Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would like an opinion

There have been a lot worse things said.. personally I would have laughed had it been me

Wow you have a wife that supports you and a comment like that bothers you .??

This is likely very simple: Your wife is coming to terms with your crossdressing and probably crossdressing in general via the media: the quoted words make me consider this an outreach, awkward as it may have been. Non-CDs, and even a number of CDs as well, I'm sure, are still in a youthful stage of understanding and being able to deal with the concept of crossdressing. Progress is being made though, faster than I would have imagined.

You might even let your wife know how you felt, but only if you can believe she was not being negative.

Personally, my wife and I are always looking out for LGBT people,

It wouldn't bother me Hon. I'd probably take it as a compliment.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

GG/SO of a CD
    Quote Originally Posted by Krististeph View Post
    This is likely very simple: Your wife is coming to terms with your crossdressing and probably crossdressing in general via the media: the quoted words make me consider this an outreach, awkward as it may have been. Non-CDs, and even a number of CDs as well, I'm sure, are still in a youthful stage of understanding and being able to deal with the concept of crossdressing. Progress is being made though, faster than I would have imagined.

This. And also. As a wife who was not as aware of the cding world, I would point out to lucas when I saw a cd or tg. Sort of as a, "you are not alone, or this is more common than I thought thing.

I am going to way over simplify it. But it's kind of like when you get a new car, and now everywhere you see the car. Are there more out there then there were before? No. But your perception of the world changes and you are more aware of items that are new or familiar to you. She might just be noticing more cd/tgs because it's become Apparant to her. I would not be offended.

Also, while trying to get used to it, wives fumble on words. I would try to give her some room to make mistakes, as you would expect her to with you.
    ~Greenie

Supportive wife to a wonderful man who just so happens to like to be fabulous some times.

What I think will be nice, is when people don't even feel the need to mention anything at all. I'll be happy when we reach the point where they will notice, but think 'Oh, that's a crossdresser. OK, no big deal' and just continue on with their day (sort of like Louis CK's 'mild' racism', of which I too am guilty; A long time ago, I once went to a pizza place run by a Pakistani family. The first time I went there, it struck me as odd, but hey, they made great pizza, so, who cares, and from then on I never thought about it).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Reality Check
    In my opinion, that was a poor choice of words. A bit insensitive. If you were a cancer patient and had lost all your hair and she saw another person in a similar situation, she probably would have said things differently.

However, you know your wife and I don't so you'll have to be the judge. It might be best to just ignore it.

I would go looking for problems that aren't there.

She may have been the tiniest tad insensitive.. maybe, but to take offence would be hypersensitive.

Reine (as always) has shared good insights.