Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parents throwing a fit

Quote Originally Posted by Zooey View Post
    I strongly recommend getting some experience with actually LIVING as yourself before jumping to HRT, etc.
    This seems to be a common issue here lately with a few posters screaming "I can't express who I truly am as X person (insert spouse, parents, GF, whatever) won't let me but I want to be on HRT and get SRS.

Everybody is searching for that magic bullet to cure their GD but they are missing some very logical and much needed steps. They should be out getting some experience living as their target gender and building a real life support system/group for when they do finally come out of the shadows and yell "this is who I am"....

As Misty mentioned they are so focused on the clothes and not where they should be putting their priorities... They don't need a dress or shoes to start laying the groundwork...

Megan

Will respond to some of the other comments after work but I can say that I do have a support system already in place.

Living as my target gender will be easier in a month and a half from now. I was going to remove all the body hair when my folks went out of town but a cousin said to hold off until moving if it just means adding more stress to the situation.

Wearing a bra to work and feeling less moody than the last week. This is a big step for me because I've been afraid of outing myself at work. You can see the outline of the back of my bra in the mirror. I always wear two layers in the winter so that may not help the situation. I'm going to be wearing bras all the time when I move, anyway. If it makes me less moody now, I'll wear them all the time. I had only been wearing them while sleeping.

I'm trying to understand what would happen if you went ahead and removed the hair you want... It's...hair, for gosh sake. It grows back. It would make you feel better, right?
    Would they kick you out of their house or something?
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Removing hair would make me feel better, yes. But my parents will just throw a fit. I pretty much decided over Thanksgiving weekend that I would move in Feb. Need to pad that bank account for just a few more weeks!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Zooey View Post
    As I told them via PM, HRT is not a magic fix, and neither are SRS/FFS. All of these things can and do help with certain types of issues, but they cannot (on their own) make you comfortable with being yourself, and they cannot make you capable of navigating transition successfully. That has to come from within, and I strongly recommend getting some experience with actually LIVING as yourself before jumping to HRT, etc.
    That experience living as myself will come soon enough.

I'm just hoping to wear my new jeans and a new top tomorrow. Snuck the jeans in tonight under my jacket...that was fun.
    I'm a nice Jewish girl.

I'm not a girl, Not yet a woman.