Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scar on the knee. What are my Options?

Scar on the knee. What are my Options?

Heya..
    So i have got stitches on my right knee a few times when I was a kid. There use to be pretty bad scar but now it has improved but its still visible. So most of the times I wear dark stockings or leggings to hide it. But what all options do I have to remove it?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not much really maybe a product called dermablend will help cover it up.
    I wouldn't worry about it really we all have scars somewhere.

What Tracii said. Dermablend. If they can handle this they can handle your scar:

http://www.dermablend.com/brand-vide...yond-the-cover

Hugs, Michelle

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Tell everyone you played soccer in college and due to injuries you couldnt go big time. Alot of females athletes end up having knee surgery.
    Erica

I didn't play soccer but basketball all the way through college including a DII scholarship. My knees look awful and detract from other wise attractive and long legs. No scars just ugly for some reason (overuse?) Wish I could change them, but I guess that was the hand I was dealt.

Get a tattoo around it to make it look like a happy caterpillar.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Banned Read only
    Plastic surgery is the only way to remove them. There are some products that may conceal it a bit but that's it.

I have a scar by my right eye, one of my left index finger knuckle(right by the palm), one running the length of my left shin and one on my right ankle. All left from stitches from various accidents going back as far as middle school. None of them have faded all that much. The one by my eye can be kind of covered up with some concealer. But it's still visible.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have puncture wound scars and powder(cordite) burns on my hands and had a few broken knuckles and no way to hide them so I don't try.
    I tend to wear bangles and rings to draw attention away from the damage.

Traci is right, we all have scars. I cut a corner in the Navy and ripped a 4 inch gash in my right calf. I never got stitches or anything to close it up. It's just a blur on my right calf. Most people don't look closely at you.

I have a thin scar on the outer orbit of my left eye, courtesy of a traffic accident when I was 16 (I was a passenger, FYI). Because of that the hair on the outer part of my left eyebrow is thin and all screwed up. But if anyone ever asks about me shaping my eyebrows, I will just show them the scar and tell them my wife wanted to even them up.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Platinum Member
    I'd go with using concealer. If you get a tattoo you may regret it later. I would not obsess about them. When you get older you're going to get a lot more imperfections.

Banned Read only
    Leonal,
    My wife was involved in a severe car accident as a child , she has scars on her knees but makes nothing of it , no on makes a comment even if they notice,I guess if a GG can do it I'm sure we can. I also have a scar across my knee, I was working with a Stanley retractable blade knife and forgot to retract the blade when I stood up and ended with a deep 2" cut on the side of my knee, never felt a thing ! I still wear ordinary 10 or 15 denier stockings.

Banned Read only
    image.jpg

Don't worry about it. Seriously, it's fen to have a scar on you leg. I have scars all over my legs. Nobody really cares. I wear skirts and dresses which show them all the time. I'm handicapped. I have been all my life. After living a life of hiding those scars, and hiding who I really was, I refuse to do it anymore. The scars do not define me.

Hell-o Leona,
    Those bumps and bruises from our past should be regarded as badges of honor. They each have a story.
    Unless, of course, they were awarded during a dishonorable moment in time.
    Nevertheless, scars are something we all have, big or small, scars are all big in our own eyes!
    Getting them to fade is another story.... For something as out front, and visual as a facial scar is one thing,
    But to worry about a scar on your knee.... Really?
    Anyway... There are a few home remedies for reducing scars (a google search is a good start) and a few scar reducing creams are available.
    Best of luck with the scar.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Don't worry too much. I have seen many beautiful GG's that have some scarring on their legs. My legs are full of little scars from over a half century of abuse. I wear L'eggs Sheer Energy hose and they hide a multitude of sins.

I have scars from shingles that cover most of my left forehead going around to my ear... Most people don't notice, and those that do are usually just curious (and under 6)
    Accepting them as a part of me went a long ways towards improving my self esteem in general.
    Last edited by AlleyKat; 12-17-2015 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Phone spazzed

Reality Check
    You could just wear jeans! Or longer skirts.

