Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Female ID?

I live as a woman full-time, I still have my male ID (changing name is very slow in France, my citizenship, but I live in Florida), and I have never had a single issue after showing it at least a hundred times. Some people just look at the birthdate, the other just understand you are dressed, and most do not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Acastina View Post
    A couple of responses.

Using a false ID in some circumstances is clearly illegal, such as presenting it to law enforcement. Go with the truth every time there. Cops respect honesty and have generally seen it all.

For those living full-time, California has had a DMV procedure for decades to issue licenses and ID cards showing your girl name and "F" for sex. By all means do that if you're eligible.
    I was thinking more along this line...have a real ID that is really you. I'm not trying to break the law, just avoid awkward situations.

If I could, I'd get a credit card in Jennifer's name too.

Reality Check
    I would think it would be difficult to get a credit card using a "fake" name. Perhaps you could get one of the cards where you deposit the money in advance and use the card against that amount.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Obviously in the UK here, but I always use my male debit card when dressed. So far, no problems, but never say never. I like the idea of a separate ID, sounds like a good one. The last thing you need when just buying a bottle of the finest Vino Collapso, is for some SA to call out, "I've got a man in a dress presenting with someone's else's ID card". Not the best way to fly under the radar.

I've checked with my bank about a debit card in my female name, but they can't do it online apparently. Oh well, I need to get my best hardened exterior on and go visit a local branch to find out.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk