Thread: Voice software?

Question Voice software?

Does anyone have a recommendation for software that would record your voice and tell you what the tones in it are? Preferably something free.

There is a package called "Pratt" that is free. It may do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula DAngelo View Post
    There is a package called "Pratt" that is free. It may do what you want.
    Great information Paula. I tried looking it up but its actually spelled Praat. Looks interesting.

I went to a voice coach. It wasn't expensive and really helpful!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Expensive is a relative term, those of us who feel guilty spending $40 on shoes will appreciate all the free help we can get

Reality Check
    Paying someone to teach you to speak as a woman is an "investment". Unlike a pair of shoes, it will last a lifetime. "Free" is usually worth just what you pay for it.

There is an iPhone app called "Tuner" that will give you tone feedback, but it won't do any kind of analysis etc.

I try to sing in the same timbre as Helen Shapiro, and she is my voice coach, as for software I have never searched for it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Paying someone to teach you to speak as a woman is an "investment". Unlike a pair of shoes, it will last a lifetime. "Free" is usually worth just what you pay for it.
    Il that kind of proves my point. For you, that 40$ is one of many. For me it is an investment. If I knew a place to get free shoes, you better believe I'd be checking them out. Obviously you'll get better results from something you pay for, but as the op mentioned that they were looking for something free... It's nice to see a free option. I can imagine that even for those with more money, being in a dadt relationship can cause budget concerns as well.

I use a chromatic guitar tuner

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I went to a speech therapist years ago and it would have been nice to have a program to help with my practice exercises. Actually it might be nice to go through some of my old info and practice a little now with a program.
    Dana Ryan