Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Do you think that the desire to CD starts in early childhood?

It all started early for me, pre school age, watching my mother get dressed applying her make up. I just had to try it so when I had the chance I put one of her dresses on and I was hooked.

I can remember before this time though always wanted to wear a dress or something femme.
    I have aways identified with the lead woman on TV and at the movies, never with the lead male actors.
    I always wanted to be like Katherine Hepburn when I grew up.

Rosie
    Last edited by Rosemary+; 03-29-2016 at 11:45 PM.

Which came first - the chicken or the egg? Did I become girly because I was called girly, or was I called girly because I was girly?!

It would be easy to blame early outside influences as the cause. Lets face it, Jeannie, Samantha, Ginger, Mary Ann, Wonder Woman, and many others were certainly adored by me as a young boy probably more for the clothes they wore than any other reason. I truly believe that I came off of the assembly line this way. I was very confused about why until one day a catalyst started me on my journey. I had seen my mother dressing before, helped her with zippers on a few occassions, and once in a Corselette and stockings before she had her dress on. That really made me curious and I wondered what that must feel like. One day after a shower, there it was, one of her Corselette's in the laundry basket. After drying off I quickly pulled it on and it felt wonderful. That is the day my journey started. Other people might take longer to realize they are inclined this way, maybe they kind of know but go to the other extreme to deny it, or possibly just waiting for the right catalyst to set things in motion on a one way journey because once you start there is no stopping.

Im 48 now and my earliest memory has to be around age 4 or 5, at Gran mas with high heel boots, I have never quit, I love high heel boots and have always been fascinated with stilettos in general. That progressed to lingerie then to foundations and then to clothing, I have allready bought a dress to meet up with another cd'er lol, I also just bought a clutch handbag... Id have to assume I will only keep progressing. I do like being male also though. I am happy being me in general and I do like my girly stuff very much. Id like to think I can pass, maybe sometime on the future I'll have a makeup/wig session. I need to have priorities though, so some things will just have to wait for now.
    I know I realized recently I own more womens clothes than mens. I am quite fine with that.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Banned Read only
    It does start early (like in the womb, literally...absorbed twin, mosaic Kleinfelters syndrome anyone 😉 ? )

That said though, you have to be at least or 21 to CD! 😡 (but only 18 in Canada 😉 )

It was certainly early for me, my mother's slips and girdles with stockings attached too easy to slide into while she talked on the phone. Early 60s slips. Lacy and silky. I also recall a time when I was to attend a birthday party - age 5 or 6 - and because at swim practice that day I "swam like a girl", I had to wear a kind of native American costume designed for girls. It was a kind of dress for punishment. I do wonder if my proclivity to dress as female daily is a form of self punishment, like the endorphin rush from self cutting but with less blood. Should I see a therapist? Joni

One thing I miss from my youth was all of the nicely colored girdles that were available back then which my mom had quite a few of and I of course took every opportunity to try them all. All of the floral colored ones, the blues, pinks, yellows, greens....etc. Today you get black, white, or beige. My earliest memory of dressing was at age 6 but I was looking through department store catalogs in the womens sections at about the age of 5.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post
    For me it started at a very young age, perhaps around 4 or 5. I have a clear memory of when I began to take an interest in dressing in slips, nightgowns and girdles etc.,. For me it was also very sexually arousing. I loved to be near women and enjoyed the smell and the look and envied their lovely interesting clothes. Lingerie stores were places of great attraction and sexual excitement. To this day I am aroused by the feel and look of fine lingerie and I love the look of lace. I dressed as often as I could from a young age. Was it imprinted or triggered by something or was it latent and awaiting a trigger? I don't know but at this point in my life I really don't care as I accept and enjoy being a cross dresser.
    Consuelo , For me it started when I was crib bound at a young age.My elderly aunt who lived with us took care of my brother and myself because both of our parents worked. She use to put on her bra , panties , and clothes in front of us. She was very busty and to this day I can still see clearly in my mind her fitting those big beauitiful breasts into a white playtex bra , and pulling up the white satin panties, she wasn't shy so it was not a big deal for her. Skip a few years in my early teens , try on my mothers swimsuit top and got a really aroused.Got married had kids and cross dressed sporadically for many years , but was put on the back burner. Got caught by my wife about 10 years ago, she was not too pleased.I'am now in mid 60's and the urge for me to cross dress and release my self came back strongly a few years ago.I have been buying myself clothes in the last year and it feels pretty comfortable going into women's thrift shops and buying stuff.I have always loved and got aroused looking at women's clothes and sexy things that girls wear all my life.I do it in private and really enjoy it and it feels good to release myself because my sex life is non existent at this time.Thanks for listening ,Devone

