Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female ID?

Question Female ID?

So a few days ago I was dressed up and went to K-Mart (yes, those still exist) to get some food. As I perused the aisles I thought "Oh, I should grab a bottle of wine!" but then I stopped myself, thinking "How would the poor kid behind the counter verify my ID?"

Has anyone gotten an ID with a female picture on it so that they could overcome that problem? I'm not transitioning, so I wouldn't be changing the gender, just the picture. I don't want my drivers license to have my female picture though, since I spend most days in male mode.

Transformations by Rori does a female ID but that could be Illinois only

Today, with everything going on in this world, I highly doubt it is possible for a part-time girl.
    Kate

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Hiya Jennifer-

Umm..... why don't you just use your male ID? I do it all of the time. Yes I have on occasion had the SA question whether it was actually my ID or not, but after a bit of discussion between me and them, and occasionally the manager, I have always been able to make my purchases.

Reality Check
    You would have to be careful not to get something that could be considered a "fake" ID. An "ID" is usually a state issued document. A driver's license for those o drive and an ID card for those who don't.

Check with your State laws. Here in California you can have a drivers license with your true picture and then an official State ID card with your female picture. Here, you just need to be careful when you get a new drivers license because they will use the last picture on file. I changed one of my credit cards this year to use only my first initial instead of my first name. My credit union credit card could not be changed. Go figure.

The cashiers at the supermarket only need to make sure you are of legal age. Use your male ID and if he/she takes a second look at you, smile and explain the "guy" in the picture is the "girl" talking, just without the wig and the makeup. It's no big deal.

I use my male ID when necessary (some establishments, after being caught selling alcohol to under age people, are required to have a 100% I'D check policy). Seems they just want to see the date on the card, so when I show mine, I just plant my thumb over my photo, and have only been asked to move it so they can see the picture one time! Even then, no problem.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

I found a place outside of the US that can make what appears to be an exact duplicate driver liscense with watermarks for authenticity.

I am going to get one, yeah I know it is not legal to have a FAKE ID but if you look at the chances of TX ever allowing transgender people to have any sort ID without an act of congress taking place this is best route for short term.

I will still have to carry my legal ID for driving, but shopping and dining not so much the case.

At least with that my photo ID will match my credit card and other things I carry on my person when in femme.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Spirit View Post
    Hiya Jennifer-

Umm..... why don't you just use your male ID? I do it all of the time. Yes I have on occasion had the SA question whether it was actually my ID or not, but after a bit of discussion between me and them, and occasionally the manager, I have always been able to make my purchases.
    I've been challenged once before, which while it was nice to think I did that good at makeup, I want to avoid that in the future. It was a little embarrassing.

This is a good topic by the way. I can definitely see the situation happening. I think the awkwardness or hassle of being questioned because your not wearing makeup in the ID, is far better than getting caught with a fake ID.

I always say that they'll have to use their imagination whenever I need to show ID!

Aspiring Member
    A couple of responses.

Using a false ID in some circumstances is clearly illegal, such as presenting it to law enforcement. Go with the truth every time there. Cops respect honesty and have generally seen it all.

For those living full-time, California has had a DMV procedure for decades to issue licenses and ID cards showing your girl name and "F" for sex. By all means do that if you're eligible.

The more casual uses, such as the liquor purchase, are less clear than false personation to law enforcement. My guess is that most clerks don't care what your name is (or your height, weight, or need for corrective lenses), just the date, and that only for those of you who are young enough to be carded in such transactions. So you can probably feel free to just show the driver's license and be done with it. At worst, you might get a double-take ("Yes, that's me"). Legally, the crime would be underage purchase on a fake ID, and if you're not underage, that gets real murky real fast.

It is generally a bad idea to alter any official ID card to change the name or photo, but I've come up with a benign dodge for the occasion when you take your girl wallet out of your purse to fetch the cash for a purchase (you DO know to use cash rather than any card for which the clerk will want ID, don't you?) and your license is there in its little window. I made up a little photo of me with hair and makeup done, Photoshopped it to the right texture and size for the DL photo, and stuck it to the clear cover of the ID window so it covers up the boy photo. No fraudulent intent or alteration of an official ID, but for that glance down at the wallet, there's the girl smilin' on the right place on the license. If a cop should want to see it, he will want it out of the wallet anyway, and, should he spot the fake photo, explain it just as I have, as a way to avoid casual uncomfortable moments with your wallet open at a cash register.

The best approach is to avoid occasions where ID is usually required. At my age, buying booze is generally not among them. Also remember that debit cards depend on a PIN (so no ID request), and make use of self-checkout where possible when buying makeup at the local Safeway and such. Think first.

In SC, the state supreme court this summer told the DMV to allow a 16-year-old high school student to have her photo made with long hair and makeup. (Earlier they had denied the right, saying that "he" didn't look right.) Now the SC DMV will provide an official license to anyone, regardless how they're dressed.

Reality Check
    Yes, but only one ID. You can't have two with different photos and/or names.

I think some people are missing the point on why the government issues ID cards in the first place. They are intended to prove that you are who you say you are. Having and/or using a false ID card is a crime. Altering an official ID card is a crime.

Suck it up and use your real ID or find a workaround where you don't need an ID card. Stay out of jail.

This is America, any one can get a I.D. just ask those 300,000+ obama has and is bringing in, oh fake birth cert. are also ok here. lol

I agree with Nadine. My wife and I went on a road trip last July and I spent several days en femme. at night when we'd go to check into a hotel they would ask for my credit card and my I.D. I'd hand both over and there was never any problems. As that shoe company says, Just Go For It!

Just show your male I.D. Any attempt to get some other form of I.D. is probably illegal. Better a moment of embarassment, that a night in jail, or homeland security going apeshit.

Personally, I've never had any issues using my DL when asked for identification as to age or confirmation of my credit card, which I genually appreciate. If they look at me with a questionable look, I respond that my pic was taken on a "bad hair day". That has always worked fine.
    I've been told that in Texas you can get a state Id card that is separate from your DL, and that some persons have been able to get those while in fem. My reservation is that as typical with all government departments, I'm sure at some point in the future, the state would get the ID card picture on my DL reissue?

Silver Member
    Miss Danielle proposed a good idea. You can get an "unofficial" Trans I.D. card with both photos and names, and present that along with your official I.D. That way you are following the law, AND providing a frame of reference to explain who you are and why you don't look like the DL photo. You shouldn't need to deconstruct just to prove who you are. Plus since it is premade and durable, then it will have a legitimate feel to it.

And you can get it on line.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 12-17-2015 at 09:59 AM.

Banned Read only
    Jennifer,
    It's not a problem in the UK, yes the laws are getting tighter on underage drinking and the purchase of alcohol ! It would be nice to be considered underage , even in a mini skirt never going to happen !
    I love it when I buy my art class ticket, they refer to us as students, thankfully they don't need a photo , I'd love to confuse them with one !

I have presented my normal male ID on many occasions. To date no one has denied me the purchase of alcohol or entry into a club or bar.

I've not yet walked in public as women but I have been carded a few times. Mostly for buying a large amount of items and entering a few clubs. So my guess I shouldn't have much problems going as a women. Just fallow the laws and don't act suspicious. And as said use cash.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonni Lin View Post
    This is America, any one can get a I.D. just ask those 300,000+ obama has and is bringing in, oh fake birth cert. are also ok here. lol
    That comment was out of line.
    This is not a political forum.

I've toyed with this idea in my head. After this past weekend, I just am not going to worry about it. Accept me and my id as I am or not. Makes me no difference now.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination