Thread: Name Change?

Name Change?

I am/was a burly masc 6' 3" 230lbs, more of a (fit) bear than anything else. I always found it kind of funny and sometimes confusing that this manly man had a secret.

But I was always a neck down dresser. So I never made "eye contact" in the mirror as it would always spoil the illusion happening in my head. I was Chrissy.

I could fill pages of the wonderful things that have happened since coming out to my SO last May. I'll jump to the chase:

She has helped me with shopping and makeup, and (one of my favorites): Accessories. Love my earrings and purse! lol

When I finally saw myself in the mirror, dressed top to bottom with makeup and wig, besides looking super hot, I finally finally after all those years, saw the girl/woman I'd been seeing in my head.

I can't explain why but I felt another person had finally come out and I named her Jessica. Has anyone else had this type of experience?

I had the same experience when I put on a wig/makeup as April.
    April felt really, I don't know, immature? I've grown my CD'ing to so much more that it feels I've grown, and the woman inside me has as well. Which I thought prompted a name change, but not quite yet.
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

Aspiring Member
    Been there done that. When I first adopted a female name, I chose Iris because of the eponymous song ("And I don't want the world to see me / cause I don't think that they'd understand").

When I finally started outing myself and getting outed and finding people who understood, I began rushing the entire process of full female presentation out. The name and identity I had conferred upon myself no longer applied.

I'm still a work in progress unfortunately. In other words, I genuinely don't feel Lily has bloomed completely yet. Long way to go even. But still, I don't feel Iris anymore.

Warm regards
    Lilian

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverTheStarlight View Post
    ...But still, I don't feel Iris anymore...
    Bit of a poke in the eye for Iris was it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy1966 View Post
    ...and I named her Jessica. Has anyone else had this type of experience?
    Picked like a rabbit out of the hat?

These two allegedly comedic lines are why I work in IT and not on stage. Names can come out of the blue, Rebecca did to me and I've grown to accept Becky as normative now. Jessica is one of those really gorgeous names that I like but you have to stick with one or two, or you begin to sound like a sports team first eleven.

I always say that putting on my wig is the icing on the cake for me and that's the point at which I really come alive. So yeah, I know exactly where you're coming from on the 'almost' rebirth experience.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk