Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how do you take off your shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    First of all, it's "blouse" or "top" not a "shirt" (for women). Just saying.
    Got it!

Ahem... I take my blouse off by unbuttoning it, actually. So there, smarty pants!

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    It depends on the size of the neckline.
    On this, I concur (in the "catch me if you can" sense of the word).

Hey Krisi, you got me started... you know how I get... :-)

Warmest regards to you and your family for the season.

-
    Kristin

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    if you're going to ask that, then how do you bend over/squat to get to something low? girly or boy-y?
    Depends on how tight of a skirt I'm wearing, and/or who is watching... If barefoot, I'll occasionally prehensile it like an orangutan.

Not particularly ladylike, I grant you, but easier on the old spine... :-/

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hmmm, not buying it, I don't think pulling of the shirt is gender related. I have always pulled off my shirts with no buttons the criss-cross arm method. I never thought it was particularly girly or CD related in anyway. It's how I've always done it. But i had an older sister so maybe I just copied. Now the button shorts is a different thing because of the buttons being on the other side. Does anyone have any Idea why clothes makers but male and female buttons and opposite sides? I have always wondered about that!

jennifer, I used to think the buttons being backwards was the biggest difficulty, but I think instead that it's the tiny size of them, trying to get those little things through those short little slits with big fat fingers.

Aspiring Member
    I ave been doing it the feminine all of my life and didn't even know it until now.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieMac View Post
    Now the button shorts is a different thing because of the buttons being on the other side. Does anyone have any Idea why clothes makers but male and female buttons and opposite sides? I have always wondered about that!

This is an easy one- because one had maids/help to do up the buttons for you. Ladies in waiting, etc. and all that. If someone else is dressing you, why not make it convenient for them? Right handers rule the day, and therefore the opposite side buttoning was established for the quintessential kept lady.

That is was kept on as tradition is simply an example of human/societal behavior... or just blame it on the British.

In mathematics, this is called chirality (handed-ness- [left-right]), and is a lot of fun for me in particular- I started threading my belt the other way when crossdressing. Why? Because it felt odd, and therefore became an item of notice: It got my attention. It reminded me that I was doing something different.

The upshot is- if the buttons (or otherwise) and not on the 'expected' side, you are wearing girls clothes! Wooo Hoo!

I wonder what aliens would make of this... seguing into the next thread....

wow...my dad used to say I smoked a cigarette like a girl. Now I find out I've been taking my shirt off like a girl all these years too.
    When will it all end?? Next they'll be telling me I take my panties off like a girl....geez....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I've done it all three ways but the last one is the usual way.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Krististeph View Post
    That is was kept on as tradition is simply an example of human/societal behavior... or just blame it on the British.
    In a number of the Asian countries the arrangements of buttons and zippers are what we think of as female, but it is the same for both male and female items.

Interesting anomaly:
    Gloria Vanderbilt jeans zip the same as male jeans. Was there something about Gloria that we didn't know?

Regarding taking off t-shirts and pullovers, I have to pull it over my head first. I don't have enough elbow and shoulder flexibility to do the bottom-up method.

DeeAnn

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    wow...my dad used to say I smoked a cigarette like a girl. Now I find out I've been taking my shirt off like a girl all these years too.
    When will it all end?? Next they'll be telling me I take my panties off like a girl....geez....
    Well I know I put my panties ON like a girl. Hmm, did I say that?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I usually use the cross arm method to remove my girl shirts but my wig always comes off with it.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I think it is a simple matter of anatomy. In guy mode we can reach back and pull our shirt off from back to front over our head because we don't have breasts to get in the way. With breasts you have to cross your arms and lift the blouse over them to get it off smoothly.

Having said that, I think our attitude toward our clothes and appearance change as a girl also though. We want to be more careful of taking care of our clothes and hair and makeup so we lift off more carefully.

