Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my reason, what is ur´s ?

Wow the person who actually knows the reason (cause?) for the desire for a male to want to dress as a girl probably knows the answer to everything. I don't think I understand everything I know. I am with Karren I just adore being enfemme and have no desire to try to understand why.

Teri
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I am with Jennifer on this.

It is pre determined in the womb, I had no choice in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    I have a theory on why this genetics question comes up so much
    I think that partially, because in some cases it is. In many others, because the guilt about being a male who is behaving in any way feminine is considered the worst possible thing a man could do by our society, there is a subconscious desire to remove absolutely any connection or responsibility for it from ourselves at any cost. So attributing it to a genetic cause is a simple way of explaining that we were made to be this way, so none of what we do could possibly be our fault. As adult males especially, we have been told that we are ultimately responsible for everything; and so that, of couse, includes having the self discipline to NOT do things like, oh, just dress up like a girl just because we have the urge to do so. To give in to that desire would be considered by the rest (especially our family and friends), as just a complete failure to live up to the standards set for being a male in our society. It could be seen by many as much of a failure as a man as going AWOL, or abandoning a wife and child. We're men. We're responsible. We will do our duty to the death, and never waver. That's how our society expects us to behave, and anything less, is completely considered absolutely, positively, unacceptable.

No pressure there now, is there?
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 12-18-2015 at 03:19 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    I will grant that genetics in some individuals could play a role, more or less, but for the many of the I Was Born This Way individuals, there seems to be a suggestion of biochemical influence (i.e. additional hormones present during gestational). This is still not directly caused by genetics.

Of course now that I have reflected on it, I am totally wrong. Since humans are the only species that voluntarily dresses and makes a distinction in gender oriented adornment, and being a human is definetly genetic, crossdressing is limited to humans, and therefore genetically based.

Banned Read only
    Personally, I have invested very little effort in trying to figure out why I dress. I think the only way you can do that is through analysis. Even if I did know, what would it change? Nothing, I suspect...

DeeAnn

I have no sisters but My dad dabbled in dreaaing. So I think it was born in me. I've done it for more then 50 years with alot more dressing once I told my wife almost 10 years ago. But I think the biggest reason is I just love dressing up.
    Angie

Aspiring Member
    Women clothing is so much nicer, I can't help it, if I am in a Department Store, I must check out the make up section even though I do not wear women make up. Strange isn't it.

Never having found exactly the woman I wanted to be with for longer than a week, I can become exactly the woman I want to be with. I can dress "her" exactly the way for the mood I am in with no suggesting or begging to wear what I'd like her to wear. And when I am done, I'm done! I can create for "her" the look I'd like at that time from secretary to schoolgirl to ****.
    Lauren