Thread: Mission Accomplished

Mission Accomplished

So earlier this month I made a post about my plan to stop hiding my dressing and to embrace it by the end of the semester. Well, The semester is over and it seemed wrong to not give a follow up. Because anything worth doing it worth giving a cool name to, I named this goal “Operation Pennington” (Ty Pennington said move that bus on that show for the big reveal of the house; Im revealing my crossdressing…; It seemed to fit). Well, Operation Pennington was a rather succesfull.

I’m much more comfortable with others seeing me en femme then I was before; I’ve gone dressed to a few events, like rocky horror showings, halloween parties, drag bingo, and a choke parties. I’ve expanded my circle of friends by attaching myself to my schools LGBTQ-munnity,

I’m still in a weird situation with my roommates though; I’m sure they’ve seen me dressed, if only in the time it takes me to walk from my room to the door in heels, but they’ve not asked, and I’ve not told them whats going on. I dont want to force this on them so my plan is to just do what I do and if they ask me why I’ve painted my nails, or why I’m wearing a skirt I’ll answer honestly.

I’m happy with the progress I’ve made this semester. I’ve expanded my wardrobe; I’ve become comfortable with the fact that I'm not normal, and thats okay; I’ve made new friends; and I’ve been able to dress without being as scared of being caught. I declare operation Pennington to be a success .

Banned Read only
    Well done hon! I totally know that show as well, great analogy! I'm sooo much more comfortable being 'ME' as well, funny how confidence just builds 😉

A very big congratulations on operation Pennington and so glad you're walking your path to happiness. I hope it only continues to get better.
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

I only have one criticism of your post is that you're not "normal." Who the heck would want to be "normal?" Normal to be sounds boring and scary. From now on, embrace the you. Screw normal.

Congratulations on all of it. It is so great that you are starting all this when you are young, instead of living a frustrating life until you can't take it anymore, generally when you are much older like a lot of us here. To echo somewhat Kevyn said, you are normal, just a different type, flavor or type. That being said I sometimes use weird, odd and outside the norm to describe what I do. That being said, I still feel very comfortable being me and living my normal. keep up the great work. Now what will you be doing over the holidays as your new normal?

Well done you! You're just being you,that's fab.😀

You seem to be growing and that is a good thing

Aspiring Member
    Yes you have done well. Congrats to you. As you keep going your comfort level will increase,you've come this far so keep going. Own it girl you do deserve it. Best wishes