Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: walkin round in woman's underwear? 😠

Banned Read only

walkin round in woman's underwear? 😠

I hear this every season on the local bottom feeder mouth breather radio station (ya, change the station, I know) :

http://shz.am/t47591996

As a CD and possibly TG, I find it law suit worthy offensive! Somebody give me a freaking snickers bar! 😠😠

Banned Read only
    Is the world so PC now that one can't joke about cross dressing? It's just an attempt at humor, it's not an indictment against cross dressing.

Should Grandmas sue because 'Grandma got run over by a reindeer'?
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 12-23-2015 at 01:43 AM.

Well, that song isn't actually all that far off the mark, and I would even venture to guess that whoever penned those lyrics probably had a bit of insight into our world.

I'm personally not offended by this song and can even see the humour in it (do we really have to take ourselves so seriously all the time?). Let the mouthbreathers snicker over it - we'll never win them over anyways - and who cares what they think since they're already on the wrong side of history. The half-full glass part for me here is that someone actually took the trouble to pen a song that acknowledges the existence of our world, and as they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Well, I think its cute. And it seems to be done in fun. But whether it is, or not, I am told that actors think any public mention, good or bad, is beneficial to their careers. (Even bad comments don't seem to have hurt Charlie Sheen's career.) Perhaps this song will bring an awareness to those who would otherwise not hear, and to help normalize it for others.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If we can't laugh at ourselves whats the use?

It's a seasonal thing, Merry Christmas. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I think it's great. The first song I did at the Christmas show at the club years ago.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    I think Its real funny every time I hear it. No different than alot of Christmas songs done in humor. They make you laugh. Its Christmas time so lets all be merry..

Gone to live my life
    Okay . . . you can all crucify me later as being overly sensitive but here it goes . . .

Firstly, I get it . . . freedom of speech, it's on the internet just don't look, you can't change haters minds . . . blah, blah, blah. Look, I don't consider myself an overly sensitive person when out and about and, I don't personally care what people think of me so long as they are not overtly rude or hostile, I live it every day. For every 10 people I meet there is always one who shoots me a look of utter disgust (both men and women) but I ignore it because that is their right. By why do you think they have that disgust on their face? It's because of narrow minded attempts at humor like the video which paints us pervy dudes hanging around lingerie shops doing what is not normal. You liken this to good old fashion fun/humour? Seriously?

If this had been a video about a protected group in society (e.g., visible minorities, homosexuals, women) I dare say most of you would be up on the soap box declaring how horrible such a thing is and calling for its removal. You are right that it is some misguided souls attempt at humor (could even be one of the tribe for all we know) and we should just ignore it. However it is little things like this which minimalizes us as people but painting us as caricatures of how intolerant people view TG folk. There are hundreds of post on this site which state things like "Why can't people just accept us as we are?" Why can't society stop thinking of us as perverts?" Why? Because of garbage like this. IMO, it is not something to commiserate over, laugh about or giggle along with the other mouth breathers.

If you were to walk into a restaurant and a group of mouth breathers happen to see you and started singing this same song . . . what would you do? Would you walk over and say "You got me guys . . . that's me pervy Pete walking around in women's underwear, lets all have drink and sing another chorus" . . . Not likely. There would be plenty of folks here who would claim to want to lay a smack down on those same dudes or some would just exit stage right to avoid any embarrassment. Now before someone goes . . . It's not the same thing!, remember this . . . hate/intolerance is same irrespective of where it is portrayed (internet or in person). Sure you can ignore it, shrug it off as good old fashion fun or laugh along with the mouth breathers but each time you do this, it just confirms in the eyes of people who revile us that it is okay to make fun of us.

I relinquish the soap box.

Marcelle
    Last edited by Marcelle; 12-23-2015 at 06:17 AM.

I think the word these days is "micro-aggression".
    Susan

I am a strong proponent of free speech, even though it may be hateful. At best it allows for a view of different opinions and even at it's worst, it gives you fair warning to go home and take whatever precautions you deem necessary.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    ...and as they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity.
    Au contraire Leslie. I note the time when our local window cleaner told my mum that she'd seen me hopping (wagging?) off of school back in the 70s. I never did get to cut her ladder rungs in retaliation.

I've got to say, I think it's funny too. I'm not one for easy offence. Insult my mum, my dad, my family...but not a bad word about my favourite cat or there'll be trouble.

Just to be picky, I glide and skip around in ladies underwear. Correction...my underwear!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelle View Post
    Okay . . . you can all crucify me later as being overly sensitive but here it goes . . . I relinquish the soap box.
    Not for a minute Marcelle. I basically agree with everything you say. Problem is, I have my own irreverent views on so much, that to completely condemn the song would also expose me for the hypocrite I am. But as in all things you do, as eloquent as ever.