Makeup can cover many scars but if they really bother you, ask your doctor for options.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I seriously wouldn't worry about a few stitch marks unless it really is a hideous mess, like the old Frankenstein ones they always did when I was young, circa Jurassic period. I decided to live with the leg and arm scars I got from a blistering condition, but then they are probably hidden by the wrinkles of old age.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica Marie View Post
    Tell everyone you played soccer in college and due to injuries you couldnt go big time...
    Coincidentally, I had a ruptured left patella pole (knee cap) from playing footy (soccer) in 1985. I have to say I wear that one with pride,...regardless.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Having both knee replaced left me with a couple scars which are covered by tights and then hose over them!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Silver Member
    They make makeup specially for legs that is easier to work with than Dermablend. You could also try a concealer called "Colortration" which covers with the same opacity as Dermablend but is very light and goes on with a little brush like model paint.

I'm not sure what the brand names are but there are creams and lotions that reduce the visibility of scars. I have two pretty big surgery scars. One on my neck and one on my right shoulder. Both of which I am shy about. So I try to keep them covered as much as possible. If I can find these remedies, I'm going to give them a shot.

I would not worry like others have said here if you need to use some sort of make up cream over it. Some years ago I had an accident with a high speed circular saw and lost part of one finger, and there's nothing I can do about that but getting to the point I do not think on the whole that people go round looking on purpose to see who has got scars or whatever on their legs and/or arms. I go out quite a lot with my nails varnished and at checkouts and other places nobody appears to notice. You can tell if someone has noticed by the expression on their faces.
    Also a long while ago I had a problem with my knee when out walking it would give way suddenly. Did any body look at me? no.
    So just go for it and worry not, we are what we are, we notice and sometimes we are conscious of our blemishes but do others think any the less of us? no.

I have all kinds of scars on my legs. I wear stockings. Now I have pretty legs.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

One total hip replacement and a laparoscopic gall bladder removal over the last few years has left me with more than a few scars on the old bod now. I thought they were going to bother me, but they don't. Everybody has lumps, bumps, and scars. It's just normal to have them.. I would not worry about yours. Just the other day when I was getting a pedicure at the salon I use, I saw a GG lady sitting in the chair across from me getting herself one. She was wearing capri pants and she had a good sized portion of her lower calf muscle missing from her right leg, (I didn't ask but must have been a nasty accident if I had to guess). So I said to myself, if she can do it, my scars are nothing.....

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by michelleddg View Post
    What Tracii said. Dermablend. If they can handle this they can handle your scar:

http://www.dermablend.com/brand-vide...yond-the-cover

Hugs, Michelle
    Yes, the Leg and Body Cover is the specific product. I bought some a while back, but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. I have some scaring on my lower legs and ankles that is noticeable through up to maybe 30-40 denier hose which would be about semi-opaque. I've been wearing patterned hose so that's enough to be visually confusing so one doesn't focus on the scaring. The product is used in conjunction with their Setting Powder. When I start wearing sheer hose again I'll use it.

I have tried Sally Hanson Air Brush, with is also in a tube. It doesn't need an application of a setting powder as it just dries. I'm assuming it is water based. It is not a complete cover up for me, but it does take a lot of the intensity out of the discoloration. However, it really isn't buildable and they warn against multiple coats.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    They make makeup specially for legs that is easier to work with than Dermablend. You could also try a concealer called "Colortration" which covers with the same opacity as Dermablend but is very light and goes on with a little brush like model paint.
    DERMABLEND has been my main line of cosmetics for about the last year or so. It essentially applies like anything else as long as you follow the instructions:

Heat the product with your fingertip to allow the creme to soften which will allow the product to become more blendable.

In their videos, they show applying a bit to the back of your hand and rubbing it to bring it up to body temperature. Then you basically use it as an artist would use a painting palette. The old formulations were VERY stiff as I understand, but the recent ones are quite usable.

However, the Leg and Body Cover doesn't need to be brought up to temperature. You just apply it.

DeeAnn