Thread: Give a shout out to…

Give a shout out to…

Who would you like to give a shout out to? Who has helped you? Spouse, salesperson, support groups, or a stranger. It does not have to be anything big just something positive.

I am a stay at home crossdresser. The person I would like to thank is my wife. I told her about my dressing before we married. Just before we got married she gave me a woman’s wedding ring to use when I dress. It has three small circles that all connect. She told me that the circles are her, Lea, and my male side. Where they all interconnect is us all as one. She has gone out with me on Halloween. When I retire, and do not have to worry about being fired from work if discovered, we are planning other time together outside the house.

I would also like to thank this support group. It has helped me realize I am not alone.

One last thank you to the gentlemen who held the door open for us when we were out and called us ladies.

This is the only place I have found support. There seems to be a lot of girls on here that have the support, or are in a relationship where their SO tolerates it. Unfortunately I have went through the loss of a marriage and then another broken relationship as a result of my "secret," and now currently live alone. I try to remain positive, and as much as I normally want to dress up, it can often feel like a heavy burden to carry.

This place gives me greater awareness of others who are like me. It helps lift that burden, and offers some hope where once there was none.

My three housemates of many years ago, they showed me how to dress to impress.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My wife, she makes a superhuman effort to accept this part of me. She loves me and always makes clear that she will love me in whatever. I am so lucky

Well, truth be told my shout out would go to Becky Anderson of this site.
    When I came out to my wife and we joined a support group Becky was there and she was so influential in bringing me out of my shell and introducing me to the world.

My second shout would be to my wonderful wife who has fully supported me in this journey.
    My third would be to my friends in the support group who have helped me grow.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Great thread Lea, always good to keep things positive around here.

I'd like to thank all my friends who support me, they've been out to an LGBT bar with me for my birthday, I've been to their houses, they've been to mine. Makes life comfortable

Sarah.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

All my friends who accept and support me after I came out as trans. Living situation may prevent me from presenting as female but trust me, I'm definitely all girl on the inside.

My wife for being so understanding, and accepting. Not without our rocky spots but still, the greatest person in my life.
    Our lovely best friends, whom helps my wife understand me a bit more.
    This site and all the people here in it.
    And the waitress at the restaurant who called me ma'am yesterday.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

For wife without whom I would never accepted this side of me. She has been with me through all the battles with the demons I have fought. For twenty years she has seen me rise and fall, and rise back up again. It has taken me a long time to find the place where I am now. I have literally put myself, and others through hell. Through it all she has been there for me.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

A shout out to my girlfriend. She was the first to figure out I was genderfluid and has been with me through thick and thin as I came to terms with it and embraced

My family and friends who've supported me, whether they know about my gender or not.

And a shout out to the members of this forum. We might not always agree, but we're always here for each other.

First (and so I don't end up on the couch), my SO of nearly 10 years, who is generally supportive and brings Vicki the occasional gift.

Second, to all of the friends I made online in the late 90s, early 00s, who helped me to come to terms with my femme side and to embrace and love her.

Third, to everyone on the board here, which is helping me reconnect with a part of myself that has been ignored for too long.

Dr Nubel. She was the first one who helped me believe that it was ok to be what I was. It was right around the mid '90's. I think. A long time ago. Wherever you are, doc, thank you.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I would shout out to my friends whom i've told and have been supporting of me. Also my family whom i've told but never shown this part of me with the insistence that they love me now matter what i do.
    "There's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set her free" - shakira

My lovely girlfriend who has been supportive of me pretty much since I shared my whole self with her this april. We have been together for 2yrs and a couple of months and are planning on moving in together after the winter. She will be the first SO that I will actually live with and I am very excited about this upcoming new chapter in our journey. Thanks to all of you as well.

Banned Read only
    This is a great post Lea!

I'd like to thank first and absolutely foremost my wife and family!

My GG friend Lisa 😉

Everyone here but particularly my BFF sis Jeanette!

Next, the ladies at the wig store I bought my first 'style' from. Completely understanding!

Next, the SA at MAC store who was (is) sooo helpful!

Next, the young lady at the local convenience shop I flat out came out to who smiled and said 'You CAN be a woman if you want to, it's OK! ☺ '

The guy walking his dog who desperately tried to start a conversation with me and 'didn't care' if I was a 'guy' 😯

The older guy at the wine 'n spirits shop who gave me a 'senior discount' just because I looked cute, OK, he might have been one of US 😉

and everyone else I've met while en femme or en 'tween' who hasn't made me say 'yah, I'll fight ya! 😠 ' which honestly, is pretty much everyone! ☺
    Last edited by Robin414; 12-15-2015 at 01:04 AM.

My wife, who has been so supportive since I've gotten the nerve to come out to her. Se's continually watching out for outfits, shoes, wigs for me, and watching and advising me about my look, blending in, and when I'm sounding like I'm going to do something stupid like dress someplace where neighbors could bump into me. We live in a really small town and I go out dressed only in a couple of large cities we travel to. Around the house is ok with both of us, except when we have the possibility of drop in neighbors. Like at the holidays!

I'd like to thank all of you gals. You have been my only life line to sanity. DADT relationship so my time reading here every morning is all I've got right now.
    Thanks
    Love KristyE

I'll offer a shout out to everyone and anyone who is sincere in their expressed words and actions.

Another shout out to those who respectfully disagree with me, and to those who understand and don't take offense when I respectfully disagree with them.

Another shout out to the mods and admins of this website.

Another shout out to those willing to experiment and explore.

Karen

The ladies on this site and my X GF .She researched cding on her own many times without me asking in an attempt to understand .We are still good friends to this day and that's all i can ask
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo