminine smelling soaps and deodorant. This is all the limit of what she can support right now, and I am not willing to risk the years it took to get to this.
    The line keeps slowly moving in the right direction, and hopefully will get to a place soon where this list grows longer in what is supportable.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Interesting that u didn't inquire about our time spent dressing to any degree, Nicole. Just drab or to the 9's?

Except for the trans here, many CD's consider underdressing or throwing on pantyhose, a bra, or forms to be "dressing"!

But, to answer your OP? I only dress all the way anymore or, don't bother. That's about once a week on average.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

drab, drag or fab? perhaps?

90% drag, 9% fab 1% drab
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Aspiring Member
    Hi Nicole

Sadly, I don’t get to dress right up to the nines. I have a beard and am closeted in a DADT situation. So dressing is a bit limited. I don’t use makeup at all.

However, I do manage to underdress quite regularly for up to a couple of hours when my SO is out and about and I have the house to myself – probably a total of ten hours a week. Usually bra, home-made forms, slip and maybe tights. Also dress the same on some dog walks.

About three of four times a week, like right now, I dress for fully with top, skirt, heels and wig, or a lovely blue lace dress I have just bought (photo soon). Total about 8 hours a week.

I can dress a bit more and have the run of the house if the SO goes away for a few days usually four or five times a year, for a few days. Also I sometimes take our RV away and can dress/underdress more.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

In all practicality about seventy percent full female.

I have to work for a living and this means some sacrifice. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    I'm always in femminin attire. The only exception is family funerals or weddings in the family. The only difference at work is no wig. Nails are always buffed and clear coated.necklace and studs or small hoops and clear lip gloss. Thats drab for me.

I prefer doing the whole works, but I'm like you on lazy days. Sometimes I don't spend the time on makeup, especially when I've just bought something new and I'm anxious to try it on.

I am like you; about 90% of a typical week is spent en femme. This week, for instance, I was en femme beginning on Sunday afternoon. Monday I stayed home as weather was bad. On Tue. I met a friend for coffee and went to Trader Joes. On Wed. I ran some errands and did some shopping at Target. Late Wed. afternoon I had to go drab as had to pick
    up g'kids and go to choir practice. On Thu. I was en femme again as I had nails done, took car in for an oil change and did some Xmas shopping at a hardware store. Today (Fri.)
    I attended a safe driving class (en femme, of course). Tomorrow I will probably go grocery shopping.

As I have chosen not to be en femme around family and with choir friends, I have to spend a few hours each week drab.
    Hugs, Carole

Banned Read only
    I don't think of the attire so much as the behavior. That said, I'm en femme ALL the time except when at work (tough faking the hyper T but sometimes kinda fun... 😠 any FtM dudes here? ☺ )

Due to my living situation and family members I am not able to really get dressed up at all. If given the option I'd go all out though because like you said it gives off more of a femme feeling. Currently I can only paint my nails and dye my hair, and even that is a stretch.

I'm lucky this week and have not to my memory dressed in proper male clothing since last week!! I've done errands for groceries and gone for walks by the shore. I wish that this could be always the case.

When around the house I generally don't do the whole makeup, nails, etc thing. My wife and I have agreed that to pass I should dress appropriately, meaning most GGs don't dress to the 9s very often so I'm frequently in jeans skirt and blouse. Shoes sometimes. Wig and lipstick (I love the taste.) The other night my wife made a comment that I hadn't had a chance to dress in about 3 weeks so the next evening I did. She asked what prompted dressing and I told her that her comment the night before. She was pleased that I got the chance.

I can't imagine any possible reason why anyone would ever want to dress "drab".

For me I spend most of my time in drab. I love dressing but often there is not adequate time to enjoy since I leave for work at 6 am and get home after 8 pm. I will dress for a few hours on the weekend when I can. If my wife and I are at home on Saturday night I will often get dressed, no makeup, and the sleep in my breast forms overnight.

Daniella Argento
    I am an all or nothing girl...

I'm either dressed as all female or all male. When wearing girl stuff, it's a whole outfit, usually with a watch, necklace/choker, wig and shoes (though, mostly flats, as arthritis has kicked my butt and the legs can't handle the heels anymore). Whenever I know I'm going to be home for more than a few hours, I change into all female attire (I don't own any female slacks or shorts, so it's always a dress or skirt). It just feels better. I sleep in girl pajamas, or whatever I'm wearing if I doze off on the couch. so I'd say I'm wearing girl clothes about 80% of the time. It's just that I wouldn't term it 'fab'. They're just normal girl clothes, rarely anything fancy like what you see in my avatar pics, those dresses only come out a few times a year.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I think you are asking when we dress, do we go 100% female or some lesser percentage. When I dress, I always mess as the complete feminine me. I always wear all the makeup, all the padding and all the clothes. How dressy I am, depends. If I'm lucky I can dress for a few hours twice a week during the cool and cold months.
    Please call me Lisa!