Thread: Adventures in weekend shopping!

Talking Adventures in weekend shopping!

I had to travel for a conference in California, and unfortunately got to take the red eye in, resulting in a midnight check in to my hotel...on top of being on the second floor (across from two noisy families) and by the elevator! But the good news was I got to spend two whole days as Jenny!

Saturday started with a shower, shave and makeup. I wanted to visit one of the local museums, and I wanted to dress up, but it was cold (seriously California, stop being cold!). But I came prepared...leggings, a scarf and a cute hat! The cold will not stop me from wearing a dress!

ClamShot.jpg

The museum was great. It was staffed by a lot of older folks and fairly empty, so I got peruse and snap some selfies as I went along. Loads of fun! Across the street was a little greasy spoon restaurant, so I went in for brunch. The servers were nice, and the portions were large, which helped since I skipped breakfast (I'm not fast enough at makeup yet). While I was sitting there, an older man carrying a bouquet of flowers offered to sell me a rose...which I politely declined, but it made me blush just a bit

I looked at my pictures and realized my brows were rather gnarly. I've had them threaded before, but in guy mode, so they don't get arched. Well, a Yelp search later, I walked into a threading shop, and a nice Indian lady threaded my brows into a much girlier shape!

NewBrows.jpg

Then it was time for some shopping! I checked out the local goodwill and scored a nice dress for 5 bucks. I then stopped by the mall searching for clip on earrings, since I managed to leave the bag with my earrings and rings at home (drat!). But alas, good clip-ons are no where to be found in the Bay Area . I did get some converters and two sets, but I broke one and the other one, while cute, hurts my ears. At some point I'll get my ears pierced, someday.

I also hit up Ross, because it might be my favorite store ever. I could camp out in a Ross. I found an awesome sweater and a cute Sunday dress. After shopping, it was time for sushi, since it's easy to eat without messing up my lipstick. After sushi, I was exhausted. I went back to the hotel and passed out.

The next day I decided to celebrate the Christmas season by wearing red.

TheDressShot.jpg

I did a better job on the makeup, and the red dress made me feel sexy. So why not head to a sexy place for brunch...like IHOP! Yes, IHOP. What can I say, the omelettes are just awesome! I did draw some male stares in the chest area...which I don't blame them, I had good boob-age going on too.

Then it was...more shopping! The mall was way crowded. And that's when I realized I was the lady in the red dress from the Matrix.

Yup. That was me, minus the hair, and my dress has a back. I didn't see Mr. Smith pull out a gun on anyone, but I felt like a million bucks. None of the kids stared at me, which is always good, since kids have no impulse control. Every kid I walked by made me feel even more confident. I even summed up the courage to wave at some of the toddlers that were wandering around while I was shoe shopping.

I wanted to do more dress shopping, but that's hard to do in a dress. So I went home and changed...into jeans!

Sweater.jpg

Not as cute as a dress, but I did add the bow. By the way, why don't more stores sell bows and cute stuff for your hair? Seriously!

I hit up Savers and found a set of Mary Janes for 10 bucks! Score! And they're comfortable! I also got some t-shirts, cardigans, and a slip. Across the street was a Chinese restaurant, where the server told me I had cute boots After dinner I made one last stop at MAC. I needed lipstick that didn't press off on everything, so I picked up two of their matte lipsticks.

Exhausted, I headed home.

Sweater2.jpg

I learned a lot too:
    - Nail glue in your purse is a must!
    - People seriously don't care. I think 99% of the folks I walked by thought I was a girl without a second thought.
    - I need to pierce my ears.
    - Don't forget sunglasses or water!
    - If you don't go out shopping, you miss some of the best parts of being a girl!

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferYager View Post
    .............................- I need to pierce my ears.................
    You won't regret it. Thanks for sharing your story, it sounded like you had fun; which is what it is all about.
    Dana Ryan

Sounds like you had a great time. I like the red dress. Thanks for sharing Jennifer

That sounds like an amazing adventure Jenny. The red dress is beautiful.

Aly
    Getting to know myself in a dress and heels again!

Aspiring Member
    Glad you enjoyed yourself jennifer sounds like terrific weekend. Thanks for sharing and great pics. Love the red dress.

I agree Dana, I just need the time where I'm not at work so that they can heal. Work doesn't care if they are pierced, just that I can't wear earrings at work.

Great post - really like the red dress - you wear it well

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    What a great adventure! Love the red dress

Sounds like a great time, LOVE THE DRESS

Hi Jennifer I am addicted to going out shopping and doing my everyday running around as Julie, I dress to blend in not to much make up during the day , most of the time I don't notice any sideways looks ,I'm sure we are read more than we know but being out in the real world going through the dress racks is as good as it gets ,
    Thanks for your post
    Julie

Awesome adventure, Jennifer. Love the pic with the red dress. Thanks for sharing.

Funny you should mention "The Matrix." Before Hugo Weaving was Agent Smith, he was a drag queen in "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert."
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

No way! Nice connection find Carly!

I join the chorus: I like your red dress.

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us! What a great time you had, and as all the others have said, the red dress is a winner!!!!
    Di

I must add my comments as well. That dress was made for you. So pretty. Yes, I can imagine people looking at you and thinking "girl" without looking for the little flaws that we think are so glaring. Again, very pretty.