Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you find it easier to comeout to a GG then man.

Do you find it easier to comeout to a GG then man.

I currently have 4 people I've come out to. All of them woman one my ex wife. Two of them full support me and help me work thru the process of being Jessica. My ex understands but does not want to meet Jessica for a very strange reason. At this point there is not a single man I could ever conceive coming out except another CDer. Am I alone in this? I think the issue is can't see the average guy understanding.

For the most part at this point yup! Could change though.

I can say that all the GGs I have come out to as trans have been supportive. A few have even offered advice o essentials, etc.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Banned Read only
    Absolutely easier (from my personal phsycological perspective at least...I think I feel less threatened by GGs and I'm joining your group, it's a good thing right?). That said though, I know several guys who have shared TG 'encounters' stories lately and are completely OK with it as well ☺

Since I dress full time, I'm out to everyone. On the other hand, I get more smiles from GG's along with comments like " I really like your nails". I get spontaneous hints for makeup and requests for hints from GG's.

Yes, definitely. I have never told a genetic male who wasn't a CD.
    Please call me Lisa!

I have never told a genetic male who I knew as a male that I was a CD.

I have told a bunch of gg's, some were OK with it but not the GF's, all the girls I was dating were not supportive.

It really depends on the person. I've told both men and women. More women. I have noticed that I prefer to be seen as male by the men, even after I've told them. But the gender of the person has no effect on the ease of disclosure. It's all about the personality of the one I'm telling, and their relationship to me.

I'm with you JessieA cause I know how my male friends an family members are so who would want to being heard all the name calling. So the only ones that know are my close female friends.

Definitely yes. The few guys I have come out to could take it or leave it, mostly the latter. On the other hand, as I've written in other posts, I treasure those GG's whom I've come out to and interact with. It is definitely easier for me to come out to a GG, maybe because they sense that I'd like to be one of them.
    Last edited by Claire Cook; 12-09-2015 at 06:44 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I would say definitely women, especially the younger ones. Women in general are more tolerant and understanding and the younger generation even more so. I have much more in common with women on an emotional and spiritual level than men. Of course this is a generalization as some women can be very close minded. But overall women by far.

you never know who is going to have a bad reaction. sometimes the most open person proves unaccepting, and the person you feel would be the worst turns out to be no problem at all. i'm not sure there's a logic to it. gg's generally being less threatening it's naturally easier to make a personal reveal anyway - it's what they do with eachother anyway.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    The only approving genetic male that I know of is a gay friend of my daughter. I've only directly disclosed to females.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Most definitely yes. Although i have never really announced who I was, where I live and work , etc, I have tried on dresses in stores - obviously for me and have been made comfortable by pleasant sales associates. Similarly, I have been "made" several times and have enjoyed conversations with female SAs as I purchased items of lingerie obviously in my size. Yesterday, I was buying some pantyhose and the SA looked at the size and just smiled.

I have came out to many people. I have a hard time with all, I am always afraid of the reaction. Told my best friend and his wife they both took it well, even though she thought I was joking. I don't know why she would think I was pulling her leg about it. Some people do not understand, some do. My wife took it well of course, that is not me being sarcastic. I have only had one woman offer to help me with anything. I know I have been talked about once I have left but I do not really care, that happens no matter what. So it really does not matter who I come out to it is hard. I expect the worst and hope for the best.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Yes - several women know about my softer side but only two men (my son and son in law)

Great Question!

I have shared my story with my closest friends and my wife and my brother. Four men and four women. The men and two of the three women have been completely supportive, all offering to spend time with me when I am ready. While my wife has been intellectually and spiritually supportive she has also been an emotional wreck. Six months in, she still can not stand the idea of me presenting as a woman in her presence EVER. Our relationship going forward continues to be a work in progress. The only person i have spent time with is a straight man and he has been very supportive

I am coming out slowly, so there will be more stories....

Peace,
    EvaLyn

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    The only other person other then my wife is another women so yeah I doubt I could tell a guy unless I knew he was a CD

Had one woman offer to help with shopping, dressing and make up. Five or six of my male friends know about my dressing, but they found out by themselves.
    I have met a number of male cder's, who we share every thing. I did dress for one woman, but that is far as it went with females.

Well, I came out to my wife who seemed to take it pretty normally; pretty upset and confused at first, but accepting. Came out to an old bandmate, who's a guy. He had recently come out as gay and was dating Someone who does drag shows. I also told my best friend of high school, who is also a guy, but only because he is ultra liberal and accepting of everyone. There are a number of guy friends I wouldn't come out to but not really worried about coming out to female friends if it ever came down to it. I think we feel like it's easier because we identify with them and we really just want girlfriends we can be girlfriends with. On the other hand, it could be dangerous that we think they will automatically identify with us. I just try to surround myself with open minded people.
    Last edited by Scarlett Viktoria; 12-09-2015 at 02:07 PM.

Reality Check
    I suppose I'm "out" to all the members here and most are probably male so in a sense I've come out to more males than females. So I'm "virtually" out.

In real life, only my wife knows so I've come out to more women (one) than men (none).

For me the only one who knows is my wife and my "family" here. But I've been sorting out who I would tell if/when the time comes and all three are women. Its a phycological thing in my head that thinks women would react more positive then men.
    The pictures and content in my posts are owned by me(aka Brooke B, aka BABS) and shall not be copied or reproduced without my authority, and not be used for any purpose or agenda that would be discriminating to my self statue.

Hi Jessie,

I absolutely do find it easier to confide in a woman rather than a man, at least when we have a personal relationship with the person.

Essentially, we're leaving the frat to join the sorority, after all. (^-^

To date, I have confessed to only a few people, but none of them are men.
    - Jacky ^_^/

Aspiring Member
    The first woman I dated after my divorce I told her the reason why but when I told her she didn't want to know why and even at this time the only thing I can I enjoy dressing as a woman and wearing makeup with perfume. We remained friends for a few years but that was twenty years ago. I did tell another one but it was a Don't ask don't tell relationship we have remained friends but I don't bring it up. She has no intention of seeing that side of me and respect that. It does get lonely at times and I have to remember to put feminine stuff away, I like to leave makeup out but am getting better about keeping it all hidden.

Banned Read only
    Jessie,
    I have come out to both but women are marginally easier, I have no problem talking about it and if possible showing them a picture.
    It's been surprising how men will open up when you come out to them, most people have some kind of problem and are often looking for the opportunity to talk about it.
    I'm not sure if it's because you're showing a weakness or a strength !