I had to travel for a conference in California, and unfortunately got to take the red eye in, resulting in a midnight check in to my hotel...on top of being on the second floor (across from two noisy families) and by the elevator! But the good news was I got to spend two whole days as Jenny!

Saturday started with a shower, shave and makeup. I wanted to visit one of the local museums, and I wanted to dress up, but it was cold (seriously California, stop being cold!). But I came prepared...leggings, a scarf and a cute hat! The cold will not stop me from wearing a dress!

ClamShot.jpg

The museum was great. It was staffed by a lot of older folks and fairly empty, so I got peruse and snap some selfies as I went along. Loads of fun! Across the street was a little greasy spoon restaurant, so I went in for brunch. The servers were nice, and the portions were large, which helped since I skipped breakfast (I'm not fast enough at makeup yet). While I was sitting there, an older man carrying a bouquet of flowers offered to sell me a rose...which I politely declined, but it made me blush just a bit

I looked at my pictures and realized my brows were rather gnarly. I've had them threaded before, but in guy mode, so they don't get arched. Well, a Yelp search later, I walked into a threading shop, and a nice Indian lady threaded my brows into a much girlier shape!

NewBrows.jpg

Then it was time for some shopping! I checked out the local goodwill and scored a nice dress for 5 bucks. I then stopped by the mall searching for clip on earrings, since I managed to leave the bag with my earrings and rings at home (drat!). But alas, good clip-ons are no where to be found in the Bay Area . I did get some converters and two sets, but I broke one and the other one, while cute, hurts my ears. At some point I'll get my ears pierced, someday.

I also hit up Ross, because it might be my favorite store ever. I could camp out in a Ross. I found an awesome sweater and a cute Sunday dress. After shopping, it was time for sushi, since it's easy to eat without messing up my lipstick. After sushi, I was exhausted. I went back to the hotel and passed out.

The next day I decided to celebrate the Christmas season by wearing red.

TheDressShot.jpg

I did a better job on the makeup, and the red dress made me feel sexy. So why not head to a sexy place for brunch...like IHOP! Yes, IHOP. What can I say, the omelettes are just awesome! I did draw some male stares in the chest area...which I don't blame them, I had good boob-age going on too.

Then it was...more shopping! The mall was way crowded. And that's when I realized I was the lady in the red dress from the Matrix.

Yup. That was me, minus the hair, and my dress has a back. I didn't see Mr. Smith pull out a gun on anyone, but I felt like a million bucks. None of the kids stared at me, which is always good, since kids have no impulse control. Every kid I walked by made me feel even more confident. I even summed up the courage to wave at some of the toddlers that were wandering around while I was shoe shopping.

I wanted to do more dress shopping, but that's hard to do in a dress. So I went home and changed...into jeans!

Sweater.jpg

Not as cute as a dress, but I did add the bow. By the way, why don't more stores sell bows and cute stuff for your hair? Seriously!

I hit up Savers and found a set of Mary Janes for 10 bucks! Score! And they're comfortable! I also got some t-shirts, cardigans, and a slip. Across the street was a Chinese restaurant, where the server told me I had cute boots After dinner I made one last stop at MAC. I needed lipstick that didn't press off on everything, so I picked up two of their matte lipsticks.

Exhausted, I headed home.

Sweater2.jpg

I learned a lot too:
- Nail glue in your purse is a must!
- People seriously don't care. I think 99% of the folks I walked by thought I was a girl without a second thought.
- I need to pierce my ears.
- Don't forget sunglasses or water!
- If you don't go out shopping, you miss some of the best parts of being a girl!