Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worth the fifty dollars

I know that the lack of personal space is daunting. Not having the ability to be yourself stinks. Yes I think they should get out a bit more often. They are being responsible, at your expense. I actually have the opposite issue. I never hear from my son, my daughter only calls when she has trouble needing something. So I can see that there is some issues there. But I will say, at least he trusts you enough to have you help and be part of their lives. I'm sorry that it's too much, but you could have no contact what so ever. Enjoy this while you have it, because it will soon change. Fifty bucks to see the movies or go to dinner on you now and then is probably more appreciated than you know. And it gives you your time for a breath of fresh air.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Yes, $50 is worth it but it's only good for a few hours. I have a nice travel trailer parked in my backyard for private time. I do get a room at the local Radisson once or twice a month and invite other cd's for a fashion show. It's worth every penny.

My adult kids live with me too and know about Kate. My daughter loves to tease, poke and relishes the next time she can see Kate. She is a real firecracker and that gets old fast. My son is more DADT and does his own thing. And of course their SO's coming over and hanging out the entire night makes it worst.
    Kate

If I had this issue, I would pay too. I don't though. My ex and I split 12 years ago, and at 17 and 21, rarely see the kids. My wife is accepting and I dress as much or as little(huh?) as I want. It's blissful, but when I think of it, I missed a major part of there lives. The bittersweet
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

You are definitely not alone. Several years ago, I was in the same position, however it lasted for over 3 years!!! I would not have traded the time, but admittedly there were many, many times, I felt trapped and unable to enjoy the freedom and fun I get from my CD time. Try to remember that the time you are having now, while frustrating, is still better than not having them around. Your day will come, and you will actually miss the time you had with them.
    Di