Thread: does anyone have friends that crossdress is that a norm

does anyone have friends that crossdress is that a norm

Hey all my name is miranda and I am new here and just learning more about what I have done for over 30 years I have recently been discovered by my girlfriend she came home early and I had taken the day off to have some me time so now Im out and it feels great. No girlfriend as of now but she said my secret is safe and she needs some time to take in this new methat is the always been me my question is does anyone live the double life and have friends that dress as well or do we just keep to ourselves and our SO I dont think im ready to tell family and friends

I typically only fully dress at home, and sometimes underdress in public. I also try on dresses, lingerie and shoes in stores, have had full makeup put on by a makeup artist a few times and occasionally get my nails done in a nail salon. The only people who are aware I dress are my wife and a handful of people I deal with regularly as part of that side of me. That includes a few SA's I have dealt with multiple times and the woman who is teaching me to sew dresses.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Miranda, welcome to the forum. Yes I have some friends that rossdress, but they have moved away now. I have other friends I haven't met yet on sites like this but I'm hoping to someday. Sorry to hear about your girlfriend but if she needs time to think then let her have it. I've been doing this for. 50 years now so its been a long hard run. I live entirely as female now 98% of the time. Family knows and some friends do also. I am happier now then ever before. My wife left 2 years ago, we still see each other once a month for 3 to 4 days. Life goes on you know. Well enjoy yourself here and take care

Thank you for you reply

Yes I have friends that are cross dressers. We go out to clubs walk around in the summer months and we date each other.

The first person I told when I decided to do this was a cd friend I'd had for sometime. So I do now. That being said, she's been doing this for years on her own.

Even though we both have entirely different goals and reasons for cd, it is sooo nice to talk about things no one else will understand.

It's definitely nice to have friends to talk about that nobody understands. Or they might have an understanding but they don't know what we're really going through.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

I have four CD friends that I go out with, usually 1-2x a month and not always with all four. Beats a day at home by yourself. Sometimes my wife joins us. Everyone is on the same level so it's just a natural time.

Have you tried googling TG support groups in Rapid City or Sioux Falls? You could meet people through there.
    Reine

Hi Just Me, That is why I always let the women I was with that I cross dressed . It save a lot of explaning an drink cost. JO

Before I was married There were other dressers in my life, usually friends of others and we would be introduced on occasions.

Mostly I had an entourage of girls and we would meet others who were organised socially like me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am fully out to my wife, but not to anyone else we know. She also lets me go out with her partially dressed sometimes. We have friends that are gay and friends that are transgender, but no one who is a crossdresser per se. I am also not out to my wife's gay and trans friends. That is per her request. They know me as a guy who is not particularly macho, but not overtly feminine either.

My wife's primary concern is she does not want to see me ever get mistreated. She kind of manages my slow metamorphosis and slow coming out. This is a journey for both of us, and we are on it, taking our time and enjoying it together.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I am a closet dresser. But, I get out a lot. Meeting T's, CD's, and friends/admirers at clubs and events around the country. Many of them r also closet dressers. We dress at home or at T friendly venues for away from where we live.

Last nite was Tgirl nite at Mary's in Long Beach, SoCal. Maybe 550 folks there? Mostly dressers. Including a couple of guys that were quite taken with Sherry. Even tho I'm straight, it was very flattering!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't know why some make this out to be some sort of rocket science. Yes, everyone can and should have friends. And yes, some of those might be trans. Frankly, friendships take things to another level in terms of fulfillment.

The million dollar question seems to be how this meshes with "his" circle of friends. Keep it simple. Think of a Venn diagram and you can keep the two circles completely apart, overlap partially or overlap entirely. It is really that simple.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

If you're not comfortable with going out, having some virtual friends is great. Chat with some girls from this site for example.
    If you are completely comfortable with going out, there is nothing better than friends in the RW. A girls night out does wonders for the soul.

I do have CD friends. It is lots of fun going out together shopping to lunch or whatever. I am sure people who see us think what a bunch of silly women