Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's your role model?

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    When I was younger I would have said Doris Day or Shirley McLaine. Today I'd say Diane Keaton or Jane Seymour.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    Is she a GG?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

No she is a fully out trans woman!

I too follow Caitlyn Jenner. Don't agree with everything, but she has helped with opening my wife's eyes on another transgendered person.

Clara Oswald, what a woman and what a sense of style.

I always look for someone close to my look in order to get a realistic chance of reaching the look
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I cannot say I have a role model, but I have found guidance from the posts of you all on this site.

When I was younger, it was Nancy from "The Craft", Madonna, and Kat Bjelland from the band "Babes in Toyland" (still my avatar). Now, it's the unnamed Crone who lives simply and is in harmony with the Universe. As for men, I try and emulate Tennessee Williams.

KKat
    When a beast is hurt it roars in incomprehension.
    When a bird is hurt it huddles in its nest.
    But when a man is hurt,
    he makes himself an expert.
    --Tony Hoagland, "When Dean Young Talks About Wine"

Stevie Nicks. Is there a song better than "Leather and Lace" to sum me up?

To me it's probably Charlize Theron. I just love her look and style. She's very feminine but can still totally kick ass like in Mad Max. Yet I definitely prefer her as she is, feminine. Seeing her makes me wanna dress up

cz4.jpg

Aspiring Member
    This Woman dancing here, I can dance the same song exactly like her, take a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL3n...=RDIL3nCRBvIDE
    Mamta Kulkarni

Silver Member
    Not for a specific look, but my newest hero is Jaden Smith, 17 year old son of William Smith. I recently found pictures of him modelling dresses and going to school in skirts. His sister reportedly borrows clothes from him. He is a true original, one who dresses to suit his own tastes regardless of the opinions he might face. Which, by the way, appear to be overwhelminglying positive anyway. I truly hope he represents a future where whatever one puts on is "Not a big deal" to anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Rushing View Post
    The fact is that the majority of GG's are slobs.
    I don't think that's entirely true, but unfortunately many women insist that how they look shouldn't be what men focus on. So they don't bother.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 01-09-2016 at 10:19 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Robin Wright (the actress) as in House of Cards does it for me very time. Has anyone noticed how broad her shoulders are?!
    Julia

There's a lot of reference...the most importante for me Faye Dunaway.

In France we have Audrey Tautou or Eva Green...and maybe the best of the best...

Sophie Marceau

Sophie-Marceau.jpg

Hmm, I would pick Liv Tyler for myself.

She's has a slightly longer face, yet very delicate, feminine, mysterious and beautifull.
    Yet at the same time I can't place her in a batch of ladies and say she'd look similar to them.

I sadly can't pull off her pointy chin, but there's several features I might get away with if I try hard enough

Banned Read only
    I can totally see you pulling off that look in girl mode Tara, seriuosly!

It was unconscious but when I was 11-12 years old my role models were Playmates like Nancy Scott, China Lee, Terri Kimball, Donna Michelle, Astrid Schulz, and Cavalier model Lydia Slone.

She came along too late- I was in my mid-30s by then- but Playmate Pamela Saunders would have been a role model for me if I had seen her as a young boy.

Claire Underwood... and Marilyn Monroe
    Tina

Tina. Yes!
    We seem to be in a minority, though. I cannot understand why.

My idea of beauty and style is Christy Brinkley, Heather Thomas (Jody from The Fall Guy), and for classy brunette - Stephanie Powers from Hart To Hart. Lynda Carter for black hair.
    Hugs, Ellen

I don't have a role model as far as personality, although I sorta love RuPaul (as cliche as that sounds). But I LOVE these ladies for style and attitude! What can I say? I love buxom latina/brunettes!

sofia-vergara-skincare.jpglyndacarter.jpgLeah Remini.jpg

Like Krisi, I don't really have a role model. I prefer being myself, trying to look as soft and feminine as I can. But if push came to shove and I was forced to give a role model I would say Jane Fonda. She looks good and always acts just so classy.

I suppose my role model would be another CD known as Monica (whom I am only familiar with from her tumblr account). For me, she personifies elegance, femininity and class. She has a deep interest in vintage clothing and she is still quite stunning in more contemporary fashion as well. I wish I had half her clothing budget!

tumblr_o4rtwnpPqH1v61tsto1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o4fd4lHBtx1v61tsto1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o1itrkCbGh1v61tsto1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o1wmlqGJ3K1v61tsto1_1280.jpg
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard