Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fictional princesses as influence?

Fictional princesses as influence?

This might come of as a bit of a childish question to some, but where there any princesses from movies or TV who impressed you when you were younger and have had some kind of influence on your crossdressing, like maybe seeing them made you want to dress up? I'm thinking mainly Disney princesses but there are others as well of course. For me personally it was mostly Megara from Hercules and Odette from The Swan Princess who made a certain impression but at the time it was hard to say what it was exactly (although I figured later they made me feel more in touch with my feminine side), but it was Belle and later Rapunzel who really made me wanna go to my mom's closet and dress up.

Perhaps Aurora from Sleeping Beauty

Hard to say but I am definitely buying a princess shirt as soon as I move out. I also plan to decorate my room with a collage of Disney princesses. Every girl wants their day in the sun, including me
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by MissDanielle View Post
    Hard to say but I am definitely buying a princess shirt as soon as I move out. I also plan to decorate my room with a collage of Disney princesses. Every girl wants their day in the sun, including me
    Why noy immediately go for a princess dress?

I'll get there eventually...

How about "Red Sonja" (Brigitte Nielson)? (film)
    Or, Xena, Warrior Princess (Lucy Lawless)? (tv)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    How about "Red Sonja" (Brigitte Nielson)? (film)
    Or, Xena, Warrior Princess (Lucy Lawless)? (tv)
    Not your typical princesses but sure. I prefer the girly ones personally

Interesting question. I never felt that princesses (Disney or otherwise) compelled or even influenced me to dress, but I will admit to admiring the animated version of Cinderella. Mostly for the transformation aspects, discovering who you are or can be. While looking great too!

Or Altaira Morbius from The Forbidden Planet? She had awesome dresses.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I'd like to be a real life Princess in the UK, simply because you don't have to work for a living.

Unfortunately, I'm more Princess Fiona.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I'm not sure that "inspired by..." would be the right term but my mind sure went to some familiar places when I saw the ball scene in the recent Cinderella movie.

Lacy PJs

Ha!! Xena Warrior Princess fits very well with both side of my personality. Look gorgeous and Kick ass! Yep yep!!

Speaking of that ...

Becky: Unfortunately, I'm more Princess Fiona.
    Well at least Fiona's boyfriend has a nice .. Ass ... right

- Suzie

Platinum Member
    Actually, it is June Cleaver of "Leave It to Beaver" fame.

I'm a cross between Ursula (the Little Mermaid) and Cruella de Vil.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica_brink View Post
    ...but it was Belle and later Rapunzel who really made me wanna go to my mom's closet and dress up.
    'Beauty & the Beast' was released around the same time as I started crossdressing in my early teens. While not a direct influence, I do recall looking at Belle's yellow gown and wishing I could wear it ( or even be turned into Belle ).
    Rapunzel's dress from 'Tangled' is gorgeous. In fact, I was looking at various reproductions of it on eBay recently and pondering getting one. I've always loved the various Disney princess dresses but have never bought a cosplay version of any of them. A reproduction of Snow White's dress in satin would be sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by Midasgirl View Post
    'Beauty & the Beast' was released around the same time as I started crossdressing in my early teens. While not a direct influence, I do recall looking at Belle's yellow gown and wishing I could wear it ( or even be turned into Belle ).
    Rapunzel's dress from 'Tangled' is gorgeous. In fact, I was looking at various reproductions of it on eBay recently and pondering getting one. I've always loved the various Disney princess dresses but have never bought a cosplay version of any of them. A reproduction of Snow White's dress in satin would be sublime.
    I know right? It's their gorgeous dresses that made wanna dress up. Belle's ball gown is the most feminine thing you could think of, and I love Rapunzel's pink dress too.

Aspiring Member
    I never could relate at all to any of the Disney animated films in the Disney Princess canon. Rewatching them when I got older and hopefully wiser didn't help.

Ironically, I would have rared for one of those dress-up costumes available in the department store. Just that I never said out loud at that point (and I imagine exaggerated disgust on the part of my parents!).

Cinderella was an influence thinking back. I used to watch a few disney movies and i was amazed by the dresses and how beautiful they were.
    Ellie May 😘

It was only slight at the time, but I would say Belle had the biggest influence out of them. Right to the point where I was able to obtain one for myself earlier in the year. Needs some minor tweaking, but it is so incredible to wear and I do feel like a princess in it!

Reality Check
    Nope. The "princess" thing never impressed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Nope. The "princess" thing never impressed me.
    Me neither.

Superheroines, on the other hand, I loved, even if they tended to be a bit useless except as eye candy.

My main influence is Princess Vespa. She's self-rescuing!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AllieBellema View Post
    It was only slight at the time, but I would say Belle had the biggest influence out of them. Right to the point where I was able to obtain one for myself earlier in the year. Needs some minor tweaking, but it is so incredible to wear and I do feel like a princess in it!
    Ah so that's where your name comes from Do you have a pic of that?

It's more related to my love for Southern Belle dresses actually, just coincidental that Belle is my favorite Disney princess as well.

Pic is with my black wig, I need to get new ones done with my brown wig. Once I get myself well situated in my new house. Sadly, the skirt has been a bit of an issue as it seems like it's too long for my hoop skirt, but it still looks good in posing though!

(And don't mind the bit of chest hair sticking out, I hadn't had a chance to shave that when I took those pics.)

belle1.jpg

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Classic Cinderella and Snow White several times. (Probably do SW again next year at Disneyland.) At clubs and Disneyland. Several other random princess looks. Did Elsa this year.

I've been working on a sort of Xena look. More accurately, the princess in the John Carter on Mars movie. And, the ball scene in new Cinderella movie floored me! Gotta be her!

Elsa
    12188334_928471690572891_874160444_n (480x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!