Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do you turn to in times of need and support?

Who do you turn to in times of need and support?

Sometimes family are the ones to go to but what if you have no family, like me only a son and daughter who I can not tell for various reasons? The answer to this is found quite readily. I turn to you my friends here. A trusted few I have told of my life's anguish (one in particular) and what I received back was just wonderful sympathy and support but also kindly advice on how to go forward and how to get over a particular problem.
    I have been brought back from the very brink of life by you lovely people. I find here now all I need in life regarding warmth understanding and kind feelings. Who needs anything else? I have all I want right here amongst you all.
    And by the way HAPPY CHRISTMAS and hugs to you all from the bottom of my heart.

I'm glad to hear that your found some support here.. We are all here for that. I too thank the forums and the people here within for the advise I read daily.
    Merry Christmas to all.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

I have the forums that I turn to and some close friends and family who support and accept me for who I am. I'm pretty sure AlleyKat has quickly become one of my new besties
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Glad you have found friendship here because we all know how hard this is on many of us.
    I'm glad your here and Merry Christmas to you

Platinum Member
    Hi Bobbi, It's like I said ," When you are here , You are home" . ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

You gals are all I have in regards to crossdressing. I consider it a godsend finding this place about 6+ months ago, and being brave enough to join about a month ago. It has been a tremendous source of help and inspiration to me. I have been doing this (crosdressing to some degree or another) for over 35 years and finding you girls and your stories that were so similar to mine has given me hope and the feeling of not being alone and not so strange after all. Thank you ALL so much!!! You are all my heroes!!

Your right! and a great place to vent. Nothing like real life experience advice. You thanked us, I would like to thank you.

Could use some support right now as it is. It's really bad right now. Like VERY bad.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Bobbi that is what we are all here for.
    I'm glad you found help.
    Danielle honey whats the matter?

Bobbi, a wise friend once pointed out to me that there is the family you are born into and the family you acquire. Hopefully we're the family you have acquired and we'll be there for you through everything. Have a Merry Christmas and a great and positive New Year.

Transphobic parents!!
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

Merry Christmas bobbi

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    All my family know but my conversations are limited, I have some friends that know but you have to learn they have a limit too, the forum allows us to discuss, vent and have some fun. I totally share your view and would like to return your best wishes and hope the new year brings you closer to your family and better acceptance of your CDing .

Aspiring Member
    Ain't no way in the world I could lean on family when down about this. First thing they'd do is have a prayer session and start laying hands on me to deliver me. And to be honest, there are times when I might welcome that. I'm convinced what one needs is a support network of others who have to deal with these gender issues whatever they may be. A friend of mine said once "we girls have got to stick together" and I haven't forgotten that. It's true. It really is us against the world.
    If you can possibly meet some others in person and share yourself with them it will help a lot.

Gold Member
    Only my wife knew about my desires to dress, now that she passed on, I wish I had some one to talk to
    once in a while. This forum helps, but a one on one conversation is still the best.
    I have dated a few women, but I do not think I could be as close to anyone as I was with my wife.
    When I try to hint to someone, all I get is a big negative response, So I do not go their.
    Rader

About crossdressing and transgender feelings, I have no one IRL to talk to about it. Just here. About 'normal' problems, I have two friends I can call at any time, day or night. And I'm not going to mess that up by dumping my crossdressing secret onto them, and making THEM deal with it. It's not their issue. And I won't force them to be responsible for keeping a secret that I do, just to make myself feel better.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

When I'm in need to support i turn to my daughter she is by far the most supported person in my life.

Nobody. I am very much alone in life. I am unmarried, no kids and my family are all deceased. I have work colleagues and acquaintances with whom I socialize on occasion, but I have no one I would dare burden with my troubles. I must face every defeat and obstacle alone. I either triumph or I am finished. I wish I had people or institutions in my life to lean on occasionally for support. I have no faith and no hope, so even those delusional sources of strength are not available to me.

Living like this is extremely difficult, but I am perpetually reminded that it is all my fault alone and alone I must correct all of it. If I don't tend to my own needs and well being, who will? So, I regain my composure, stuff the sorrow or disappointment, and go about lifting myself out of the pit again. If you do this enough and succeed enough, you realize that you don't need others. Not needing others makes you entirely unloveable. And that's fine if you know nothing different.

I don't need no stinking support! Lol. Pretty much self reliant and self sufficient.

My wonderful girly friend and my momma! Im not out to my mom but as a teenager i was caught with my sisters clothes a few times and when i was resistant to talk about it she dropped it. I 100% know that she would be totally ok with it and I think I will probably tell her in the near future. I will wait for a good time such as when we're driving together so that we don't get half way through our conversation and then get interupted. I think its slipped her mind over the decade and a half but when I bring it up the memories of those times will come back to her. Oh yah, and definately all of you lovely ladies.

Silver Member
    I have a wonderful therapist when family isn't the best answer. Not cheap but very effective (NO, I'm not going to get cured, can't happen).

I turn to my panties for support.

Yeah, being real dudes, many of us don't play well with others, as in are social midgets.

Can't talk to my wife, I get called disgusting. Can't talk to anyone else as they don't know. I had one gg friend and I let that slip for fear that my wife would find out and get jealous.

This forum is a tremendous help in many ways. Foremost, I have found that I'm not alone in my lifelong desire to dress. There are too many other ways you all help me to list and I appreciate this forum greatly.

Merry Christmas all and I hope I didn't offend anyone by saying that.

A bit like Karen here, maybe not so militant but I am my best support.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    This site at best. I don't have much human support proper offline. I say this as I have also tried to talk to God (let's leave it at that). Granted, a few of my friends don't mind but don't support it or even crossdress themselves. I'm faced with a NIMBY attitude within the family in the long term.

i have my wife, i have friends, i have colleagues, a strong network, and some friends here too. I don't consider the forum per se to be friendly due to the autocratic imperial nature that comes down from on high at times. More carrot and less stick would make this place friendlier. There's too many things considered taboo also. However, make friends here and discuss in PM's rather than in the open forum.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er