Thread: Something to look forward to

Something to look forward to

My parents said that hopefully next year they will leave for a couple of days. So me being me i was instantly thinking 'omg two days to myself i can dress up!' Then I remembered my mum has a wedding dress and i think it's about my size, so i will try it on. I want if this is a bad choice and if you would do it too if you was in my shoes?

Charlotte x
    Ellie May 😘

I would totally do it.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Banned Read only
    Your mother knows every crease and fold in that dress. I wouldn't touch it on a dare unless she gives permission.

I dunno, my wife's dress resides deeply in an old storage bin and no one has looked at it since I yanked it off her on our wedding night 17 years ago.

Its in a dress bag in the closet in the spare room so I don't think she will even notice
    Ellie May 😘

Aspiring Member
    I would definitely go for it. Just becareful not to get anything on it, or damage it in anyway and you show be fine. Good luck.

Thanks Kittie. I will be extremely careful with it.
    Ellie May 😘

No don"t touch it , its not just a dress to your mother so I would say leave it alone. But thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by s.e.al View Post
    No don"t touch it , its not just a dress to your mother so I would say leave it alone. But thats just me.
    I agree - def would carry above average consequences for getting caught given the likely emotional context of the dress

I would definitely go for it. My wife has dresses she doesn't even remember she owns, I wear them and put them back. Her weeding dress is sealed in a box. A few years back l opened the box and tried it on, it was to bad that when we got married she was like a size 0 but I still tried it. When my daughter was getting married she wanted my daughter to try her dress, when she opened the box she never noticed I touched it.

I don't know, little girls dream of their wedding day and their dress. It's almost sacrilege to do anything but admire the dress and use your imagination of how it feels to wear. I wouldn't but that's just me.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

in a word, "no", it is out of order, out of bounds, profanely not to be done.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I tried on most of my mom's things when I was a child, but that's only because I had no other access to women's clothing. Now that I have an income of my own and have hopefully developed a more sophisticated sense of right and wrong, I wouldn't even consider touching another woman's things without her permission and encouragement. I think you should do your own shopping -- a couple of days alone should give you a chance to visit the local thrift stores.

- Diane

It is not a good idea Charlotte.
    Of all the dresses in the world, that one means something very special to your mother (hopefully).
    You run the risk of hurting her deeply.

Look for one at a thriftstore like Diane suggested. They are not that expensive.

- Suzie

No... She has special memories assigned to that dress. Don't risk the chance of ruining her cherished & sacred memories.

no. let me add to that, no. It's NOT yours. Didn't your mom teach you not to take things that don't belong to you?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Ok I won't do it. Most of you said no
    Ellie May 😘

Hi Charlotte, the wedding dress is a special item for women. It should never be worn or touched by anyone. That is unless it is given to you or the person to which it was given.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Aspiring Member
    Especially considering the symbolic nature of your mum's wedding dress, no way. Just... NO. It isn't any other dress.

As earlier suggested buying off a thrift store is a much better option.

My brother and I went threw and wore every dress and under garment she packed away in the attic.
    My mother figured it out and said we "were going throw a phase"

Well 40 years later the phaze isn't OVER

No one will ever wear the old wedding dress! accept USAttachment 255299

I did love that dress!
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 12-27-2015 at 10:54 PM.

Yeah I'd venture to guess that quite a fair few CD's have tried on their mother's clothes early on, (though hopefully moving on to their own things later.)

Reality Check
    I say no to wearing the wedding dress. It has a special meaning for her and she would probably be hurt if she found out. And what if you damage it?

I think someone suggested buying a dress or such in a thrift shop. If you have no female clothing, that's an option.