Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "OMG, I know that person!"

"OMG, I know that person!"

Has anyone gone shopping (en femme or en homme) for "girly things" and seen someone they know (that doesn't know about your 'other side)? Did they notice you? Did they say anything? Did they keep shopping?

I always buy my items in drab when I go out. I work at a big store that sells a lot of different things including women's apparel, and on my off time, I like to peruse the hosiery and see what deals I can get. No one I know has seen me, but once I saw a fellow coworker (on the clock) while I had thigh highs in my cart, I was a little worried, but I didn't know her well enough to care what she thought.

Just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone and if not, how would they handle the situation.

Mischa
    xoxo

Silver Member
    One of the daughters' girl friends. I was in drab and it was close to Christmas so no problem. She said hi and we talked. She did tell my daughter she had seen me.

So far its no for me. My luck seems to be holding. On the other hand, I really do not do much fem shopping.

Centuries ago, during the years when when my mother was in a nursing home, I did all of her shopping for clothes and never gave a second thought to who might encounter me with an armload of panties and nightgowns. Same now. People don't see and if they do, who cares?

Just last week I was just walking into the entrance of my local supermarket as Michelle and I turned the corner and there was my next door neighbor just coming out of the exit!!!!

Luckily he didn't spot me and I made a sharp turn and went the opposite direction!! Wow I really got away with that one!! it could have been a lot worse.

Happens all the time. I just start talking to them naturally and even though I may had makeup and a bra in my cart or holding a dress. No one ever said anything and haven't had any repercussions.

I was at the Gap the other day and ran into a friend of my wife's. It was not big deal. Even if she notice that the items I had were for a woman, her assumption would be it was for my wife.

Silver Member
    I think this is a fear many have - to be recognized and called-out by someone when they are buying some female item. Unless the person you run into is a close family member who does not know or disapproves of your dressing, no one is going to say anything and most will not notice or care about what you are buying.

I was afraid I would be outed on Black Friday or the Sunday after. So far, all my shopping is being done alone and I'm moving in two months to a different community and will come out as trans so I'll have no issues with being outed in stores.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Funny I was shopping for the wife today at Belk (yes she is making out like a bandit this year). I was looking at and picking out female clothing for her then went to wait in line not another man around . All the wemon cept turning around and looking at me like what are you doing here you don't belong. Paid for her goods then left who cares l didn't

I think as long as you remain confident in the 'en femme' role, people will not notice. Although I can usually spot the occasional sister in cd when out and about in London. However, 'we' are aware and would be more likely to notice. So if anybody (male) does spot the difference in you, they are probably into cd too! However, there must of been many times I didn't notice. Of course I would never ride the tube (subway) in cd, the proximity to other passengers allows too much close observation!

One day, I was in the Nine West store (now closed) in the South Shore Plaza as Adrienne when a woman from my office who knows me as a guy came in and was standing right next to me browsing!! I just continued doing my thing and eventually just walked out after I was finished....I didn't want to be identified by her and did not want to do anything to attract unwanted attention....the people in the store who knew me by name were not there, fortunately, as it might have been embarrassing if someone called me by name and she put 2 and 2 together!
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

awhile back i was in a target store looking at panties and bras ,and just as I left the dept -right in front of the entrance my wife and daughter walked in ! they asked what i was doing there and as poker faced as possible told them I was bra and panty shopping for me ! you could hear the woosh as it went over their heads or did ti ?

Aspiring Member
    Oh it has happened quite a few times but if I was asked I told them they were for me. They just said yeah right and that was it. Of course that was before I lived full time as female. But I never had a problem with it.

Came out of Victoria's Secret once with a big bag and their stood my mother in law.
    All I told her was Christmas time is secret time.

I found a great onsie for my wife online at forever 21, She gets cold easy and it was too cute to pass up. While there I found a great dress in the plus size area, hope it fits.
    Hmm... wonder if anyone saw me... meh, who cares!
    I'm starting to think I'm invisible, the SA at payless walked right past me and when it was time to check out she said she didn't even know I was in the store.
    Make it your goal to make someone smile every day!

