Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unnatural spending habits

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unnatural spending habits

Hi Girls,

I had just looked back this year (as it is near year end) and discovered to my joy and horror that I had spent a small fortune buying girly stuff. No wonder real girls spend so much money every month.
    I have more high heel sandals than I do ugly men's shoes (sports shoes included)
    I have more strappy dresses than I have shirts and ties combined.
    More perfume than aftershave ( I don;t use these anymore). I still shave (everything) but I dab on lotion and scented oils.
    I have more nail varnish than all my toes and fingers added together.
    The list goes on...............
    Where does this end?
    I find myself skimping on guy's items and spending it on girls items.
    Clearly I am nuts!

I'm going to be dropping a fortune in a few months once I move and can build up my very girly wardrobe.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Not nuts - just evening things up a bit

I can surely relate. I bought some skinny jeans today at Macys for $60. I buy my guy jeans at Walmart for $20 and I only do that when I have to.

Buying girly things can be extremely addicting. I have just come to the realization that Tanya now needs her own room.

It ends when you run out of money, credit or die! Lol.

Banned Read only
    Yinglingyen,
    No you're not nuts , maybe not careful enough with your spending habits.
    My stash is growing quickly but I've not spent a fortune , most has come from charity shops, I've been trying to get a balanced wardrobe together since the possibility of my separation. To tell the truth I'm really enjoying going out and thinking outfits through and discussing with SAs .

Quote Originally Posted by Yinlingyen View Post
    ...I had spent a small fortune buying girly stuff. No wonder real girls spend so much money every month.

Just to set the record straight, not all girls prioritize buying girly stuff. Most of my disposable income goes to travel, gifts for my children, electronics, dining out. I tend to wear things years on end (I buy wisely to begin with so my clothes don't tend to look dated), and I don't need a lot of makeup. The same holds true for my friends.

Sorry for butting into your thread, but I'm doing my bit to dispel the stereotypes. I'm happy that you're happy with all your new girly stuff though.
    Reine

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm pretty frugal and hit sales and I don't buy what I don't absolutely need.

No your not nuts YinLingyen you just want to look your best when dress as a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Yinlingyen View Post

Clearly I am nuts!
    No, clearly you are thinking more like many of us -- not to mention many women!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Thrift stores are great and help keep you within a reasonable budget. You're surely not nuts, it's just a girl thing!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Just think about how much money you could be spending on other frivolous things that some people get obsessed with.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I love going and spending money on girly thing for my self. Wish I could spend more.

Aspiring Member
    No your not nuts. It comes with the territory. I don't even want to think what I have I spent through the decades. I buy what I need,of course I may not need it right now but I will. Sometime. It's a woman thing,we want to look nice so we spend. Addicting? Yes at times. Thats are prerogative as long as it doesn't take from other important things.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Well if you are nuts then sign me up for a straight jacket. I have purchased more womens cloths in the last few months than I did mens cloths in the last two years. Actually I have done my best to convert all the cloths I wear. It is quite a project finding, jeans, tees, hoodies, shoes (Im a very casual person by the way) that all blend in as my regular cloth without anyone noticing. Besides, hair stylist appointments, hair supplies, nail polish, moisturizer, the list goes on.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Just to set the record straight, not all girls prioritize buying girly stuff. Most of my disposable income goes to travel, gifts for my children, electronics, dining out. I tend to wear things years on end (I buy wisely to begin with so my clothes don't tend to look dated), and I don't need a lot of makeup. The same holds true for my friends.

Sorry for butting into your thread, but I'm doing my bit to dispel the stereotypes. I'm happy that you're happy with all your new girly stuff though.
    Reine, I would never stereotype women EVER. For alot of cd/transgender it is like building a dual wardrobe. For me it is no more dual wear. If I cant wear it everyday then I just dont buy it anymore.
    Erica

Unfortunately for me and my bank account ,it's second nature.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Funny thing -- at my size, I'm finding better deals on clothing for femme-me than guy-me ... except for shoes

I know how that is. I have more girl shoes than guys'.
    I keep my eyes open for good prices, only buying girl shoes on clearance.
    I have plenty of panties and bras, mostly on sale.
    Buying some guy things is unavoidable though, like I have to pick up some new socks because the ones I have are getting worn out. But I do have to watch the budget though
    Stay inspired
    Amy

My biggest vice is the shoe department.
    I linger there like a drooling dog. I am afraid to say that I only visit there during ugly male mode time.
    I have not gone shopping en femme as yet.
    One day I am sure the sales lady is going to kick me out (a pervert she would say).
    I have this fetish for high heel sandals. I just keep buying them. And for a special day (such as birthday or xmas) I buy the most expensive pair I can afford. It's a present after all.
    Jimmy Choo - here I come for Xmas.

Banned Read only
    Since I retired eight years ago I have not bought very much in the way of male clothing....two pairs of dress shoes. I have plenty of shirts, ties and slacks for most occasions. If I added up how much I spend on women's clothing I'd choke. I have a word document to track my dress purchases which now number 123. Who really needs 123 dresses???

I too have more girly than guy shoes. About 3:1 and spend most of my time as a man

Unnatural spending for me would be buying mens jockey shorts. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Since I only wear most outfits once, I can't spend a lot on each one. Thrifts stores help A LOT!

However, I still spend a good amount on Sherry's things. Is it worth it?

Well, at times I look in the mirror at some fairly expensive new look she's trying on and think, "Priceless""!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    I spend more on my feminine self then guy things, but hey they are more comfortable and I like wearing feminine attire even if I am only wearing panties under guy jeans. I do keep nail polish on my toenails most of the time and I keep my body hair free. I would rather wear perfume the male after shave, I also use woman's deodorant.