I think it is a combination for me, wearing guy clothes I usually just grab the collar and pull up but if it is a tighter shirt then I will cross arm or pull my arms in then over my head. If I am wearing girl clothes it is always cross arm just due to the fabric stretching easily and getting it over the forms without everything getting all caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by KrissyP View Post
    I think it is a simple matter of anatomy. In guy mode we can reach back and pull our shirt off from back to front over our head because we don't have breasts to get in the way. With breasts you have to cross your arms and lift the blouse over them to get it off smoothly.

I was thinking about this exact thing a lot yesterday, as I was cutting up fallen branches <guy mode>. I got kind of sweaty, wearing a warm jacket (Lands End), and changed my shirt a few times, to observe. Sweaty shirt- Pull and lift the back (via arms over the shoulder), then loose the front (it was sticking from sweat)... then...

Wait... crap! I don't remember!

But with boobs- yeah i make the effort to avoid rasping against the nipples- even though they are not real.

I want to see how a platoon of female army recruits do this, versus a platoon of male army recruits do it!

Aspiring Member
    Great video.

Because I believe that even GGs had to learn their mannerisms from other GGs growing up (mothers, sisters, etc.), I have always studied women when I'm out, whether dressed or in drab... how women walk, stand, hold their heads, types of hair styles, accessories, clothes, shoes, etc. I figure I'm simply doing what girls have done since they were little - I'm just a little late doing so (lol). Since I want to blend as much as possible when I'm dressed, it's important to me to behave as much like a woman as I can.

But then, there are the things that you can't study in public. Like this video illustrates. It makes me wonder how many other little, private mannerisms or behaviors GGs have that I am unaware of. And is this even important? Well, I would guess that even if no one sees such things in public, these private GG habits could make us feel more feminine inside. And that's important. At least to me.

Does anyone else have video or comments on the private mannerisms of GGs? It would be fun to know.

I'm tempted to switch over to the 'guy method" since I have always done cross arms since I was little, because the cross arms method turns the top inside out,and I usually have to noodle it back when doing the wash. I am beginning to remember that my older sister taught me the cross arm method when we were little kids.

Banned Read only
    AM:

I wash the vast majority of my stuff inside-out. When it's inside-out, the outside of the garment can only rub on itself so there is potentially less wear from abrasion. What we think of as lint is what is rubbed off of the surface of the material. Items that have buttons and zippers can't rub on anything else if they are inside-out. The only reason I wash anything right side-out is if it is really soiled...

DeeAnn

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I'll happily take the rap for this one, on behalf of my Nation.

...I started threading my belt the other way when crossdressing. Why? Because it felt odd, and therefore became an item of notice: It got my attention. It reminded me that I was doing something different.
    Ditto on this too. Thought maybe I was the only one.in

The upshot is- if the buttons (or otherwise) and not on the 'expected' side, you are wearing girls clothes! Wooo Hoo!
    I like that point too. Otherwise, it is a shirt in my opinion and this girl is a blouse girl.

Becky x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Almost always arms crossed, girl style. Just seems a lot easier that way to me, not particularly to do it as a girl, just easier.

- Suzie

:shakes head: why do you REALLY care? are you going to be a stripper? Get over the "girls do this and boys do that" stuff already. Haven't we figured out everyone does it their OWN way and the results end up the same?shirt.jpg
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-26-2015 at 05:13 PM.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I have taken my shirt off both ways and a number of variations as well. Now socks! Talk to my wife. She says she has never seen anyone put a pair of socks on like I do. Not sure what to make of that.

Some times I rip it off in a fit of passion. Other times it goes down or up depending on my mood.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kristi, I always button and unbutton my male shirts,
    But the ladies tops if I can I take them off and on with out unbuttoning
    I hold the shoulders and pull over my head being
    careful not to get makeup on it. ~~......
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 02-25-2016 at 06:11 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing.
    I do not use either of the methods she demonstrated.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I use the one hand technique in guy mode and the criss cross method in girl mode. Sometimes I found myself using the criss cross in guy mode every now and then.

depends on the type of shirt....button up or tee, tailored athletic cut or loose fit. clothes aren't the same as how we look at our nails (palm up-masculine, palm down,fingers extended- feminine).