Quote Originally Posted by phylis anne View Post
    awhile back i was in a target store....
    But the town isn't all that big. You're bound to run into someone you know in one of the big box stores. BTW, that store had some cute shoes on clearance 2 weeks ago.

Banned Read only
    Mischa,
    It happened to me just the other day.
    I was going through the racks in a charity shop, I had a blouse in one hand and a size 8 shoe in the other when a male voice behind me said hello T***** how are you ? He was a close neighbour of my son and I knew him through taking his wedding pictures. I didn't realise it but he was a volunteer SA in the shop. I said hello and then continued, " I suppose your wondering why I'm going through the women's racks, I was born with this problem and it's my way of dealing with it !". He stood back and said that's fine then added ," I play golf !" I just smiled and said, " There you go no one's perfect !" He took a couple of steps back gestured to the racks and said, " Feel free to look , no problem !"

I felt being honest was the best approach, he's less likely to make a thing of it ! It's better than nudge, nudge, wink, wink guess what I saw !!

I used to worry about this a lot. Now, I don't. Most of my neighbors have seen me dressed and it doesn't seem to matter. A couple of years ago I was in a kitchen store (en femme) looking for a Christmas present for my wife and my neighbor was there with her GG lunch group. So I said "Hi neighbor" (she knew about me) and told them what I was looking for. They were great in making suggestions ... and we had some laughs to boot.

Maybe i've been lucky, but i'm beginning to think that being outed is really not a big deal. (At least outside the workplace; being semi retired helps.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I've run into people I know a few times. I only shop in drab, that way I can have plausible deniability ("her birthday/Christmas is coming up") if needed. I ran into an ex co worker a couple months ago in Walmart with women's jeans, a bra and some sunglasses I found on clearance in my hands. We talked about how much we hated our old job, hugged and went our separate ways.

I think some of the anxiety depends on who you see and what potential repercussions there could be. If anyone in a current job saw me, I might be a little nervous, as I would with family or anyone who my wife knows from church or one of her friends. Otherwise, I could care less.

Once, almost 30 years ago I was in Macy's, browsing the lingerie dept; someone from work saw me and had that 'what are you doing there' look on her face. I quickly lit up and got into friendly conversation about a number of things, then excused myself saying that it was getting late and I really had to go. No repercussions that I know of, and she never mentioned it at work.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Make a general acknowledgement and chat as it s chance meeting, talk about the weather and let her wonder who all the frothy lingerie is for in my shopping cart. :-)

Years ago I have told the truth when asked and no one believed me.

They thought I had an amazing and lucky girlfriend who would wear all that gear I must have bought for her.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Shopping at Hudsons in Novi Michigan, now it is Macy's. I was in drab, caught my nephew, who is not married or has a girlfriend in checking out the panties. Boy was he embarrassed!!
    I wear mostly womens jeans and now on occasion womens tops. I don't care who sees what anymore. It is not worth worrying about. Heck, most of the time you can see my bra and cami strap outlines through my shirts and sometimes lace peeking out in the front if I have my shirt unbuttoned far enough. I was at work a few weeks ago sitting at my desk, it was a casual Friday, I wore a flannel (mens) but I was wearing a bra underneath. On of the guys stopped by my desk and we chatted a few minutes. When he went to walk away he asked if I like my shirt?????? I said yes, he walked away. When I looked down, one of the buttons was undone and you could see my bra. Nothing ever said. Do others there know? I really do not care.

I was buying panties at a box store out of town i told my now x GF who was fairly accepting about my dressing .She then told me that a female friend of hers who i had met a couple of times had seen me doing this .Of course i was a little worried and asked what she said to her friend .She told her i was buying them for her and that i have issues with doing that kind of shopping .As far as i know nothing else was ever said
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

A freind of my now EX wife saw me in the makeup aisle at the drug store and proceeded to tell her about seeing me, even though my wife did not approve, she told the lady I was just picking up stuff for her as a way to cover her embarrassment of the situation. Needless to say I got what would moderately be described as a severe butt chomping!!