Thread: Sephora Trip

Sephora Trip

Wow! I had such an amazing and incredible day! Woke up and really felt there was no way I could possibly go through with my makeover. My wife firmly kept saying that I was going and that I would be fine. I was like OMG!!!! But started to get ready and texted Lisa about what the plan was and warned her I was a total basket case. She told me to go get a drink and that I'd be fine. So I went and got a glass of coconut water vodka (YUM!) and sat in the tub at 9am. I started calming down. Got dressed in my outfit, a cute sweater and denim jeggings. Lisa later commented that my outfit was perfect. Lisa got to the house and my wife came out to say hi. Lisa said afterwards we're going to do lunch right? Oh boy looks like we are making a day of it. As a side note someone asked if I should postpone to go with my wife. My wife is incredibly accepting and originally was suppose to be going with me but she had a commitment at our son's school. And her best friend, Lisa, loves make-up (apparently she is a VIB Rogue member) and has been having a lot going on. So my wife knew that Lisa would have a blast and she thought it would be good for the both of us.
    When we got to Sephora I was really horribly nervous so Lisa took over. We found my make-up artist (it actually turns out she was the supervisor for all the make-up artists). All I can say is she was so incredible, I quickly got comfortable and explained I wanted an everyday look and then to go full on vamp. She took so much time explaining everything and when I thought something didn't work she would change it up. Other make-up artists kept coming up to see what see was doing and would comment how good I looked. Lisa could not get over how well I looked and would give me tips on what things I should get and what I could get cheaper and would be just as good. Even the customers, including the guys, really seemed to not have an issue. But I will say there was a mother whose daughter was getting a mini-makeover was snickering and giving dirty looks. Lisa saw her too and said if the woman said or did anything she was going to step in. Frankly, at that point I was so comfortable and in such a good place it didn't bother me.
    So the appointment was suppose to be 45 mins., almost 2 and a half hours later we finished up. Really blew my mind how time flew. I spent a fortune by the way and just had an incredible day. The unfortunate thing was it took so long that we needed to rush home. I thank Lisa and we were both disappointed that it couldn't go on but I now have a coupon for a free makeover that I have to use in 90 days and we are planning to do it again with maybe pedicures for both of us. Got home and got to show my wife. She was amazed and kept saying "I can't believe how good you look!" We talked about the day and I'd showed her the haul. She was really happy for me and called Lisa to thank her. If any of you are thinking about doing it go for it.

Hi Jaime! First off, congratulations! I'm very happy it all went well. I must say you are far braver than I am...I just had my makeup adventure but chose to do it in stealth mode and with help, so you have my utmost respect for being brave! I've thought so many times about sitting in that chair and always chickened out...visions of my boss's wife seeing me, or one of my wife's friends, or a neighbor. You've got chutzpah, girl!

Cheers

Gretchen

Banned Read only
    It's amazing how every story shared here ends WITHOUT the world crashing in. Man, what we do to ourselves! Good on you Jamie!

Gretchen;
    Thanks it was an incredible trip but your fear was a constant though until I was in the moment. I kept telling my wife what if I ran into our next store neighbors or something. Once I was there, the experience was so much it just went to the back of my mind. Lisa told me earlier to just tune everyone but her and the makeup artist out, the moment was so fun and the artist so engaging that all the worries melted away. But I really am still well in the closet, just three people know.
    Honestly people I don't know I really just don't care if they have issues. I am not impacting them and if they have an issue it is something they need to deal with. I probably really didn't understand that until today after the makeover. When I got up from that chair and walked out into a crowded mall a week before Christmas with a fully done face. I really felt pretty (realize I have short hair and don't wear a wig) but my face was incredible. More then a couple women looked at me and really smiled not a you look funny but a wow you look great type of smile (or that is how I am choosing to take them but it did not feel like they were amused).

Banned Read only
    Congratulations Jamie, I'm so glad you went through with it and it worked out so well 😊

Glad you had such a great time Jamie, and thanks for sharing your experience with us. Getting a makeover at a Sephora is now officially on my 2016 "To Do" list. Always good to see what someone with talent can do for us.

Karen

That's fantastic that it went so well for you. Maybe one day I'll have enough courage to do something like that.

I agree with Jennifer here, no knives and pitchforks, only an annoying little girl and her mum.

I do love taking these type of people on. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Wow sounds like fun! So what all did you get in your haul, any items you suggest, brands, colors? Are you planning on now doing your own makeup? Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad you had a great time! Friday (yesterday) at 12:00 I was also sitting in what Heidi Stephens calls the "big girl" chair " at the Sephora in Short Pump, Va. My 45 minutes was at least an hour and a half. In the end I felt beautiful and also spent a TON of money. It sooo much fun!! We would love to see a picture of your transformation (and if you post yours, I will post mine.)
    Please call me Lisa!

Yeah Lisa glad to know we did it together!. I am still glowing about the expirence. Tonight after my son goes down my wife and I are having a girly night. Game plan is I will get ready and then we will just hang out and watch Trainwreck together.
    Sorry ladies but at this point I am so still to shy to post pics. Maybe some time but I am in a lot of ways still in the kiddie pool of all this. And I honestly I need to loose a lot of weight!
    So what did I get..... A LOT, but some of the big things, the Urban Decay palette 2, Kay Von D vampira lipstick (yum so totally vamp), got a glitter for my eyes that you mix and gives a nice look. Lisa loved that so much she got some for herself. And then so much more foundation, contouring and blush.