Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First time shopper tips?

Chrissy Lynn Thomas
    For years I ordered things on-line. If I liked how it looked on the model then it would be fine for me. At first that worked out well, or so I thought. Then in early 2008 I decided that it was time to just be me and part of me was being a cross dresser. So I went shopping and found the key was be confident (or at least fake it). The sales associates normally don’t really care as long as they get a sell. Some times they do ask “who are you shopping for”? The first few times I was a bet hesitant to answer honestly but after a few shopping trips I was able to say “me”. That paid off as they helped me shop for me. Something’s no matter how much we like them won’t look good on us. In the beginning of this I said it all worked out well, I was wrong. It is just building confidence. The one store that I have always had good luck in is Lane Bryant as they do cater to our community. If you want to try things on they prefer that you call ahead and ask for an appointment. They will have a SA set up and will help you pick the right size and you will be able to try things on. Normally the store is closed so you will not have the awkward looks.

As for should what you should wear I think the advice that you have gotten hear is pretty good. If you are going to go dressed wear something that you are comfortable in and is easy to change in and out of with ease. However if you are not comfortable wearing female clothing out, don’t. It is easy to be read and do understand that people who do not understand much about cross dressers may be mean.

I love the stores with self check out.

I bought cosmetics yesterday and panties today in drab nad didn't have to look a casheer in the eyes.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Tanya, I would encourage you to go SHOP ! Based on your Avatar photo you would blend in very nicely and nobody would even notice you except how nice looking you were. I had the same fears as you. Then I decided to just do it. I got made-up as best I could, went to the mall, walked in and took what would come. You know what....nobody cared. I walked around the mall for over an hour. Not one person noticed me as anything other than just another shopper. You can do the same. I know it. But be careful. The problem now is that, now that I feel comfortable shopping in my Fem attire, I expect my AmEx bill is going to increase exponentially. Just a hunch but I think women's shopping gets more expensive than men's shopping. Have fun on your shopping outing on 01/08. Looking forward to hearing what great items you were able to pick up.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Sorry to respond again so quickly but I wanted to add these tips. The outward appearance with clothes. wig, makeup, etc I don't think is as important as your physical presentation. When I just had my first excursion into a mall I made the same mistakes many of us have made. I held my head down. I walked with my shoulders tight. I didn't make eye contact with anyone. This is the exact opposite tact to take. If you do these things you will get noticed. Once I had my confidence I began walking with an erect posture, chest out, shoulders relaxed, and my chin held up. Though it was uncomfortable, because I felt I was exposing myself more, it actually made me more able to blend in. After I started presenting myself like a true gg in physical presentation I got more confident and never had anyone look or stare at the mall. So, Tanya, it looks like you have the appearance to pull it off. Just remember to be confident and present yourself as a woman in stature. You will have a GREAT time.

Dressed in drab, I shopped an all-female mall store in suburban Vegas yesterday. I'd browsed the store the day before and wanted to try on a dress and some leggings but didn't have the courage. Yesterday I asked the girl "Will anyone freak out I use the fitting room?" She checked with her manager and said "We don't discriminate." Store was slow and I shared CD pics with the fitting room girl and her hot manager, who complemented my style, and said she sometimes to go to drag shows. If it wasn't my last day in town I would have asked her out.

Courtney, I too shoped at wal mart for my first few items. A few leggings in particular. They had some good deals for me as I start my new wardrobe. I tried on the leggings for the first time in the fitting. Tried to sizes....when finished, I came out and the lady wanted to take what I didn't want. When she saw that is was leggings....she looked puzzled. I said that one didn't fit well but these fit amazingly to the form of my body.

I smiled and went away.

Confidence is key. Don't be apologetic about who are. That's what I'm learning.

Xoxoxox

Janet.

femme is best..but i just gave it up..too much of a time drain...my biggest reason was selfishness though as i refused to go there...now i drab shop for her and my daughter...i never had a bad moment in full femme mode...but i did whats best for her and my daughter...you know it actually is best..i love womens fashion and i love buying clothes for them..and i dont miss the hassel of getting ready..there is a reason GG's wear sweat pants to the mall..its comfortable and who has the damn time for a full prep anyhow...if your single with zilch family go out fully and have fun..