Thread: Persephone Hits The Road

Persephone Hits The Road

My spouse and I have finally done what we've long dreamed of doing. We donated, sold, trashed, and stored all our swag, put our house on the market and hit the road.

We're two women heading down the highway of life -- full-time in a motorhome. Our new home is 36' long, 8' feet wide.

Currently we're hangin' out in the Tucson, Arizona area.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Oh wow, Persephone, congratulations!

Please, please tell us stories of your adventures as you motor along. With pics!!
    Reine

Platinum Member
    Hi Barb, I totally enjoy traveling in my 35X8 foot motorhome, But we are not going to give up our home base. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi Barb,

Sounds like the adventure of a lifetime! Something I fantasize about Sue and me doing ... maybe.

The Tucson area is a great place to start. My only full-time experience (so far...) was there (Full-time in Tucson). As Eryn said in that post, the Desert Museum is great. So is the Audubon Nature Center. I was birding there and happened to join a group there in training as volunteer guides. They didn't mind, and at the end the leader asked if I was interested in joining. Wished I lived there ....

So yes, we all look forward to hearing more!

Hugs,

Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Sounds like a couple of hippies to me ;-)

That is so cool. I wish the best for you. Watch out for the cold weather!

My wife would never be so adventurous, much less with me as Christina! You lucky girl!

Safe travels

Persephone You are living my dream packing up leaving everything behind going where it's warm and being who you want to be. Congrats and have a great time.

Hugs DonnaP

Awesome! I wish you all the best and safe travels.

Hugs
    Suzie

There is a lot to see in the U.S.

It does not stop at the border of California. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    We're two women heading down the highway of life ... Currently we're hangin' out in the Tucson, Arizona area.
    Have fun but watch out for cliffs near the Grand Canyon. At least you're not driving a Thunderbird.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Wow! Sounds like a great adventure! I'm headed to Tucson for work in about six weeks ...

Happy and safe travels Barb, I'll await your reports with baited breath! If you get close to KC let me know.

Hugs, Bria

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Drive carefully and keep safe you two!!!.

Don't forget to visit canada we are very nice here and it is beautiful also
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Best wishes to Barbara and her lovely spouse as they pursue their dream. I'm sad to see them go, but know that they will be back regularly!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Aspiring Member
    Good luck Persephine

I did a year in Oz as a Grey Nomad travelling the highways and byeways in a motorhome, its a great life.

Enjoy

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Sounds like a dream. But be careful out there these days.

That's my dream to do when I retire (still a couple of years away).Best of luck and be safe, may the waters be calm and the wind in your sails.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Barbara,

I hope that traveling the highways brings you and your spouse some great adventures.

Grace

happy trails and welcome to the clan persehpone!i am in florida for the winter so if you ever get here it would be nice to visit.
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

Have fun. my wife and I have taken the RV south for the winter several time and really enjoyed it. Love the Tucson area. There is a thousand things to do around there.

I would love to sell the house and hit the road but wife says no. Something about grandkids that keeps us grounded here.
    Live and let dress.

Wagons HO!
    joank
    Southern California

Very cool!! I'd like to do that, but my wife says all we would do is go from surf spot to surf spot. Oh well, she's right of course. Let us know how you are doing. Come visit Virginia Beach in the spring and you can stay with us.
    Please call me Lisa!

Hi you two! I was coming by to say hi, and see what you are doing. Guess I will have to see it in photos and print this time. I will be down in your area next month, and hoped we could have dinner, shop, do a show, or something else that interests you - but you won't be there. While I will miss you, I am so happy that you are going to be having the trip of your lifetime. I know you have been planning on for a long time, and I am anxious to learn what happened to those 455 pairs of shoes? Hugs,

That is great Persephone. Hope you and your SO is having a blast out there. Keep us posted.
    Part Time Girl