Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skirts or Trousers (pants)

Skirts or Trousers (pants)

As Lesley I always wear skirts and dresses, with tights and heels. If I were a GG I would wear skirts all the time. I do not understand why GGs claim they are uncomfortable or impractical, and I get frustrated when a GG wears trousers most of the time, as it is as if they are stealing my "rights". If I wanted to wear trousers as Lesley I would simply dress as a man, and nothing beats being in a smart pencil or fit and flare skirt when out as Lesley. Some girls on this site refer to wearing denims or dressing in ladies trousers. Am I alone in not bring remotely interested in this?

And in this Lesley-o-centric universe, why do you get to choose what you want to wear but women don't get to choose what they want to wear?

It really depends for me. I'm in comedy so I move around on stage a lot.

Banned Read only
    Written with all the objectivity of a crossdresser stuck in the crossdresser's lament.

Banned Read only
    Your "rights"? That's a baffling statement to say the least.

During the warmer months I wear shorts and skirts almost exclusively. But once the weather turns cold it's jeans.

What I don't understand is why you think it's any of your business what a person wears. My 16 years old daughter has never worn a skirt or dress. She's tried on a few but just didn't like them.

And yes, sometimes they are impractical. If it's ten degrees out and snowing who would wear a skirt?

I have great legs so no trousers for me when I'm tami joy but no choice for work other wise I be in dresses more often.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirtgirl View Post
    and I get frustrated when a GG wears trousers most of the time, as it is as if they are stealing my "rights".
    Who the hell are you to get "frustrated" at what anyone else wears? Especially when you are seemingly a person who wants to be able to wear what they want.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I love skirts myself but when I'm out dressed I prefer to blend more and sense many GGs don't wear skirts unless they are going to work then I don't wear mine often, except I do in summer months cause I do have nice ones.
    So in winter it's leggings or jeans for me

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I love my skirts and dresses. But I also love my fem jeans as well. And no, I can't wear the same sort of skin tight, "make's my butt show" skinny fem jeans while dressed as a guy. Well, okay, I could, but I choose not to. Ooooh how about my extra long Guess fem jeans with super nice curves that can only be worn with 3" heels? Nope, not gunna wear those while dressed as a guy. There is a time and a place for everything. And personally I'll be damnd to have anyone dictate what is and isn't acceptable for me to wear. And I supposed you would prefer the same?

Dunno about "rights" but I am rarely in pants these days. I go to work in skirts, (as a guy) went to the Christmas party last night in a skirt. (took it up a notch with dress shirt and tie, also skirt was low calf length) I do, in the colder weather, actually commute in a pair of windproof overpants, then change into a skirt when I get in. I could see myself enjoying wearing yoga pants, but for 2 issues. I haven't found any that fit me really well, and if they did fit well, umm, not quite the same for guys, is it? Could get around that by pairing them with a long shirt or tunic, but that kinda defeats the point of yoga pants from my point of view...
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

to wear or not to wear Dress or Skirts or trouser

Quote Originally Posted by Laurana View Post
    Your "rights"? That's a baffling statement to say the least.

During the warmer months I wear shorts and skirts almost exclusively. But once the weather turns cold it's jeans.

What I don't understand is why you think it's any of your business what a person wears. My 16 years old daughter has never worn a skirt or dress. She's tried on a few but just didn't like them.

And yes, sometimes they are impractical. If it's ten degrees out and snowing who would wear a skirt?
    ( QUOTE= Petra Frederic a 55 your right when winter is a pond us you dress for the seasons. No mater what unless you live with a underground garage. Then that different then wear what ever suit you. Petra

I wear Skirts and dresses almost exclusively . This is because I am trying to distract from the male appearance and skirts and dresses help maintain the illusion of femininity.
    That said nothing wrong with jeans and pants . I just do not have the shape for them with out looking male.

Hugs Annette
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

I concur with Nadine, I really love wearing the my dresses and skirts, but also enjoy my skinny fem jeans with hose and some awesome heels.

