Thread: More shopping adventures

More shopping adventures

I'm doing all my Christmas shopping en femme this year. It's mostly no big deal, but every once in a while ...

I went to Old Navy for a gift card, and when I went to pay with my credit card, the clerk said "I need to see your card and your ID please." So I gave her my drivers license with its very bad male-mode picture of me. The clerk looked at my picture and said "Is he here in the store with you?" I replied "'He' is standing right here in front of you." The clerk got all embarrassed and apologized. Note the emphasis here. The clerk was embarrassed. I was not. She apologized. I did not. Isn't that the way it should be?

One small step . . . .

Good for you. Politely and firmly standing our ground is an excellent tactic. Well done, my dear.

Best,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Good response and hopefully a great learning experience for the clerk.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Wow really cool Cynthia, I'm sure you felt great with that response.

That I believe is called "owning it". No shame in your game.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

You did well

Platinum Member
    Hi Cynthia, A lesser lady would've shriveled up and died right on the spot. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Wow Cynthia , Good for you. Nice way to know you pass.
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

My main point here is, that if I can do this sort of thing, then so can you!

Good for you! You kept your cool and handled it quite nicely without intentionally embarrassing the clerk.
    Di

Cynthia,

You are obviously experienced and skilled. Wish I could have observed. Thanks for giving us more confidence.

Silver Member
    Not bad, I think I would have added, I'll consider it a complement. It might have eased her embarrassment, without weakening your position.
    As for your blanket statement that since your circumstances permit this approach then it applies to all of us, I suggest you worry/deal with your part of the world and let others here worry/deal with theirs.

What a great story! You handled it perfectly and confidently. I don't think I could have.