Thread: Worth the fifty dollars

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wink Worth the fifty dollars

I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I will give you some history, my son is twenty one years old he finished college and did one year of internship. While doing his internship he had shift hours and that included one day on the weekend which gave Maria one day on the weekend and a few nights after work to dress. Since they hired him full time he now works regular hours and the weekends off that makes things more difficult for me to dress. I know l know he should be out and on his own, but if anyone knows Italians we try to help our kids anyway we can, and thats why they never leave until there forty. That's not really my main problem, my problem is he never goes out, his girlfriend comes over almost every night and instead of hanging out in his living area they hang around with us. I should be flattered that they want to hang with us but they never go out, for fun on Fridays they order inn and there friends call and they never want to go out with them. I had to talk to him and tell him that when we come home from work we need some space, I can't even fart in my own home, or just lay down and relax because there always on the couch with us, and asked him why he doesn't go to her house a few times or go to a mall or something and it's not healthy that at there age they are not interested in nothing. He said they are trying to save money for a down payment for a house and don't want to spend money at over priced bars or clubs. The way the housing market is going in Canada he may have a down payment in fifty years, my wife feels bad saying anything to them because she sees our parents who would kill for someone to go there because they are so lonely and she fears being that way. This has been going on for three months now and you could just amagine the fatigue that's building up in me, my wife suggest I go to a hotel for a day or go for a drive, I just don't think it will be much fun alone for a day in a hotel room but it may have to do. Tonight when the door bell rang I don't think I would be able to handle another night squeezed on that couch, so I reached for my wallet and handed them 50 dollars and asked them to go to a movie on me. Well I'm finally dressed for the first time in three months, best fifty dollars ever spent. I'm I the only one with this problem, don't get me wrong I love my kids and believe it's great that we have a very open relationship and will miss them one day, but I just need alittle space. Am I cruel or what?
    Last edited by Maria 60; 12-15-2015 at 08:38 PM.