Thread: Close call

Close call

I haven't dressed in awhile. I`ve been staying in the woods hunting some food for the rest of the winter and into spring. I visit here a few times a week. It keeps me close to my girl side even if I cant get all dolled up. So anyway, I logged on here the other night after work and fell asleep with the laptop ON MY LAP. I woke up early in the morning long before everyone else and just closed it and put it on the desk, turned off the Tv and went back to sleep. Fast forward to Sunday afternoon. We are out with family and come home. My 10 year old daughter grabs the laptop, opens it and turns it on. So just what do you thing pops up on the screen? Good old CD.com!

Let me back up for a minute. my laptop is temporarily out of commission so I have been using a different one that we have here.

She asks my wife, "what`s this?" and that was the end of it. Needless to say I am horrified. We decided that the kids don't need to know about my femme self. I got the business from my wife about not being careful and the need to get my computer fixed. Luckily our daughter hasn't said or asked anything on the issue. I think that I will let sleeping dogs lie and not say a word. Life goes on as usual as long as nothing is said. I hope it remains that way. Like we have all heard before, It is not a matter of if you get caught but when you get caught. Opinions?
    Last edited by Nataliebabe; 12-14-2015 at 10:35 AM.

As I'm not a parent I don't really feel qualified to offer advice... But as a former child who stumbled upon some unexpected knowledge (at a much older age than 10), I will say that discovering a parent has a secret can be more disturbing than the secret itself

If the question comes up consistently, just explain it the same way you would describe other lifestyles on the planet.

Gays, hippies, druggies, crossdressers, vegans, extreme sportspeople dogs and cats and 64 reasons why you cant have one....And so it goes on.

Oh! I forgot, when you get to crossdressers, don't talk like you have cotton in your mouth. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My thought is to just let it be. Not knowing your situation but I certainly heed my wife's advice and be more careful. Hope you got winter meat for the rest of the year hunting. Oh by the way I do a lot of hunting and have found that panty hose is very good to wear under my hunting layers and they can definitely keep you warm. Don't know why someone hasn't invented them with a flap so one can do number one one in the woods with out having to pull them down.... Lol

moat likely it had logged out due to timing out. Say you were searching for a new CD (music) and the search engine must have found this site and it got clicked on by accident
    Ellen

I think that it is a dead use. Nothing said. No questions asked. No weird looks from the 10 year old. I just may have dodged a bullet here.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    My thought is to just let it be. Not knowing your situation but I certainly heed my wife's advice and be more careful. Hope you got winter meat for the rest of the year hunting. Oh by the way I do a lot of hunting and have found that panty hose is very good to wear under my hunting layers and they can definitely keep you warm. Don't know why someone hasn't invented them with a flap so one can do number one one in the woods with out having to pull them down.... Lol
    Thanks. We are just letting it be. I have a lot of meat. I just need to fill in some empty spaces in the freezer I have worn panty hose under my hunting clothes a time or two! there is a company out there that does make pantyhose for men. I have a few pairs of them and they work well when in the woods.

Reality Check
    "It is not a matter of if you get caught but when you get caught"

That is the truth. I hope you can use this experience to be more careful. Don't forget that depending on the browser and how you use it, you can leave trails of websites you have visited.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I'm not sure a ten year old can actually process what you fear. She did ask, "What's this?" as she's probably asked about a thousand times only to be distracted completely when you try to explain.

Just a note: I kept my cd'ing hidden from my daughter until just recently. She's now 27 and she and her friends are sending me pictures of dresses they want me to buy. And apparently, I'm getting a special package in the mail for Xmas! How cool is that?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    I saw from your bio page that your wife "approves." Unless your daughter asks more questions just let it ride and be more careful. My granddaughter (15) has always been computer literate. She can run circles around me. My son and daughter know what they are doing. I'm OK with eBay and surfing. If anyone of the three were to delve into the guts of my computer when they stop over for a visit, I'm sure a good snooper will find cross dressing information, etc. My eBay account is full of femme purchases. So is my hotmail and gmail accounts.

If one needs to be super secretive it is necessary to be sure to totally log off the computer and clear any and all cookies. Just last night I purchased two open bottom girdles on JCP.com for a really good price and free shipping. Although I log off JCPenny those cookies just followed me around until I totally logged off and then logged back on. For the rest of my session there they were on the advertising column....open bottom girdles staring at me, and, also dresses I had also viewed. I also get emails from JCPenny and other e-commerce sites inquiring as to whether I am still interested in clothes I had looked at. That includes eBay. You really cannot have a unknowing spouse or kids sitting or standing near you when you even log onto your computer. Up pops a reminder from a store asking if you're still "interested in open bottom girdles?" Or even worse a picture of some undergarments that would "compliment your previous purchase." Life is full of land minds.

Another thing to look for is your browser's private mode (aka incognito in Firefox)

Any cookies or history created from within a private window is cleared once the browser closes.

Private browsing is your best friend

If you want to keep things a secret always have and use your own computer .I never let anyone on my computer just in case
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Sometimes it's like hiding something in the snow, eventually the snow is going to melt. One day I was writing here when I went to post it I had to refresh the page. By refreshing I lost everything and rewrote it and this time copied and pasted it. Being a construction worker and not knowing enough about computers I didn't know when you copy something it remains copied until you copy and paste something else. Well my daughter thought she was the last one to copy something and you should have seen the look on my face when she asked who wrote that story. The funny part was that my kids wrote me off right away, saying that dad doesn't know how to copy and paste and it must have been like a computer virus. Close one, valueble lesson learned.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I learned to put a decent password on my desktop after my kid went to church and told us afterward that there was a clothing drive for homeless people, like "the ladies on Daddy's computer that don't have enough money to buy clothes. "