Becky
    Last edited by reb.femme; 12-23-2015 at 06:39 AM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Read only
    Now that' funny

It might be in everyone's best interest to do a Youtube search for this song. It brings up a lot more songs by these guys and many others. All very funny.

As for wanting to sue/be offended.....*shrug*as I would say to anyone else; unbunch the panties.
    Last edited by Laurana; 12-23-2015 at 07:07 AM.

Wrong time of year for crucifixion Marcelle...

I suppose the video isn't particularly flattering, but then this is a parody... and Bob Rivers' other 'Twisted Christmas' songs do parody political figures (Osama got run over by a reindeer...) minorities, and religion - so he's spreading his parodical net quite wide...

And yes it's full of the usual stereotypes... I mean, an obsession with lacy lingerie, silky pantyhose, borrowing things from the wife when she's out of town, and walking about in women's underwear... I don't think I've EVER read anything here that would imply any of our members enjoy that sort of thing... Inconceivable!!!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    The songs also almost 25 years old.

Gone to live my life
    Yeah . . . I suppose when I was taking my beat down by the multiple cowards listening to things like "pervert panty wearer", "freak", and other things which were caricatures associated with that video, I should have just "unbunched my panties" and laughed along with them.

Marcelle

I find it to be only a silly song. I believe this is a funny one too, and if you know the band, they joke with everything. (NSFW)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1xqvQOvE0vA

Im from the area where the "artist" Bob Rivers penned and performed that. It's only supposed to be funny and as a cd I can almost fully relate. Before I was out to the wife, this is pretty much how it went. This song has got to be some 30 years old. I don't think we need to be overly PC now do we?
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Gone to live my life
    Yup . . . 30 years ago when it was okay to hate folks from all walks of life and make fun of them dressed up in cute silly songs . . . no reason to be PC though today because people accept us just as we are . . . right?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by shortskirt87 View Post
    I find it to be only a silly song. I believe this is a funny one too, and if you know the band, they joke with everything. (NSFW)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1xqvQOvE0vA
    That's frikkin brilliant!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Yup . . . 30 years ago when it was okay to hate folks from all walks of life and make fun of them dressed up in cute silly songs . . . no reason to be PC though today because people accept us just as we are . . . right?
    There's no hate in those songs. It's comedy. You don't like it don't listen to it. It doesn't mean everyone else can't enjoy it and find the humor in it.

Gone to live my life
    Laurana,

I am entitled to my opinion . . . same as you. However, when you have had your a** handed to you by a group of guys who think we are joke . . . talk to me then.

Strangely enough, I've been aware of the song for years but have never heard more than a mere snippet. I avoid it like the plague although I've never devoted any time or energy to figure out why.

Also, while I am generally not overtly PC, I don't understand why the mouth breathers and bottom feeders (not to be confused with the Muggles as I refer to the ones who simply do not know better but harbor no ill will) find it to be OK to laugh at us, make derogatory comments, call us he/he-she/it (reverse the pronouns for FTM-the effect is the same), or worse. As Marcelle eloquently put it, saying such things are not acceptable to apply to another minority group...why is it acceptable to do it to us?

Perhaps it is because the world paints us with a brush assuming this is simply a thing we do which makes it easier to dehumanize us. And their perception of those who transition is even worse, characterizing the trans experience as a chosen lifestyle and/or mental illness that must have some nefarious means to an end.

As such, I am fully capable of laughing with us. Gosh knows we need to be capable of doing so at times. But I refuse to laugh at us.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Banned Read only
    Laurana,

I am entitled to my opinion . . . same as you. However, when you have had your a** handed to you by a group of guys who think we are joke . . . talk to me then.
    Then that's on the person not the song.

I'm not a big proponent of the "The (insert whatever here)made me do it" excuse. If someone's gonna beat on you they would have done it whether they heard the song or not.

Plus the way I acted it out at the show that year was priceless. Got a lot of tips for the under privileged kids.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    ..As such, I am fully capable of laughing with us. Gosh knows we need to be capable of doing so at times. But I refuse to laugh at us.
    In a nutshell for me, but as previously stated, I'm no saint myself, so I'm a bit of a fence sitter.

I'm taking it upon myself on this but here goes. Marcelle feels this particularly acutely from her very personal experience, which certainly confers a certain amount of 'locus standi' on her in this debate. Yes, yes, yes, I know we all have standing, but please can we not be the second lot to give one of our own a euphemistic booting and just agree to disagree?

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk