Thread: First, shopping alone

First, shopping alone

So today I got up and mulled around. Which is usual right now since I'm off work til the 4th. I decided I wanted to go shopping. So I got all dolled up and took some pics, and away I went. Yes for me shopping in fem is a usual thing at least twice a month. But I always have my SO, or others with us. But this time I was totally alone. All I cared was get in get out. But that didn't happen. Almost didn't get out of the vehicle. But as I sat there texting my bffs I got clocked. So what the heck, I went to my most dreaded place, Walmart. I went in picked out what I was after then started browsing. Yes I know I was made several times. But I needed the time. So I went to check out and was really needing it out there. But the ladies in front of me had issues. No matter what I couldn't leave. Finally I made my purchases and left. As I drove home I realized it wasn't all that bad. I had hoped I could go out again soon. Maybe to the mall. Having cookies to bake I got started on that. Digging in the fridge and pantry. No stick butter, no brown sugar. So not really wishing to leave again, out the door I went. This time to the grocery. I went in this time in a different frame of mind. I belong here was the attitude. Chin up, shoulders back, boobs out, swagger in my step but not too much. I got what I needed. Went to self check out, and got done. The clocking was there, but I didn't care, and it wasn't as much as the Walmart. Attitude change made a difference. At least to me. Smiling at everyone, and just doing my thing. It was great. I'm most certainly ready mentally to go out again. I got some of the cookies made, cornbread for dinner made and about to start the rest of the cookies. Have a good day every one. An lastly merry Christmas.
    Kandi
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

I would love to go shopping en femme. Totally jealous. Glad you had a great time of it, and I hope you have a Merry Christmas as well!
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

Enjoy the cookies as much as you enjoyed going out!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Kandai that's exactly how we should be just go about our business and be ourselves.
    I've had several pleasant experiences lately while out interacting with others and it felt great.
    We all know at some point we will be read but it's ok it is what it is
    Glad you had a good time

Good job Kandia, isn't it fun to go shopping en femme?

I have been dressing for a long time in the privacy of my home, wanting to go shopping dressed.

For some reason, the weekend before last, I got dressed, figured I looked womanly enough, and went to Walmart to shop. I was so nervous, but after a few minutes, I realized that nobody really noticed, so I went about my business, bought a little make-up, a few other things, and paid through the self check-out area.

It was such a rush, that I couldn't wait to do it again, so last weekend, I got dressed again, went back to Walmart, did some grocery shopping, then Home Depot to pick up some gifts, then went to a Goodwill and bought a few skirts and a dress.

I may have been clocked, but I really don't know for sure (in other words, there was no real indication from anyone) - but really, why would it matter....

I have to say that after all that, I am really addicted to shopping while dressed, and thinking about going to a mall next to get some last second Christmas shopping done. I do have the same warning for everyone that hasn't gone out dressed yet that everyone else has said: Once you go out, you'll want to do it again and again.

Yes it was fun. I've definatly got some personal pointers from experience now. All the cookies made. Got pumpkin pies tomorrow. By the way, the new profile and avatar pics are from today. Least I hope. Lol
    Candi

If you get clocked like you say you do then company is definitely the best way to go.

You do need to go out alone to boost your confidence.

One day you won't even notice the clockers.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yeah, one day I probably won't notice them at all. Honestly, maybe I wasn't clocked. I'm just so darn tall, without heels that I get double takes even in drab. Ooh week I did decide that, like I said before, minding my own affairs, and don't pay others to much mind.
    Candi

Way to go, Kandia! That first time by yourself is tough, but sounds like you pushed on to get that hurdle out of the way. I had fun last October shopping with you and your wife and I'm impressed with your new avatar. Very nice! Hope we can get together again soon.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Banned Read only
    Do you realize how you've helped others with this post, encouraged them to go out, Good Post.

Thanks Heidi, yes we do need to go do it again. Thanks very much for the compliment. I do hope I've helped some others get through and make some forward decisions. I've gotten much more comfortable in the past few months. Twoi weeks ago in Nashville, doesn't all day Sunday touring the ryman, Breakfast and lunch and the drive home enfem. I didn't post on it. Life got busy. But it was great. I did have my friends and my wife with me so it was much easier that day. I had support.
    Candi

Always good when you learn something new about yourself - thanks for sharing your story

Aspiring Member
    I rarely go shopping for my girly clothes anymore without dressing. And Walmart is always my first stop... then Ross. I know I get "clocked" somewhat, but mostly by guys more than the women around me. But it doesn't matter. I never feel rushed or out of place and I end up getting what I really want - instead of grabbing the first thing off the rack and rushing through the check out. And it's a joy to actually try on skirts and such in the store before deciding to buy.

Girls, if you haven't gone shopping "en femme," you don't know what you're missing.

Great story, congrats on your shopping and culinary success!
    Been dressed at Wal-Mart where I live, but only very late at night. No one cared, though it was quote empty at the time.

Aspiring Member
    Your first shopping trip alone can be a scary feeling. In the other hand the "rush" you get is overwhelming . You did an excellent job at it. Glad to hear it. Don't forget to save some of your cookies for Santa. Keep up the good work and merry Christmas to you and your family.

Hi Kandia,

What a confidence builder -- the difference in attitude between your two trips is great. I know I'm clocked a lot too and I don't worry about it. I just remember Lacey Leigh's line -- When they clock me and still treat me as the lady that I'm presenting, THEY pass!

And oh yes the cookies smell marvelous!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Good on you! Don't be ashamed. We have a guy at work who dresses as a female. No make-up, no wig although his hair is past his shoulder. At first, everyone did a double take and talked about him. Now it's so common no one pays attention nor does a double take. I think with all this talk about transgender, ie transexual lately everyone assumes he is in transition. Anyway, that's so great that you got that "I don't care, what others think" attitude. So what did your SO have to say about your solo ride?
    Tina
    Tina

My first shopping experience was in drab, but i came up with some good excuses (my gf, present for wife, etc). One time I was buying heels at Target (in drab), and the sales lady told me the pumps were cute, and it would look great on me. I was in heaven with that comments. She gave me the shoes and told me to have fun, but dont break a leg, i felt I really now want to let sales folks know now its for me
    stay pretty, christy