I know this may seem like a cliche topic and there may be other threads devoted to subjects like this, but I am wondering what tips would you give to cd who is working up the determination to go out shopping for the first time?

While I'm not new to shopping online, it often this leads to higher costs and headaches of getting something the wrong size.
I have been out dressed before in an accepting dark nightclub, but never in a place where people might get uncomfortable. This makes me somewhat nervous.

While I know I will never completely pass, I would like to be able to just blend in as much possible and feel comfortable shopping in the woman's section. While I know wearing 6-inch heels and thigh-his would get some looks, they are not necessarily the looks I want lol, so I know I need to wear something more casual. Any suggestions on what to wear, tips on trying to blend in? Makeup, accessories, mannerisms to adopt or avoid?

Important : Changing rooms. When they are not unisex, where do you try on clothes?