Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be Carful Underdressing

Be Carful Underdressing

Back in September I was involved in a car accident and broke my left leg. Let's just say I wear a uniform and leave it go at that. I under dress a lot. Fortunately this particular day I did not. The only thing feminine I had on were knee high stockings. They make pulling a pair of boots on a lot easier. I have no memory of the actual accident. Some vague memories such as being on a helicopter, being in the emergency room, someone cutting off my clothes, my daughter being there, etc. I am very thankful that I was not wearing anything feminine under my uniform. I never ever expected to be in an accident. I probably will not be under dressing from now on. Too risky.

Banned Read only
    Heather ,
    Does it really matter, we shouldn't feel ashamed of what we wear, the thing to be careful of is we didn't cause an accident because of wearing heels when driving. I've done it in 4" heeled boots and it felt someone had moved the pedals !
    I hope you fully recovered from your accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Anne View Post
    Let's just say I wear a uniform and leave it go at that..
    I totally understand... Wearing a uniform from time to time myself, it's difficult to bring the fem with you with all the potential hazards- makes me kinda angry having to be so sneaky, but ones livelihood weighs heavy against other considerations
    Last edited by Katey888; 12-22-2015 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Fixed quote box

I underdressed all the time and I don't care if I'm found out. The way I figure it is it's just panties it's not as if I'm breaking the law.

If you're shaved smooth, you already brought the fem with you, an extra pair of panties isn't going to hurt anything.
    Kate

If you wear a uniform then there is obviously a dress code so the question is does the dress code or uniform standard say anything about what is worn underneath. If not, I don't think you need worry about being fired. Just the usual consequences should you be found out. My two cents. Personally I love underdressing, but I don't wear and kind of uniform,

Jackie

It does, but pretty much uninforceable - the real issue is the blowback from other folks in uniform finding out / dont want to speak for anyone else but the uniform services don't really enjoy the same freedoms as your average person, legal or not, it's an unwritten code of conformity that can take a heavy toll on ones career and life
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-22-2015 at 12:48 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    For anyone in the military or Police, getting caught in something sweet is the last thing needed, least of all for being the butt of all gags for the rest of time. Maybe a slight exaggeration, but it'll certainly feel like an eternity.

From what I hear in the States (not totally, but sufficiently high in likelihood), jobs can be snuffed out in the blink of an eye for minor infractions of code be they written/unwritten, so I can understand the cautious approach. I always wear my girl undies and quite often have my toenails painted, but I'm civilian IT these days.

Becky
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-22-2015 at 12:49 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Becky

Depends where in "the States" you are speaking of. The Northeast and West tends to be more liberal, especially as relates to government employment. Also many large corporations are TG friendly. Other parts of the country hit or miss. Of course as always there are exceptions to the above statements. I agree with you on a cautious approach though. Better to survey the scene before going forward.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-22-2015 at 12:51 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above

I think it's one thing for a friend or co-worker to find you in fem but it's another if your family finds out. And I'm sure it can be hard explaining to your kids what's the whole deal.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I also wear a uniform every day for employment but, my female coworkers wear the same thing.
    Hmm, I wish they were cocktail servers.

Anyway, I would love to have full lingerie underneath but, it's just smooth and panties.
    Once we had a wellness event where everyone was taking off their shoes and socks to get a BMI check.
    I declined graciously. I think my toenails were red at the time.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Under dressing is a daily thing for me. Both bra and panties. I don't worry what may happen in an accident. If all that is worried about is my toe nails, panties or what ever instead of my well being, then there is an issue. Losing my job over a pair of panties, that's Petty. I know it happens, but we'd have to be flaunting them. Anyway, if in a medical emergency the issue is more about your underpants than your well being, there is other issues at hand in my opinion.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

If we're talking about the Military, it's important to note that most services still consider transgenderism to be a "disqualifying psychiatric condition" and can discharge you... While the winds feel to be shifting after don't ask don't tell, the policies remain on the books and enforcement is uncertain at best.

Banned Read only
    If I'm ever in an accident where they have to cut my clothes off the last thing I'm gonna worry about is what they think of what's underneath.

