Thread: Physical vs Personal vs Enjoyment.

Physical vs Personal vs Enjoyment.

I have given myself a self-imposed 'time out' these last few days in order to gain perspective and to cool down over stuff I was angry about that I should NOT have been so angry about.

I read a great post on dailykos.com today about a young girl, still in elementary school, who showed up for the new class year as herself. Students were a little weireded out, but were actually ok with it. Someone in the administration flipped their biscut.

One might think shes the most fearsome creature in America

I believe (just me.. what I believe) is that we have three possible states.

1) I'm in the wrong body
    2) I feel like the other gender
    3) I like it because it is FUN.

I have gotten into arguments with people who didn't deserve it while not seeing that these three different states were the root cause in my mind.

I'm #2.

Do you see these lines the same way I do? Would that / could that help in crossing some of the borders we have as bright white lines here?

I look forward to your feedback.

- MM
    Last edited by mechamoose; 02-11-2016 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Typos...stupid fingers
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Thanks for the link MM.

I think the obvious clue to knowing whether allowing her to express her femme self at such a young age is ok or not ok is in the reactions of the other kids. Although some at least of her peers needed a very small amount of guidance, illumination, encouragement - call it what you will - the fact that they rapidly accepted her should be the lead to follow. If they had all rejected her, perhaps her parents would have been wise to discourage her from expressing her TG persona.

Hope I got the jargon right...
    I used to have a short attention spa

No, I think you got it right. I think she has the 'perfect storm' of parents to support her.

“Then the next thing I know they took her hand and they ran and that was it.”
    How I wish we could all have that.

<3

- MM
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post

I think the obvious clue to knowing whether allowing her to express her femme self at such a young age is ok or not ok is in the reactions of the other kids.
    So if other's don't accept a person such as her, then she shouldn't express it? Instead she should learn to be afraid of other's ignorance and learn to hide it? I hope my disagreement with this idea is coming through.

To the OP - I think there are far more states than those 3.

#1 - I don't think I am in the wrong body
    #2 - I don't feel like I am the other gender
    #3 - I don't do what I do because I like it and because it is fun (although I do like it and I do think it is fun - do I have a size 9.5 women's shoes because I like it and because it is fun? No, but I do like that I have that size and I think it is fun having that size as I can fit into lots of shoes!)

So, according to your number system, I don't have a place.

How about maybe #4 - I don't feel as though I fit into the gender binary system?

I don't:

A)
    B)
    C)

You cant prove a negative, sweetie. Please defend what you are, not what you aren't.

I'm 'both', but I have come to accept that I'm a girl in a boy body. I'm bisexual. I don't have gender biases for liking someone or them liking me.

By all means, if you have a #4, then please tell me. I wanted information, not an argument.

- MM

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post

I believe (just me.. what I believe) is that we have three possible states.

1) I'm in the wrong body
    2) I feel like the other gender
    3) I like it because it is FUN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Spirit View Post

To the OP - I think there are far more states than those 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    I don't:
    Well because you believe you can't prove a negative (which is not a universal law - as it is being debated by some) should I change my statement to be:

#4 - I exist outside the gender binary ?

But .... I am curious, sweetie, where exactly would you place me into your system of 3 possible states?

2.5: I feel like both.

Please forgive my oversight. You are quite correct.

- MM