Thread: First time out let loose!

First time out let loose!

I'm still on a high today. For the first time EVER I went out dressed last night. I'd arranged to meet up with a couple of others on here in Manchester at a CD meet. Obviously being closeted did mean that I had to dress away from home and I had arranged to stay the night in a local hotel.
    It took me around two and a half hours to get ready (I wasn't rushing by the way and really enjoyed the fact that I didn't need to worry about any unexpected knocks at my front door). Cheryl (on this forum) arranged to meet me in reception at five so I didn't need to walk out alone on my first adventure. So just before five I ventured out of my room and into the lift and when the doors opened it contained ........... other people. Talk about baptism of fire. I'd decided though, head up, don't look away as it will be a blatant clue that I'm not female (in physical form) under the makeup and dress. I met Cheryl in reception and we walked down to a bar through a couple of reasonably busy streets. I have no idea if I was read or not, or even if anyone was looking. People it seems are too busy with their own lives to be bothered about someone dressing up! We had coffee (and wine) whilst we waited for Debstar to arrive then for something to eat and into the CD meet. It didn't take long before I'd been completely at ease with how I looked and how other people viewed me. We also met a couple of new friends last night too!

This is obviously little steps for some of you ladies on here, but was a huge step for me. I'm still on this massive high (apart from depressingly packing everything away this morning) and itching to do this again as soon as I can. Personal commitments and time mean it's going to be hard to achieve this but I will. Looks like you're not going to keep this girl down.

Banned Read only
    Your description of your evening sounds as if you really had a great time. Before posting my comment I went to your picture postings (2). I think your presentation is very feminine. I think nobody noticed you because you did not appear to be out of place. If I were passing you on the street I think my mind's eye would see a woman.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Good for you Anna we are proud of you !!!
    Glad you had such a great time.

congratulations AnnaMarie, we don't forget the first outing, the rush, like time slows down for it all.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

We have all taken our first steps in different ways, yours is one of the best having support of others around.

May your good experience only get better.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Congratulations! Your outing sounds like a little slice of heaven!
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Aspiring Member
    Thats the spirit AnnaMarie. Congratulations on your first outing and glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Congrats! The first time is always unforgettable. So glad you had a wonderful time

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi AnnaMarie,

Sounds like Manchester Concorde? It really is so much easier when you have friends to help you over the threshold. Fantastic first step but they won't be able to hold you down now as it's an addictive slippery slope you know?

Pity that I've changed my job, as I use to get up to Runcorn for a week every month and wanted to get over to Canal Street myself. Oh well, I'll have to make it a weekend stay one.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    Hi AnnaMarie,

Sounds like Manchester Concorde? It really is so much easier when you have friends to help you over the threshold. Fantastic first step but they won't be able to hold you down now as it's an addictive slippery slope you know?

Pity that I've changed my job, as I use to get up to Runcorn for a week every month and wanted to get over to Canal Street myself. Oh well, I'll have to make it a weekend stay one.

Becky
    Certainly was Becky.

Congrats Anna I'm glad you had a good time. And your very lucky to have friends to help u and give you support. It makes everything much easier and it gives you a sense of safety. .