Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skirts or Trousers (pants)

Silver Member
    I agree that Skirtgirl is being hypocritical and stereotyping others! CD's should know better than anyone, the outrage of others imposing their choice in clothes for others. I wear skirt and dresses only on occasion because they are less practical for how and where I dress. i would love to wear them more often but I would not impose my choice in clothing on another.

skirts, dresses, jeans, nothing showing above the knee in public.

Those that live in cold environments dress for comfort and warmth.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Basically, women were forbidden until recently to wear pants, so, for them, it has become a must-wear, a symbol of their freedoms.

Males are currently 'forbidden' to wear skirts.
    Hence your 'frustration'.
    Thankfully, rules are made to be broken. Stupid rules at last.

Im not really wild about the "skirt" I do however like the "kilt" which is sold across the pond the few sites that sell exclusive male and female kilts have very nice tartans and they would be suited for daily wear in any season. I do not wear skirts often only have 2, the rest are skorts.

I would wear skirts/kilts if they were more practical, ever seen a windy day and girls in dresses they tend go up, sitting. bending, stooping, kneeling tend to be challenging. The old knees dont go that far. My line of work i spend a lot time on ladders.

I dont mind womens pants i hate tiny pockets and have carry a satchel to hold my stuff.
    Last edited by MsMissy; 12-21-2015 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Mobile glitch

I have no wish to blend, preferring to exude my own style without worry. As such, I only wear skirts (mostly) and dresses (less frequently). I have long woollen skirts for the cold weather and they are stylish as well as cozy. Skirts with pockets were extremely common a few decades ago and were meant for daily wear.

I wouldn't wear anything but a skirt or a dress when I'm crossdressing because I wear leggings and skinny jeans in boy mode.

I understand why women like to wear pants a lot. It's simply easier (less clothing adjustments, don't have to worry about exposing herself, if weather isn't good she isn't cold, less costly because ruined hosiery is a frequent occurance), and, women also don't like being the target of unwanted attention so much. While we would all love to be hit on for sex, women don't; because nearly all of the time, it's from someone they aren't interested in having sex with. So, I 'get it'.
    Myself, I wear skirts or dresses because I like the constant visual and tactile feedback of them reinforcing the illusion that I am a girl; it just feels normal to me to dress that way.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

As you see there are others here of a similar opinion as you, me, I wear what is appropriate and comfortable.

Racing around the countryside climbing hills and trees does not go well in a skirt.

Shopping in the mall and having coffee makes the skirt and top the ideal casual choice.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A skirt without a.doubt

For me it's got be a skirt. My reasoning is that I spend most of my time in drab wearing jeans and trousers. Have tried wearing trousers when in girlie mode it just isn't the same for me. I love the way the skirt moves when I'm walking and also it shows off my legs.