Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How does that make you feel?

My take is a little different from "calm, authentic, right, true self..."
    No, I like an actor who has stepped into the role of Sayyidah. I feel pretty, I feel softer in her femininity. I feel younger and powerful with her curves and attractiveness. It's a fun, exciting feeling.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

The one word that I've always used is "natural." Hearing that reply, everyone who actually knows me just shake their head in disbelief.

Karen

Camilla is not me. I leave a lot behind when I'm dressed. There's not a lot of pressure on her to fulfill the expectations of others, there's only her to please. She feels pretty and feminine and desirable. Sometimes (a lot) she feels aroused. There is a shell full of calm and rightness inside which is a sweet, sharp pleasure of the forbidden and the fear of being caught and humiliated. Maybe every time she feels aroused. As I've written before, I feel my being move lower in my body to a place I normally do not sense, to where a uterus and ovaries would reside. This is what they call a visceral feeling, very elemental and exquisitely natural. That's a lot for some pretty undies and a dress, a bit of lipstick and mascara, isn't it?
    When it's time, afterward, I undress, another special and feminine time, but I do not feel regret or sorrow, just calm and satisfaction. I'm so meticulous and prim in folding things, my hands slide across the fabric, knowing we'll meet again. Removing makeup - yuck, though!
    Last edited by crobeson96; 12-14-2015 at 08:36 AM.

I feel aglow.

Reality Check
    Many of these answers given are answers that should not be given to one's wife. Remember, in her eyes, you are supposed to be a man. Saying dressing makes you feel feminine is probably not good for your marriage or her acceptance of your dressing.

So how do I feel? I can't explain it. The closest I can come is post#26 above, an actor stepping into a part.

Normal!!!!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

OK, This is from the perspective of an occasional cross-dresser who would like :-
    • To not have to hide his crossdressing from his wfie - please no lectures on that!
    • More opportunity to crossdress (but nothing even close to full time)

To answer the original question... Happy, pretty, like I'm on vacation from the pressures, expectations etc. of being "the male me". In short, it's fun.
    As for whether any of that is something that you shouldn't admit to your wife if you want to stay married? I don't know about that. It's not as if I want to stop being the masculine man that she married, just take a short break from that role now and then.
    I can identify with Sayyidah - the idea of being an actor playing a role, perhaps like taking a step sideways from my normal life for a while.

Let's see.. unhappy about my hair. Worried that I'll lose a fake nail if I bump into anything. Anxious to find a mirror. Unable to effectively use my phone (those damn nails again!) Anxious to find a mirror. Puzzled about the allegedly permanent lipstick (where did it go? And if it's permanent, how come the glass I'm drinking from is all red?) And in pain after walking in heels for hours. Oh, and where is that @#$% mirror?

Oh yes, isn't crossdressing great?

At ease and satisfied. I feel like an artist that made something beautiful out of something ugly.
    Probably the same way she felt when she first dressed up or pierced her ears or put on makeup.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    Special, perfect, happy, content, properly me, aligned with my mind, sexy, but then as I'm full time, I'm sort if used to it also. It never seems to get old though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

I feel relaxed and complete when dressed as my true self.

Generally, it feels...correct. It feels right. Hard to describe it really.

I feel Totally at peace and stress free with my mind in total bliss.

I would have to go with MssHyde's answer of Complete.
    I wouldn't know how else to explain how I feel.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

It makes me feel incredibly calm. Really can't think of a better word to express it. I am generally a big ball of stress and tension and when I get dressed it goes away.

When I'm dressed as a girl, I feel normal. When I'm dressed as a guy, I feel like I'm wearing a costume, playing the part of a standard issue guy. There's always the feeling like I should be wearing something else.
    The best way I can explain it, is, imagine you're at a formal event. Everyone else is dressed in Tux's or evening gowns. But you're wearing a bathing suit. Sure, it might even be a gender appropriate bathing suit. Even if no one else says anything and doesn't even bat an eye, you're still going to feel uncomfortable because deep down inside, you know you're really supposed to be wearing something else. That's how I feel whenever I'm dressed as a guy. When I'm dressed as a girl, that uncomfortable feeling disappears, and I just feel normal.

