Yes, I wish that was me in my avatar. But no, I'm not that young, pretty or slim. I'm not particularly old or ugly, nor am I brave enough to show my face yet.

After seeing so many people here dressing so nicely, and very age appropriate, I get a bit bothered by the fact that while I have and do dress in age appropriate clothes, I've been attracted to younger generation fashions quite a lot lately.

Miniskirts, short dresses (I can fit into some juniors' 13 or XL sizes if there is a bit of stretch). Stuff a good 30 years too young for me. I don't wear these items out... I'm not trying to pass as a 20 something or a teen.

But there are some awfully cute dresses and outfits available for younger people. Now I know that GGs also sometimes have issues with age appropriate dressing, I'm not trying to artificially recreate that. The dress i'm wearing now: Black, sleeveless stretch knit top with a teacup-type skirt striped with alternating horizontal perforated faux leather stripes and more stretch knit fabric. Social/party type dress- not school/work.

It looks adorable on smaller models, at size 13/14- meh. And in my male torso shape- I'd never wear it outside. But I love the style.

So what is the issue really? I'm not even sure what questions to ask... I do like getting a bit overdressed while just hanging around the house (especially during the Christmas Break), I would imagine more than a few of us also do the same.

I guess part of me is worried about being seen as some kind of letch, trying to associate with people inappropriately younger than me, but I just said I don't go out like this! It's almost like some kind of weird archeo-CD-guilt or something...

Does anyone else care to comment? Anyone else dress like this?

I know as we grow older, we do try to project a youthful image of sorts in defense of aging, I don't think that is specifically what i am doing, or at least not the majority why i am doing it.