Yes it start in early childhood for me. No trauma. I just loved the look and feel of lingerie since early childhood and wanted to be wrapped in femininity. I would get and still do get more of a sexual charge looking at a lingerie catolog than an open crotch Hustler mag

I tried starting a thread on the following idea but the thread went way off track. I'll explain the idea again briefly. Most people are born right handed due to the makeup of the brain, and some left handed. Being left handed is therefore a natural phenonmenon. It is now considered harmful to force a left handed person to become right handed. Along similar lines, due to the makeup of the brain, perhaps 5% of the male population are born with a strong feminine side making them CDs. This too is a natural phenomenon and would also be harmful to force a CD to change.

I think that it does start in early childhood, I am sure mine did

Quote Originally Posted by PattyT View Post
    perhaps 5% of the male population are born with a strong feminine side making them CDs.
    The problem with that idea is, we don't have 'sides'; that implies multiple personality disorder.

It's all what we are; all the feelings, all the desires, all the underlying urges to dress up and behave as women, all the thoughts we try to suppress because we don't want to accept it for what it is. Trying to distance ourselves from it by referring to it as a 'side', or assigning those emotions to a fictional third person female name, is all just an attempt to avoid being connected with femininity, most likely because we were brought up in a society where that was not acceptable under ANY circumstances. The word part that we all run away from screaming, with our fingers in our ears, is HOMO. Very, very few of us can accept that we have any homosexual desires because it's simply not allowed, every straight man in the world will insist that he'd rather be dead than gay. It's so ingrained into our minds, and has been for so long, that it's not likely to change. We grow up believing something, it becomes like a part of us, we'd just as soon cut off an arm as discard our beliefs.

"We have met the enemy, and she is us". Paraphrased from Pogo, 1971
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 04-03-2016 at 10:25 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Sometime-miss stated,
    "The problem with that idea is, we don't have 'sides'; that implies multiple personality disorder."
    There is definitely a problem with referring to using phrases as "espressing our female side" and the like. I've seen good arguments about this and frankly am not happy about using the words "female side" or "female aspect". It's hard to come up with something better. When I read about naval history or warship design, topics I find exhilarating, I'm not expressing my "male side", just reading what interests me. When en femme,I'm merely wearing the clothes I like best, not really expressing a "female side."
    What we do is very much an integral part of us and is not a multiple personality disorder. I feel that I'm my real self only when I'm en femme. I'm just playing a role when in drab, hiding the real me. Being en femme is not really expressing a side of me but is the real me. Period.
    Perhaps someone can come up with a more acceptable term to describe males having to dress in female attire, if we need a term at all. This might be turned into an intersting thread.
    Last edited by PattyT; 04-04-2016 at 12:34 AM.