Aspiring Member
    The same could said for going out fully dressed as a woman.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    Years ago I had a friend who was an emergency room nurse. She told me they saw a large number of men wearing women's undergarments come through the emergency. She also said while they saw what people had on or didn't have on when they cutting clothes off them that that wasn't what they were thinking about at the time. What she said always reminded her of what they were wearing was they seemed to make an issue of where what they had on at the time went.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Recently I had an X-ray. This had been done many times. This time they asked to remove more than before. Surprise. No big deal.

Reality Check
    Wearing panties does mot equate to "transgenderism".

We all have different situations so one person's advice cannot be applied to everyone. If being caught wearing panties, a bra, makeup, etc. could cause you grief in your employment, you would be wise not to do it.

That's my advice. And it does apply to everyone.

be carefule

[ I have no memory of the actual accident. being in the emergency room, someone cutting off my clothes, my daughter being there, etc. I am very thankful that I was not wearing anything feminine I never ever expected to be in an accident. I probably will not be under dressing from now on. Too risky.[/QUOTE]

i just had a scare myself.

Apparently i spiked the bp to over 225 and ended up in the e.r.. The wife picked me up and took me there, but i have no memory of the 12 hours i was there. This included ct scan, mri, ekg. robotic doctor unit etc. I say this because this is a day i usually dress while wife is away, and for whatever reason i did not that day.

The last memory i have is at 0845, when i said goodbye to the wife as she left, until 9"00pm when i regained lucidity in the e.r., daughter and wife sitting there, iv's in the arm, most of my clothes gone, and plugged into a machine. i was in total confusion as to why i was there, what was going on, and what happened.

i have been very skittish about dressing since then. So, no, i have not been under-dressing lately.

Banned Read only
    All I can say is each person has to decide for themselves as to whether or not to under dress or even go out en femme. There is always an inherent risk in life that there may be some accident or medical emergency that will have someone end up in the emergency room. If the purpose of wearing women's clothing is for some sort of stress relief, then perhaps limiting dressing to the relatively safe environment of the home may be the best way to enjoy oneself. If one wants to throw caution to the wind and venture forth attired as a woman then fine.

There are many people who are down right hostile to gays and lesbians and anyone on the transgender spectrum. Sure, there are many areas of the country that protect the rights of transgenders in employment, housing, etc. My State of Washington is very progressive when it comes to all the fine legalities. However, that does not confer acceptance by the general population. There is always the consequences a person has to deal with if cross dressing is exposed. How will family react? Or church members? Or co-workers? Or neighbors?

For people such as me it is a matter of comfort and stress relief. I did try under dressing on occasion since it seems to be the thing to do. I found it over rated. I really had no sense I was wearing women's clothing at all. I guess I've progressed far enough that the type of clothing I may wear has no effect on the man within or the woman within.

Wear what you want, when you want. It's always risk v reward.

I've been to the emergency room twice underdressed. I ended up in the hospital both times, so no secrets. It wasn't a big deal, but it's been a long time since I wore a uniform, and I imagine that would make a difference.

It's just like Mom used to warn us about wearing clean underwear: "What if you're in an accident??"

Regardless of whether you are protected by law or not, or the policies of the employer. I dress for fun, occasionally. This part of my life is something I would not want to share with my run of the mill coworkers and acquaintances. I served in the military some time ago; I could just imagine. I think HeatherĀ“s concerns are valid.

Heather you are right. Mother always said put on clean undies you might be in an accident, I guess she was right. But she didn't say what kind of undies LOL.
    Hope you recovered well and in all honesty I don't think it is something that would come up after the accident but a bra might raise questions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Quote Originally Posted by Sallee View Post
    Mother always said put on clean undies you might be in an accident
    But ole' Cosby told us that it won't matter. 'When you're in an accident, first you say it, then you do it. So it won't matter if they were clean when you left the house anyway.' AFA real life 'wear' marks, well, again we can thank comedians, Redd Foxx told us 30 years later to stop wearing white underwear!
    That said, the underwear police don't work in emergency rooms. While they might think your choices of attire are crazy, no one will treat you any differently. They might giggle about it a little after you're gone, but that's about it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.