Thread: Transgender Friday's

A gentle searcher. Chriscrossed's Avatar

Transgender Friday's

Office memo:

In addition to casual Friday's we are pleased to announce that the last Friday of each month in 2016 will be "Transgender Friday's". The HR department will trial this new optional dress code opportunity to promote tolerance and understanding for those of us on staff who would like to express their gender in a safe and friendly professional environment. Some important guidelines:
    1. Keep in mind it's FriDAY and not Friday NIGHT. You can dress up but not over-the-top. business/business casual is the idea.
    2. Everyone is welcome to join in no matter where you see yourself on the gender spectrum.
    3. Feedback is welcome as we all get used to this.

Enjoy, Chris Crossed.
    Last edited by Chriscrossed; 12-09-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Where do I apply?

That would be awesome! Can you convince my HR department?

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I'm a contractor at the moment, so I'm my own HR. I approve but can't answer for my clients though...damn!

In an ideal world and all that, nice idea though.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Well that would make work a lot more interesting. I might actually look forward to going to work for a change.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

"Optional dress code"? Does the standard dress code require guys to dress like other guys?

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Sounds like a great plan to me

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Is this a real office memo?

Gotta be GOOGLE.
    They have EVERYTHING!

"I'm a contractor at the moment, so I'm my own HR. I approve but can't answer for my clients though...damn!
    In an ideal world and all that, nice idea though.
    Becky"

I'm in the same situation Becky, work mostly at home for and by myself, allowing me to dress most days. I've read on here that some do see their clients dressed, but that's not something I am going to risk!

Banned Read only
    OK, is this for real!? I can seriuosly see this as happening in my office! 😀

I only wish that this custom were true when I was working ten years ago. I could have saved so many nice outfits to 2weaR EACH WEEK.

I'd love to work there.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Aaaahhh wouldn't it be nice ...

If that memo came out at my work, it would be nothing but a punchline in every conversation and if anyone took up the offer you can bet they'd be sidelined, career permanently derailed by the end of the day.

Ugh ... I've gotta get out of the semi-rural south. The culture is just toxic, for the most part.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Company suggestion box, here I come!

Thank you, Ms. Crossed!
    - Jacky ^_^/

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Ok, serious?
    How do I apply?
    We have casual friday at work for the ladies, but the guys are casual everyday. Besides for me it would be uncasual friday, dump the jeans for a pencil skirt, heck yeah!!!!
    Erica

A gentle searcher. Chriscrossed's Avatar
    Addendum / clarification:

4. Client meetings in house are not restricted on Transgender Friday's. Account managers should give clients a heads up beforehand about our "safe environment" policy to avoid any surprises and protect our staff's feelings. Use good judgement to handle any unforseen conflicts and feel free to contact HR for advice. We are down with gender at this point.

5. If this all goes smoothly and according to plan we may increase the frequency to all Friday's or simply scrap it and declare all weekdays Transgender Workdays. Let's see how it goes.

Your dedicated HR consultant,
    Chris Crossed
    Last edited by Chriscrossed; 12-10-2015 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Sp.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    "Optional dress code"? Does the standard dress code require guys to dress like other guys?
    In most customer facing positions, yes. In most retail stores I've worked at, tg's had to have a meeting to discuss the options of cd, and I think more often than not, those that had permission had to show a medical necessity.

Rules aside, I think Amy's situation is what would cause HR depts to shut this down quickly. Most places with more than a few employees also has more than a few insensitive ignorant idiots who would ruin this.

The only dress code I was given where I work was "if you wear a skirt, you have to wear underwear. Unfortunately there is an air of mild homophobia that has discouraged me from taking them up on that.

Oh my , this would be something I would participate in every week!

Almost makes me wish I wasn't retired.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.