I have had one or two moments in my life like that. It usually involved dressing around my wife early on, and a hypersensitivity that would arise, flavored with a mix of guilt and dissatisfaction.

One birthday I was planned to dress with my wife and I got maybe too excited and too expectant, and when it didn't go like I'd dreamed, I ended up wailing in tears.

I had a panic one Christmas, which came after months of intense self-examination and extreme marathons of over-thinking when I was sorting myself out. Suddenly I felt as if I were standing on my own little iceberg which had broken away from everyone else's and was steadily drifting away. My loved ones looked and sounded like cardboard cutouts of people I didn't know, and all the Christmas specials took on a deeper meaning about how it was all intangible and fake.

That night I learned the value of cuddling, let me tell you! Only by clinging to my wife for dear life did I not drown in that sea.

Also I eventually learned some personal spirituality, and the need for grounding. It's stuff everyone probably should know, but we usually stumble into it via our crossdressing, I guess because of the energies it stirs up.