Thread: shocking my SO

shocking my SO

I was wearing some trousers ("male pants" in American) earlier - to avoid worrying the plumber who was coming round. My wonderful SO was not only shocked, she felt a cognitive dissonance - "that does not compute, somehow it feels wrong" were her words. What a year of progress. :-) The leggings were back on again as soon as he left.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Aspiring Member
    Sounds like you have on special lady there. Thats great.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Pamela does!

I'm a plumber, among many other trades- perhaps you shouldn't be so hasty in your risk assessment...
    I used to have a short attention spa

I am curious as to why you felt the need to wear trousers just because a plumber was coming. I have had a plumber at my house twice and was totally en femme each time.
    Hugs, Carole

Having to be concerned with weirdos, I would probably have done the same thing. Safety concern in my eyes at this time.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

I sometimes get an uneasy feel from my wife when I do drab for the convenience of others.

She is so used to seeing me dressed in a skirt.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Since the plumber first saw me dressed a few months ago - a bit femininely - he's actively avoided contact etc, so clearly his own comfort and job-doing is better for the trousers.

I've noticed some people are okay, and others are very not okay, like one doctor i visited. For them to be able to stay professional and focussed, seems better to be in drab. I don't see it as a big issue, I get to dress most of the time. Sometimes we can selfishly feel its our right to dress, to present as we wish, and sometimes we get a better result if we pace the reality of the other person.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I had the same thing happen. I wore a male pair of Levi's and T shirt because my wife was out with a friend who had left her car parked out front, and when my wife got back and the friend left, my wife said, "I am not used to seeing you like that."
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Well I believe you did make it a more comfortable for him. i believe you made a good call.