GG/SO of a CD
    As a GG who wears slacks to work daily, if you don't want me to tell you what you can and can't wear, you should give others the same respect. :/ I get frustrated by people who think it'd their RIGHT to be frustrated by what another human wears.

As a part time for pleasure crossdresser, I make up and dress over-the-top, and that means skirts and dresses and high heels. Never owned or wore pants or flats, never will. In guy mode, it's casual and comfortable. Who knows how I would dress if I were a GG, as I would be a different person. My best guess is dolled up when appropriate, but casual and comfortable otherwise. I'm thinking Capri pants and flip-flops, things I could never wear as a CDer.
    As for what others wear, that's their call.

Banned Read only
    Hey Skirtgirl/Lesley! No, you're not alone. What's sad here is that you expressed an opinion and asked if you were the only one to feel that way, and about half of the replies attacked you. This is why I rarely post anything, too many self-important jerks on here. Keep on wearing what you want, and keep on wondering why others don't, there's nothing wrong with that. I saw nothing in your post demanding that anyone else conforms to your tastes.

And I agree with you. If I was a GG, or if it was socially acceptable for a man, I'd wear skirts 90% of the time, and truly don't understand why more women don't. (Or why more men don't want to)

Take care and ignore the haters, you're better then them.

Aspiring Member
    The only time I wear pants is when I'm on the road working. Not to many truckers out their in skirt and dresses. But when I come home its into the shower and then a skirt or a dress or my favorite pair of skirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    And in this Lesley-o-centric universe, why do you get to choose what you want to wear but women don't get to choose what they want to wear?
    Sorry but I must agree with Jennie

No your not alone, your right on top of things,I guess we just have to suck it up.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Sounds stereotypical. Not all ggs wear skirts. I know alot then never do. Personally I prefer jeans myself, yet I hate mens jeans. As for anyone, I say wear what you like.
    Erica

Banned Read only
    I NEVER wear a dress or a skirt and honesty don't personally know many GGs who do. I had (have) a GG friend who really wants to see me in a pencil skirt, says I have great legs...maybe so but not gonna happen 😉

I used to wear dresses and skirts exclusively. However since I bought some proper fitting jeans i do enjoy wearing them occasionally but always with heels.
    I prefer skirts

I like wearing skirts around the house. However, when I go out I prefer my skinny fem jeans as it is easier to blend.

There are so many styles of women's pants out there that are absolutely wonderful. Anyone who eschews these is simply missing out on an essential fashion option. Just because your guy side is relegated to pants, those are NOTHING like pants which are designed to be worn by women.

Quote Originally Posted by Deane View Post
    Hey Skirtgirl/Lesley! No, you're not alone. What's sad here is that you expressed an opinion and asked if you were the only one to feel that way, and about half of the replies attacked you. This is why I rarely post anything, too many self-important jerks on here. Keep on wearing what you want, and keep on wondering why others don't, there's nothing wrong with that. I saw nothing in your post demanding that anyone else conforms to your tastes.

And I agree with you. If I was a GG, or if it was socially acceptable for a man, I'd wear skirts 90% of the time, and truly don't understand why more women don't. (Or why more men don't want to)

Take care and ignore the haters, you're better then them.
    Right, because we all know that it is a CD'ers right to project their sense of style (?) onto the entire female population.

Newsflash, men don't typically want to wear skirts because skirts are women's clothing and that is just not a place most dudes wish to go. All is good, letting the guys be the guys they are.

Newsflash, women have busy lives and don't typically want to run around in skirts to appease a handful of CD'ers out there who see fit to dictate what others wear. All is good, let them be who they are. After all, isn't that what most people in these pages want, to be able to express themselves in the manner they prefer?

Am I a hater? I'll leave that for you to decide. Contemplate this as you tell me where I am wrong.
    Last edited by Sara Jessica; 12-08-2015 at 08:01 AM.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I have more skirts and dresses. My only pair of jeans is a pair of flare bottoms. I love them. They are super comfy for lounging around the house.