Thread: Dressing for the wife

Dressing for the wife

I know a lot of us dress for many different reasons, but I was wondering how many of you dress for you wife or love one? Do you get the same or feeling when you do it by yourself? The reason why I ask this is because I just got a dress from dress barn and a new pair of heels to compliment it, I was expecting my wife to get off early today from work which did not happen. When she asked if I was dressed and of course I said yes and then she suggested I stay dressed till our get together with friends later (they don't know about that part of me). They when I told her i changed back she asked why and that made me wonder.

Aspiring Member
    Maybe your wife has finally accepted Lacey. Without knowing how she felt about it before it's hard to tell. But I would wonder myself. Good luck and I hope everything turns out ok.

Hard to tell what was on her mind. You should ask her. I'd stay dressed if my wife came home (she has long known and seen me CDing), but I would never drop it like that on unknowing friends.

Banned Read only
    Dress "for" your wife? I have a hard time with that. I doubt there are many wives or girlfriends who WANT their husband/boyfriend to dress so that the wife will be happy. Rather, I think they accommodate us so that WE ca be happy. I can state unequivocally that my wife prefers her husband looking like a man. She is quite generous in that she accepts my need to cross dress.

What did you tell her, when she asked you why you changed back? Did she know you were in your fem clothes first? Will you be telling us the rest of the story?
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

I agree with Jennifer. My wife sometimes encourages me to dress because she knows it makes me happy which then makes her happy, not the other way around.

Count me among the "I dress for me" crowd. Wife doesn't object, but neither of us would say it was a turn on for her. She always says, "it's just clothes."

Silver Member
    Lacy - Only your wife can explain what she meant.

I do not dress when alone but usually only when I am with my wife. I just don't enjoy being dressed when alone. Although I admit that I basically crossdress to fulfill my own needs and desires, I do dress at times at the specific request of my wife when I definitely do not care to (too tired or too busy). This might be because she says she wants to do something as two girls or that she says she feels more relaxed watching TV or a movie together when I am dressed. Maybe she asks me to dress because I do feel more relaxed and happier, or because I enjoy chick flicks more wearing lipstick and heels. I really do not try to be moody or unhappy when not dressed, but I do feel different and act different - and she senses the differences and seems to honestly be happier when I am happier. She has said that we communicate better, show more emotion, and are more intimate as a couple.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I'm kind of like Heather, I don't enjoy dressing my myself. I don't mind dressing when my wife is home or when we go out.
    Dana Ryan

Sounds like one of those missed opportunities.

Maybe next time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have to dress for myself...wife wants none of it.

I have very mixed emotions about this. On one hand, it would be nice to have someone to 'share' this with. On the other hand I am free to dress for myself free of anyone judging me.

Cindy

My wife will occasionally ask when I'm feeling down if i would like to dress a little, but it rarely happens.
    With 2 teenaged boys at home just finding their own sexual identity, i don't want to mess that up.
    i haven't had an honest chance to dress in about year now. I don't like to when my wife is not going to be around, it feels dishonest in some way (which my wife thinks it's crazy ). Personally it feels pointless to get all done up and sit around by my self for a couple hours and then change back.
    just a little frustrating.

I see a couple of you see how i feel about it. Like I love and have huge desire to dress, but at the same time I find it hard to do it when my wife is not around due to the fact I don't feel like there is a point. Just put on and feel a small need but not the whole need.

I can't imagine a guy who lacks the internal drive to crossdress but does it "for the wife".

I don't dress for my wife but she really does have some influence on when and even how I dress. There are times when I come home from work and she will have clothes laid out so I can shower and get dressed for supper or to take a ride and go through a drive thru. She would never tell me to stay dressed when we are having friends over. I do not advertise that I dress, it's a small town thing. Only her sister and my ex know that I dress and only her sister will ask if Nancie will be here when she comes over. Would feel bad if I had to hide dressing from my SO.

It sounds to me that your wife thinks your friends would be accepting. Why not discuss it with her? Women are generally less afraid of expressing themselves than men are. You might find that she is trying to help you rather than embarrass you.

I'm with Jennifer and Aaron. Except that my wife would prefer to go clothes shopping with Claire -- she's much more patient, LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I can't imagine a guy who lacks the internal drive to crossdress but does it "for the wife".

Imagine this: If you dress frequently or have a routine with a partner who expresses interest and enjoyment when you are dressed which significantly adds to your pleasure, and she visits her sister for a few days - you might not take the time to dress.

There seems to be more and more judgmental or snarky comments in our threads related to simple comments which are dismissive and belittling and result in members feeling defensive and having to justify, explain or substantiate simple remarks. If someone claims they do, or do not do, something simple, snide remarks are not OK. I am probably guilty, too, and will try to be more sensitive.

Heather, if your comment about snarky, snide, and judgmental posts was about mine which you quoted, I don't know why. I expressed an opinion that I don't believe that men without the internal drive crossdress for the wife. Perhaps I should have said ONLY for the wife, or better, only because she wants him to and not because he wants to. I still believe that, but I also can understand that some CDers (that is, those who already have the drive) to dress only WITH the wife. I can be guilty of snarky, but not this time.

I think for me in any case that I only like to dress for the wife because otherwise the point of dressing up get my drive all up and I end up blue if you know what im saying lol.

I envy you Jen simply because your wife knows and accepts it. I wish I had the same circumstance rather than worrying if my revealing this side of me to her would destroy our marriage.

GG
    Now may or may not be a good time to point out a very small, yet perhaps important, point. As a genetic girl and wife, I generally prefer being referred to by my husband as "my wife", rather than "the wife". And, FYI, I don't know that I've ever heard a wife refer to her husband as "the husband"....

Now to the actual content of the thread....One aspect of this may be that the experience is enhanced when there is an audience, and wives tend to be the most common audience for husbands who dress....just a thought.

Reality Check
    I dress around my wife from time to time but I try not to overdo it. My will call if she is bringing friends over, knowing that I will change back to male clothes.

You didn't make it clear if your wife wanted you to stay dressed for the meeting with the friends or change before the meeting. Personally, I would be uncomfortable being dressed as a woman in front of friends. I'm not ready to be out to the world and coming out to anyone (except family) is pretty much the same as coming out to the world.