I started at the age of 7.
    Ellie May 😘

I have a vague recollection of the daughters of family friends visiting and dressing me in girls clothes when I was little, maybe 4-5 years old. I have many sisters, my parents divorced, and I was always envious of the times my sisters and mom got dressed in my mom's bedroom. I just wanted to be part of the inner circle, and be one of the girls. To this day, I prefer to socialize with women. When I was young, there was no attention or fuss given to my clothes except for the first day of school or the occasional wedding. I wanted to be in my mom' bedroom, trying on clothes, getting that attention for how l looked. My cross dressing played a more prominent role as puberty walked thru the door. The "nylon gene" was obvious. I loved the feeling of silky, satiny and nylon-y lingerie against my skin. I was extremely envious and curious that my closest cousin needed a training bra, so much so that I "stole" the boxed bra, sneaking the boxed bra into the bathroom after she come home from the store. To make a long story short, it was found and I'm sure I was the only suspect. When tried on my first bra, it just felt normal. Feeling the straps on my shoulders just felt right. My family thought I was going to be a girl; my parents only had a girl's name ready when I was born. For some reason, knowing that has always played on my mind. Lots of what-ifs, but also feeling like my birth was not strictly a birth of a son. It was the birth of a person who has floated across the gender spectrum. So yes, the desire started early, but the desire has always been with me at some level of intensity.

My desire to CD definitely started when my sisters dressed me,against my will,in one of my mothers dresses&heels.Strangely,the experience left an imprint on my mind,as I
    had experienced different clothing,which was silky soft&light&felt incredible against my skin.After that,I began sneaking into mothers closet,after everyone left&began trying on
    all of her clothes,her dresses,skirts,blouses,shoes,heels.etc

Started around 8 years old for me, way before puberty. Always tried to look fem, long nails, diamond wedding ring etc etc, but only recently started full on dressing because I'm in my 50's now and life's too short not to.

Aspiring Member
    The desire certainly started early for me, probably as early as 3 yrs old when I was interested in moms girdles & nylons.

We are all attracted to the opposite sex (or the same sex) it is a normal art of our sexuality. Very necessary for perpetuation of our species. Various fetishes are a part of that. Rubber, leather, damsels in distress. As Confucius said, wearing of women's clothes stimulates the same type of pleasurable feeling we get from just being in close proximity to an attractive woman.
    No need for the "imprinting" theory.

It is no accident that "damsel in distress" scenes occur often in movies. Movie makers know how intense are the feelings in the audience.

My crossdressing desires began with my envy of girls when I was 7 or 8. I liked what I saw and perceived. Smooth legs, pretty faces, gorgeous hair, gentle natures. I wanted all of that because, as my mother and aunt had inadvertently pointed out many, many times, "Girls are better than boys." That message stuck and I have believed it for my entire life. Women were nicer, cleaner, gentler and so thoroughly admired, while boys were just tolerated. Problems arise when you eventually meet girls and women who are not that ideal, and my disappointment is always visceral. Makes me a sexist, I suppose. But I love women so much, I'd like to be one... from time to time.

Started in early childhood for me. I realised when I was five or six that I liked girls clothes more than my own. 57 years later I still feel the same.

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    It did not start until around age 50 for me. If I had even the thought of it when I was young I would of had been severly beaten by my mother then ridiculed by the whole family. I guess it became safe after everyone was gone.

It did with me, My earliest memories go back to 4 or 5. I have always been fascinated with high heel boots. the longest Ive ever quit has been around a year and done that twice.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

I cant speak for all, but CD in my life was not the result of trauma or drama. 8 years old, I fished out tights and a skirt from moms closet, and loved them. And you would never guess by the way I carry myself after all these years. One time, while wearing that, my yo brother and I wrestled and pinned me between the mattress, and the box-spring, THAT is when I discovered I liked bondage also.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    Reine - I suspect there are as many women who crossdress as men, maybe even a lot more. A guy who wears female underwear is a crossdresser. A woman who wears boxers is cool. A woman in male attire is OK and she does not carry a label of crossdresser. Even in youth, girls who dress like boys are usually accepted and simply called "tom-girls". Boys who even try to wear anything considered female, however, are teased or bullied as sissies or gay or feminine.
    Yes, but when women wear men's clothes, they aren't feeling like they are portraying men, or want to be a man, or want to present as a man. When my wife runs out of underwear and borrows a pair of mine, there's no psychological baggage associated with it. she's just behind on her laundry. when I wear a pair of hers, even if was because I ran out, there's a whole different level of feeling that's associated. I doubt few gg's have any association with gender bending when wearing guy clothes.