Thread: One of you definitely owned it

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar

One of you definitely owned it

I came in to work this morning (I work at a VF Outlet store, which is not as awesome as it sounds, believe it or not). My co- worker who I posted about last week immediately pulled me aside and told me she HAD to tell me what happened to her on Monday. Apparently a CD came into the store in drab, walked up to her with a pic from the VF website pulled up, looking for a specific panty. My co-worker asked her what size she needed and whether or not she wanted the matching bra, and if she knew what size was needed. The CD confidently told her that yes she knew what size because it was for her! My co-worker thought it was cool that she owned it instead of trying to hide it. Given that I told her last week about my own CD side, she thought I would appreciate knowing.

So, as that conversation was wrapping up, one of the managers walked into the back where we were unloading boxes of new products. We immediately got quiet. She commented how excited she was that we got a new shipment of 1.97 panties in.... then looked at me and said, " I guess you wouldn't have any reason to be excited about that, sorry, it's a woman thing I guess." My co-worker just gave me a quick smile and we went back to work.... and both started laughing as soon as the manager left. If only she knew!

That is funny. Glad you have a friend in your coworker.

Gold Member
    It still must like working in a candy store, and being on a diet.
    Great story.
    Rader

Allison,

That would have been awesome. Congrats.

@--}----
    Michelle

Banned Read only
    Allison,
    I think you missed your chance there, you could have answered that all employees need to know the products they sell intimately !

Cute story, Allison. Thanks for sharing. It would be fun to have such a co-worker to keep your secret confidentially.
    Di

Oh wow that's funny.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

I thank the best part is you have a reliable confidant in your friend there.

Working in womens wear can be fun especially if you get asked by another person about your same age to help her fit a bra.

A couple of male friends of mine had this enviable position in a store they worked in.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yes great story and sounds like a nice work place .

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allison Chaynes View Post
    (I work at a VF Outlet store, which is not as awesome as it sounds, believe it or not)
    I think you just told me what my dream retirement job will be.

Vanity Fair
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I've always been told by SA that they are happy that I've owned up to dressing. It helps them help me, and they seem to enjoy that. It's wonderful that you have a confidant.
    Please call me Lisa!

Banned Read only
    What kind of panty are the $1.97?

Banned Read only
    Sounds like from all of the above threads that a lot of women do not have a problem with CD's or men wearing fem clothes.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Stephanie- it's an off brand of control type panty. I'm not really a fan personally. What I do like is that we have racks of $7.97 jeans.... when I can find my size.

Deebra- it depends. Most of my coworkers don't seem to care but there are a few teenagers who I think would probably laugh and have an issue after the customer left. I know the managers simply see sale opportunities.

Carla- the 20% discount is nice

Reality Check
    I think you should tell your manager that you would do a lot better selling panties if you tried them on so you knew what you were talking about. And bras too.

OK wait... panties for $1.97?.... that hit me after I read & left this post... got to go to a VF Outlet now...

Jamie
    At the makeup counter