Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you find it easier to comeout to a GG then man.

Far, far , far easier! Most guys, especially in small towns and redneck areas, will not like it one bit, and might get verbally, or physical rough. I have only told a small number of men i know, one gay, and they were neutral. The women i have told, either were fairly accepting, or told me it was wrong No threats, except to tell others. And that hurts, too.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 12-09-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Yes, definitely. Wife, two of my four half-sisters and five close female friends. Some male friends and family have found out as a result and I haven't had any negative reactions there either, thankfully. I don't hide my crossdressing from anyone but neither do I make a big deal of it, and I've only ever dressed en-femme in company with my wife and one of those female friends.

Coming out to women would be far easier in my view, too, but even the apparently liberal women I know in my personal and professional circles might still react adversely and, for that reason, I keep it secret. The risk is too high.

If I were inadvertently outed, I'd always prefer that to be by a woman.

Love, Michelle
    Michelle

I do find it easier to reveal this side of me to a female but I have revealed or told two males about Megan. When I was going through my divorce, I needed someone I could tell the whole story too. So I chose a really good friend that had been through a bad divorce. I needed someone that could understand, I chose well. He told me it didn't make any difference and he'd still go fishing with me. I also revealed Megan to my brother about two months ago when he came knocking on my door. It was a little shock to him but he said no problem. It's been about 2 months and we are just fine, like we've always been.
    Last edited by Megan b; 12-10-2015 at 01:06 AM.

I've told around 7 women, no genetic males other than everyone in this forum who meets that definition. I would really worry about the reaction from other guys. I had two wonderful experiences with women who know recently... I showed them (separately) the one good picture I got from a recent self-shoot, and I mentioned that it was hard to be both the photographer and the model. One of them offered to take pictures for me - what a sweetheart! I told the other, my girlfriend from high school, that not a lot of people have seen Deedee and she said "Honestly - I'm honored."

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I've told both males and females. I didn't find that their gender mattered at all to how I held myself, what I told them, or what their reaction was at the time. Now over time, I have been the most touched by the ongoing responses of the males, simply because they have been the most contrary to what I thought they were going to be.

I've always told whoever I'm dating. Since I've dated both men and women prior to being married, I have told some men. Women overall have been way more accepting. Some of the guys I was talking to were no longer interested once I revealed I dressed. I've never really had a woman react negatively whether it was just a friend or a romantic partner.

Banned Read only
    My experience is that everyone is different, and that men or women aren't easier or harder. What I do know is that people's reaction is quite unpredictable, and that the first word from someone after you come out is seldom the last word on the matter - i.e. their opinion can change over time.

It's been a while. In my experience it was pretty much always the same-
    Women- That is so cool!
    Men- I didn't even know you were gay!
    Do these two responses mean anything? I think not, but it interesting to hear the first thing that comes to their minds.

Actually, I have one guy who knows about me.

My best friend, Jen's husband knows via her. I gave her permission to tell him because I didn't want her to be keeping secrets from him because of me.
    The other people who know are all female (my wife, her best friend, and an old uni friend) and all 3 are cool with Samantha, and only one has not yet seen me dressed, but has seen pictures.

I tend to find women (not girls) are less judgmental than men. Men seem to give into banter too easily.
    While I know any banter and 'name calling' would most likely be in good fun, I'm not sure I'm up for it.
    Samantha -x-