My ex asked me the same question. At the time, I didn't have the long winded explanation for her. Instead, I asked her how she felt wearing what she was wearing at that time. She said 'What do you mean?'. I said exactly. I feel the same way you do. Normal. For me there's no sexual kick to it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

When I'm dressed, I feel like I should feel all the time. I'm calm, relaxed and truly happy.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Different. I'm someone else------. I don't know who exactly.

It's exciting to become female!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I wear polish all the time even at work but when I dress even if it is just having the girls on, I feel whole. One thing that I can truly say is since I came to terms with this, I love myself and everything about me before, not at all.

Aspiring Member
    Just about like everyone else; Calm, enjoyable, feeling wonderful and natural and just right.

If it had to be answered in one word.. that word would be "normal"

At the end of the day, the clothes I wear do not make me who I am. I have always said that I'd prefer a world where I could express my feminine side without issue. I'm lucky in that I'm pretty much in that place, I go out most days with my fingernails painted, I wear blingy earrings, and except for work (damn gender specific dress codes), my wardorbe is almost exclusively female. I can visit any of my friends wearing a skirt or dress if I wish, whether in guy mode or fully en femme.

I just got tired of gender specific clothing ideals and decided I don't wish to adhere to "male" dress codes any more than absolutely necessary.

The best one-word answer is "normal."

I dress a lot. Several hours every day, day, often all day. Most of the time I don't think about what I'm wearing, it's just my clothes. In fact, my attitude toward dressing could most often be described as "indifferent." So much so that I sometimes ask myself why I bother. If it's this "uninteresting" why not just wear male clothing? But whenever I start thinking this way, I immediately know the answer. Female clothing, interesting or not, is correct. Male clothing is icky and weird. Male clothing is something I wear because I have to, not because I want to. I have a closet full of female clothing, with a few male items stuck off in a corner. The female items are my clothes. The male items are like a set of coveralls you put on before working on the car. It's not really clothing per se, it's just something you wear out of necessity.

I don't wear male clothing for the same reason I don't go around everywhere in greasy coveralls. It would be inappropriate. And weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    Let's see.. unhappy about my hair. Worried that I'll lose a fake nail if I bump into anything. Anxious to find a mirror. Unable to effectively use my phone (those damn nails again!) Anxious to find a mirror. Puzzled about the allegedly permanent lipstick (where did it go? And if it's permanent, how come the glass I'm drinking from is all red?) And in pain after walking in heels for hours. Oh, and where is that @#$% mirror?
    Oh yes, isn't crossdressing great?
    Ha ha ha ha! I'm afraid if I went out I'd be checking myself in the mirror or window reflection every two minutes. People would think I was a narcissist.

Quote Originally Posted by Judith96a View Post
    To answer the original question... Happy, pretty, like I'm on vacation from the pressures, expectations etc. of being "the male me". In short, it's fun.
    As for whether any of that is something that you shouldn't admit to your wife if you want to stay married? I don't know about that. It's not as if I want to stop being the masculine man that she married, just take a short break from that role now and then.
    I can identify with Sayyidah - the idea of being an actor playing a role, perhaps like taking a step sideways from my normal life for a while.
    Thanks for the shout out Judith. I feel the same way about putting the pressure and expectations of being male. Maybe that's what causes the calm feeling? And I agree I don't want to stop being the guy who opens up stuck jars or lifts heavy things for my wife but I know my circumstances and I couldn't come out to her right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lena View Post
    At ease and satisfied. I feel like an artist that made something beautiful out of something ugly.
    Ooooh... I like that concept, 'like an artist that has made something beautiful.'

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    The best way I can explain it, is, imagine you're at a formal event. Everyone else is dressed in Tux's or evening gowns. But you're wearing a bathing suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    The best one-word answer is "normal." The female items are my clothes. The male items are like a set of coveralls you put on before working on the car. It's not really clothing per se, it's just something you wear out of necessity. I don't wear male clothing for the same reason I don't go around everywhere in greasy coveralls. It would be inappropriate. And weird.
    These are really good analogies for me to understand how many of the members of the forum say they feel 'right' or 'normal' wearing female clothes. I think I get it now.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

This is a dangerous question to answer, choose your words carefully!

Very well said Sue, I feel the same.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews