Thread: Season's Greetings from Rianna

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar

Season's Greetings from Rianna

Please accept with no obligation implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all...

...as well as a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2016, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make Britain great, (not to imply that Britain is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "BRITAIN" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee.

(By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.)
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

This one has become a holiday tradition! I remember the same statement in "Xerox humor" from the '90s!

Gone to live my life
    What no mention of Trekkies or other techno nerdy folk . . . feeling slighted LOL . . . Live long and prosper.

Cheers

Marcelle
    Last edited by Marcelle; 12-24-2015 at 06:06 AM.

Dear Rianna,

Although I appreciate the sincerity, and rigor, of your attempt to convey an expression of goodwill untainted by any form of cultural, religious, national, sex-preferential or gender-based bias, or any other flagrant or trivial bias not specifically identified heretofore, I must strongly protest the gross chauvinism of adding the letter "u" to the perfectly capable letter "o" in a common word which functions quite adequately without said supernumerary character. Frankly, I find its injection hostile and hegemonic, and smacking of imperial hubris.

The foregoing notwithstanding, have a Friday.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Aspiring Member
    Happy Holidays.

Gosh all these 'Big Words' are well above me!!

In the United Kingdom we still say 'Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year'. Hope I am not in trouble???
    Happy holidays sounds good to me!!

Enjoy:

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    Happy Holidays
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope 2016 brings each and everyone of you peace and joy.

Carlene💝

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! In this time of celebration, I hope we find peace; peace within and peace in our everyday world. May the New Year bring us all closer to our destinations. May we all align our bodies with our spirits.

May we all find love.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelle View Post
    What no mention of Trekkies or other techno nerdy folk . . . feeling slighted ...
    oh, ok:

rules.jpg

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    I say ... A very Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas to the digital family here on the forum. We share so much during the year; the good, the challenges, and the basic day to day. You all mean such a great deal in your own special way providing leadership and guidance, a friendly place of acceptance, and in a sense a sisterhood.

May 2016 bring all that you seek.

All my best.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Gold Member
    I wish a Merry Christmas to everyone and may you be able to spend the time with the ones you love. Treasure the moments and soak in the love!

Happy holidays to you and yours!!! Peace, joy and love...even to the trekkies!!

Here's to an awesome 2016 to all of us.
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...