Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skirts or Trousers (pants)

Reality Check
    This is a tired old argument and it's been beaten to death. You have a right to wear whatever you want as long as it's not offensive, but others, even genetic women, have the same rights. "Trousers" (pants) have several advantages over skirts or dresses and if women choose to wear them, that's their right.

You have the right to complain about it, but it's unlikely to get you anywhere.

I prefer dresses

What a critical and judgemental bunch. I was only expressing my opinion, not dictating or directing anyone to any preference. Guess some just want to vent their spleen, and pick words out of context just to make a petty point. The subject was just simply skirts/dresses or pants, not a diatribe about rights, obligations or complaints about GG preferences. Dont know if its just plain bitterness and bitchiness, but thanks for making me feel unwelcome and unwanted.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-08-2015 at 02:50 PM. Reason: be nice.

I love skirts , but wear women's pants a lot , as long as they are unmistakably women's I go out in the real world and dress for where I am going ,I have started wearing leggings and a long sweater with boots now it colder for my thrift shop outings
    If I'm going to mall during the week I may wear a skirt with tights ,as I may have come from there office look

My SO only wears dresses I haven't seen her in pants for years ,she is curvy and finds dresses are comfortable ,

Quote Originally Posted by Skirtgirl View Post
    As Lesley I always wear skirts and dresses, with tights and heels. If I were a GG I would wear skirts all the time. I do not understand why GGs claim they are uncomfortable or impractical, and I get frustrated when a GG wears trousers most of the time, as it is as if they are stealing my "rights". If I wanted to wear trousers as Lesley I would simply dress as a man, and nothing beats being in a smart pencil or fit and flare skirt when out as Lesley. Some girls on this site refer to wearing denims or dressing in ladies trousers. Am I alone in not bring remotely interested in this?
    I'm sorry you feel unwelcome and unwanted, but your remark about rights is a little confusing. From how it is written, it sounds like you are saying that women wearing trousers steals your rights to wear skirts.
    What I think you meant to say was that you feel jealous of women being able to wear skirts when you can't and you feel that when they wear pants they're not taking advantage of their privilege. While the frustration is a bit understandable, people can wear what they want.

Skirts do come with some drawbacks: they have no pockets and aren't that warm. Plus, you have to be careful how you sit with them. They're nice and breezy during the hotter months, and they can be comfortable in certain styles, but not every girl wants to wear skirts. My mom was never a skirt girl. She hated the color pink. Jeans were and are her peferred style.

As for me, I like both cargo pants and skirts. I have two styles I go to, and when I'm trying to be more of a tomboy, I avoid skirts. My style isn't for everyone though. Some CDers will only wear frilly stuff and poofy skirts. Not my bag of tea, but to each their own, right?

Leslie, don't feel unwelcome or unwanted. It isn't that at all. But complaining that "women get to and I don't" gets thin here. Your point is Skirts or slacks. Simple enough. Just don't drag GGs into the mix
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Aspiring Member
    Simple answer. Skirts dresses or long tunic or sweater dress when I don't want to tuck. Nice pants, jeans or leggings when I do.

I love wearing skirts especially leather skirts but I am thinking of adding wet look leggings to my wardrobe.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    No one loves a cute skirt or a pretty dress than me, but you have to admit they're a horrible choice is you're going skiing or hiking. I usually wear a skirt or a dress to work, and if we're staying home that evening, usually I don't change.
    Last edited by MarciManseau; 12-23-2015 at 08:31 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

I prefer to wear what the moment fits...around the house very casual jeans and a nice sweater or top, going out to dinner dress to the nines with a nice skirt and top or a dress

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I mostly wear pants...aka leggings, all kinds..solids & prints or leather hot pants, shiny wet look leggings, skinny jeans, even god forbid SWEATPANTS etc....and here is why...in the real world when I wear pants instead of a skirt, it draws less attention, ( my hair draws enough) so as far as blending in I will keep it toned down...if its a CD type of event SOMETIMES I will wear a skirt (I actually get made fun of if I actually put one on because its SUCH a rare sighting LOL)...but usually I will still wear leggings...WHY? Cause at a CD event I am sticking out like a sore thumb in leggings cause EVERY girl is wearing either a skirt or a sequin dress with full sleeves. Dont get we wrong I love skirts too...and I get why gals go gaga for them when they have a chance to get their "girl on" but for the most part they are not for me, they are for special occasions only for when I feel like dropping jaws. xoxo

skirt+leggings in winter for me - let everyone choose, my SO says its about warmth, i just can't see a way back into pants anytime soon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

When I am male, I dress male. When I'm Dana, I dress female and that is skirts or dresses. It is winter. sometimes I wear a skirt with leggings and boot or a boot with heels. But I will wear my fem jeans if the wind is strong and sometimes just for fun. But never wear my fem jeans in male mode.
    Part Time Girl

Here in Texas women wear skirts and dresses a lot. Jeans still predominate though. I prefer skirts and dresses, but if I really want to blend I wear jeans. However, all of my jeans are unmistakably feminine. Lots of bling, lots of embroidery, very Unmasculine colors, you get the idea.

Banned Read only
    Lesley,
    When you've worn drab trousers for most of your life you're bound to think like that , I do, but don't go upsetting others that think differently. I will admit there is no feeling like it and we should be freer to enjoy it !
    Then I have a confession to make, I was given a pair of tailored trousers, which are obviously women's because they have buttons and a side zip, they fit great and look stylish in heels ! Am I a convert , not really, my shaved legs like showing themselves too much !

Banned Read only
    L:

Remember that Rights are not a Zero Sum Construct. That women can wear dresses, skirts or pants has nothing to do with what you may or may not do. What you're complaining about is how Society at large has determined what is appropriate as a function of gender. Man and women are responsible for that, but women have chosen to push the envelope where men have not.

And yes, I do wear all 3 (individually, of course!). I went to breakfast with a group yesterday and wore a pair of the Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans. At a monthly GNO last night I wore a blazer and leather skirt. Horses for Courses...

DeeAnn

Right now generally when I am having Jamie time, I am in dresses (but love me my tights). But when I was getting ready for my adventure wanted an outfit that was girly but not overt and for that I went jeggings (although struggled with no front pockets).
    My wife and I were talking and I my start wearing yoga pants around the house. It is not so obvious that our son would notice. We are trying to find ways for me to have more time enjoying myself.

If I couldn't dress is skirts, dresses, tights, and heels I wouldn't bother dressing. While I think GG's should wear what they want, it's a shame more don't dress feminine. Dressing feminine is a beautiful thing.

I think if you are very tall like me what you wear has to be carefully considered I wear both when out skirt and flat shoes of slacks (ladies) and flat shoes. I f I wore heals of any height I think I might draw more attention to myself. I am 6' 7" so you can imagine 3" heals or more could be a problem. Tell me if you think I am wrong on this one.

Banned Read only
    b:

I think you are going to be noticed regardless of which shoes you wear. I wouldn't worry about it. By the way, I don't know your place of birth, but in the US a 95th percentile male is 6'-2". You are 'way out at the fringes anyway whether you wear heels or not.

DeeAnn

Always a skirt or dress with pantyhose and heels for me. Don't even own any pants.

I don't think gg's are stealing anything from you hun. Wear what you like as so will they,
    Angie

Skirtgirl,

No,you are not alone. For me, trousers are everyday male attire and when I'm CD-ing it's skirts & tights & pumps/courts and whatever else goes on top.

M.

I only have skirts and dresses. That is the essence for me of dressing - to attain feminine elegance.

But, now that I'm seeking to go out en femme during the daytime, other factors have come into play. So, I am looking to get girl jeans to pair with a tunic and winter boots to allow me to blend more easily. I would never have considered this until the desire to get out and about became more important.

Making this "compromise" will hopefully allow me to go more freely as a woman in the public domain. So a good trade-off from my ideal position.

Love, Michelle
    Last edited by Michelle Girl; 12-20-2015 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Repeated word.
    Michelle

Skirtgirl, I think it's the way you worded your post that's making many on here defensive. It makes it sound as if women should only be wearing skirts. They can say the same with us and jeans. Are we taking women's 'rights' to wear skirk/dress from them? I don't believe women should be once again be restricted to only skirts and dress. In today's world, pants are universal and are for all situations. Skirts and pants should be acceptable for everyone. And should be the individuals choice as to which they wear.

I think whether male or female, it's a right to wear whatever you feel comfortable with. I have skirts and jeans/trousers. I haven't worn skirts out in public, but jeans and trousers I wear quite often.